• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*A Freshly Scented Garden* Grass-type Club

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    This is a hard question. If I could only choose ONE starter in real life (let's imagine this) I'll choose Totodile ♡♡♡
    But Snivy really got something on me.
    And younger, I had a game with a Chikorita and I have a lot of good souvenirs of this game.

girlslikegirls

gamer, book lover, geek-nerd extraordinar
    Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Side note, but I'm seriously considering going after every grass type in the Poke'verse. There's 87 in all according to Bulbapedia and I'm about a third of the way there already. The only ones that look hard to get are Shaymin and ...well since they're on the list of legendaries about to come out.... The rest I can get from trade or in game. Whattya say guys? Wanna help me out with this project?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Whilst Sceptile's Special Attack stat is a lot higher than his Physical Attack stat I have had a lot of fun using him as a Physical Attacker. My Physical Sceptile in Gen 5 had the moveset: Leaf Blade, Earthquake, Swords Dance and X-Scissor. This helped against Steel Types and fellow Grass Types as well as Psychic and Dark Types.

I did not know he could learn Thunder Punch. I may try putting it on him in order to deal with Flying Types and Gyarados.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I think I have a Pokémon from all Grass Type Evolutionary lines other than Shaymin on my Gen 6 games. I can trade you what you need.

I think the Deerling/Sawbuck line is only available in Spring Form in Gen 6. Sprites for the other forms exist but need to be gained by trade or imported from Gen 5.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Whilst Sceptile's Special Attack stat is a lot higher than his Physical Attack stat I have had a lot of fun using him as a Physical Attacker. My Physical Sceptile in Gen 5 had the moveset: Leaf Blade, Earthquake, Swords Dance and X-Scissor. This helped against Steel Types and fellow Grass Types as well as Psychic and Dark Types.

I have two Sceptile, one in attack and one in sp.attack. I use more the physical attacker.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2017

Yeah, I poorly explained it.
    What I meant was that that one time, I specifically enhanced his special attack using EVs, and also chose a sp.atk+/ph.atk- nature (and maybe it even had a good special attack IV, don't remember).
    I veeery rarely do these things, but that time was one of them.
    So that's why it would have been a real pity to use him as a physical attacker :/

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
    I just realized this was my topic, and yet I'm the only one who hasn't answered it yet. {XD}

I'm gonna have to pick my Turwig from Pokemon Diamond, my first Pokemon game I played through. Even though my all-time favorite starter will always be Treecko, I developed such a deep relationship with my Turtwig when I was little that he"ll always be my favorite one that I've trained. Also, I was a Turtwig in my first playthrough of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, so that might have influenced my decision as well. By might, I mean it definitely did. {XD}

-Tempest :)

Btw, is anyone else besides me hype as all hell for Pokken Tournament? I pre-ordered it and I can't wait to pick my copy up after school tomorrow. I'm probably maining Blaziken, Sceptile or Gengar.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I have only ever used the Turtwig line properly once (In Pearl) and he was very useful with his Grass/Ground Typing. Torterra has a great design and may be based partly on the mythical world carrying turtles.

If I remember correctly I got Bulbasaur from the personality test in Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team.

I have not been following Pokken as the game does not interest me but I am pleased Sceptile got into the game. I think he is the only Grass Type in said game.

girlslikegirls

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    [/spoiler]

I did not know he could learn Thunder Punch. I may try putting it on him in order to deal with Flying Types and Gyarados.

[/spoiler]

I think I have a Pokémon from all Grass Type Evolutionary lines other than Shaymin on my Gen 6 games. I can trade you what you need.

I think the Deerling/Sawbuck line is only available in Spring Form in Gen 6. Sprites for the other forms exist but need to be gained by trade or imported from Gen 5.

I'd only need them long enough to hatch an egg, although I do have quite a few Pokemon I've set aside for trade. I can also breed for you as well. Are there particular Pokemon you're interested in trading the Grass types for? I'll be putting together a list of the Pokemon I have / don't have and probably create a separate thread for it but I can send you a PM once it's completed.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I have a completed Pokedex (At least as far as the Game Freak Diploma is concerned) in X so I don't exactly need any Pokémon. I am happy to send the Pokemon over to you for whatever you feel like sending.

If you can send me over a PM of what you need that would be great. If you want all four Deerling forms I think I can get them imported from my Gen 5 games too. :)

girlslikegirls

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    [/spoiler]

I have a completed Pokedex (At least as far as the Game Freak Diploma is concerned) in X so I don't exactly need any Pokémon. I am happy to send the Pokemon over to you for whatever you feel like sending.

If you can send me over a PM of what you need that would be great. If you want all four Deerling forms I think I can get them imported from my Gen 5 games too. :)

Wow. I'm in awe! Eventually I want a full Pokedex, but I'm starting with my favorite types being a bit of a noob. Grass is easy to work with & manipulate. Much easier than some of the other stats, and it adds more verity to my attack-not-questoins-later game style. I'll be sending you a PM shortly. :-)

DarkestMidnight

Years
    [/spoiler]

A full Pokedex? Wow, that's impressive.

DarkestMidnight

Years
    I feel like I had the right idea with this moveset, but it just doesn't work very well unless it's used in doubles. In singles, it isn't that safe of an option to set Rest and Sleep Talk. If I had a strong partner set with Wide Guard, I could opt for this. As long as Sceptile is protected, he's very powerful.

