• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluechu

World's Only Blue Pikachu!
Years
  • i dont know about the rest of the world, but i would DIE if there was a gold remake. that was the first pokemon game i owned, and i love it to this day! *sigh* so many good memories with that game, along with my first ever lv. 100 pokemon, my feraligatr. dawngold and dusksilver, huh? i like the sound of those....

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • I would definitely like a gold\silver remake. They were my first Pokemon games and that was what got me hooked on Pokemon games. We really do need a G\S remake but it does make sense that Gamefreak made a Red\Green remake just to be able to obtain Kanto pokemon so thats what brings my hopes down.

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    People, it is sure to be a remake. There is too much evidence already, the ingame johto in DP and the reserved titles duskgold and dawnsilver. Now we just wait, like theres anything else we can do. Also all the ingame refrences in DP. Im sure of it and I bet u some money im right.

Also wouldnt it be awesome if they gave the phone wifi capabilities. Also, if they put the travel to kanto thing within these games, Hoenn would be forgotten about! What to do.

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    People, it is sure to be a remake. There is too much evidence already, the ingame johto in DP and the reserved titles duskgold and dawnsilver. Now we just wait, like theres anything else we can do. Also all the ingame refrences in DP. Im sure of it and I bet u some money im right.

Also wouldnt it be awesome if they gave the