Sceptile @ Leftovers
    Ability: Overgrow
    Level: 50
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Sleep Talk
    - Leech Seed
    - Rest

girlslikegirls

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Update for my grass type collection! I'll be showing an in-game image when I complete it! SO CLOSE.

*A Freshly Scented Garden* Grass-type Club

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
    How about a new sub-topic?
    If you were going to play a Grass Monotype, what would your team consist of and what moves would each one have? I wanna hear some answers before I give mine!;)

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I don't have much time to think about the moves and stuff, so I'll go with the Pokemon I like ^_^

1. Sceptile
    2. Serperior
    3. Leafeon
    4. Victreebell
    5. Leavanny
    6. Sawsbuck

Last edited:

DarkestMidnight

Years
    I'll just say which Pokemon I'd like in my party for now, not their movesets:

1. Sceptile
    2. Torterra
    3. Amoongus
    4. Parasect
    5. Exeggutor
    6. Seviper

If I were to put in more time, I might have chosen different Pokemon, but these were the first to come to my mind.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Nickname: EvilChameleon
    Your Starter: Snover
    Reason For Joining The Club: Grass type Pokemon are my favorite because green is my favorite color.
    Answer To The Current Topic: My all time favorite grass type starter has to be Treecko. I just think it, and its evolutions, have the best designs. The colors are just right, and the shiny forms look fantastic as well.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Welcome to the Club!

Treecko is my favourite Starter as well and the Shiny Colours look great on all 3 stages with my favourite of the three being the small Wood Gecko Pokémon himself. :)

If you were going to play a Grass Monotype, what would your team consist of and what moves would each one have? I wanna hear some answers before I give mine!;)

I have played several Grass Monotypes already and have completed a Grass Monotype in Red, Heart Gold, Pearl, White 2 and Y so far and am currently doing a Grass Monotype of White. :)

Team:

Vileplume - The Rafflesia Pokémon has been the star of two Monotypes (Red and Heart Gold) and has been always reliable and able to take a hit too.
    Moveset - Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb, Grassy Terrain, Toxic.

Roserade - Weather Ball is an excellent move in any Monotype and with TMs being reusable in Gens 5 and 6 she can hit practically any threat. Sludge Bomb and Petal Dance as well. Star of my Pearl Monotype.
    Moveset - Rain Dance/Sunny Day, Sludge Bomb/Dazzling Gleam, Weather Ball, Petal Dance

Sceptile - A fast Pokémon on a largely slow team. Also a Physical Attacker and potential Mega.
    Moveset - Leaf Blade, Outrage, X Scissor, Swords Dance.

Lilligant - Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance. She was the star in my White 2 Monotype and I was not going to leave my favourite Pokemon out.
    Moveset - Sleep Powder, Petal Dance, Quiver Dance, Dream Eater.

Trevenant - Ghost Typing gives type coverage and also learns Psychic to deal with Poison Types. Also a Physical Attacker.
    Moveset - Wood Hammer, Psychic, Shadow Claw, Forests Curse

Breloom - Fighting Typing to deal with Ice Types along with Dark Types and gets Spore too. The Mushroom Pokémon was very useful in my White 2 Monotype.
    Moveset - Spore, Sky Uppercut, Seed Bomb, Focus Punch

Reactions: EC
    Years

I'm currently doing one for X my team is
    Gogoat which is a really good tank that can learn good coverage moves like Surf and Earthquake as well as recovery moves like Milk Drink
    Moveset Earthquake, Milk Drink, Leaf Blade, Surf
    Item: Leftovers

Chesnaught who is again a really good bulky mon Spiky shield s such a good move cause of protecting and damaging the opponent if a physical move is used
    Moveset: Low Sweep, Spiky Shield, Rock Tomb, Hammer Arm
    Item: Black Belt

Gorgeist has good priority and is pretty fast
    Moveset: Seed Bomb, Phantom Force, Bullet Seed, Shadow Sneak
    Item: Spell Tag

Vileplume same reasons mentions by Charmed Grady and a very good Fairy counter
    Moveset: Petal Blizzard, Dazzling Gleam, Venoshock, Poison Powder
    Item: Black Sludge

Abomasnow while it has a x4 fire weakness the hail is very useful to get a little extra damage on opponents and it gives you a save switch in to Dragon types also 100% accurate Blizzard
    Moveset: Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Blizzard, Wood Hammer
    Item: Abomasite

Venasaur it's the original grass starter and its specially bulky and has a great mega
    Moveset: Strength, Poison Powder, Venoshock, Solar Beam
    Item: Venusaurite

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    After doing an ultimate grass mono, my ideal team would probably be my StormSilver team.

Specs Roserade
    Band Torterra
    50% Crit Leafeon
    Dual-Screens Meganium [sue me]
    Swift Swim Ludicolo
    Spore/Punch Breloom

This team was freaking amazing. Meganium and Torterra split the full-run MVP honors, Ludicolo dispatched any obnoxious Fire types, Specs Roserade did what Specs Roserade does best, Breloom was the MVP of the Red fight, and Leafeon cleaned up everyone else's mess (they made a lot of messes). Pre-E4 access to the Frontier was huge for the Choice items and that useless Scope Lens.

Back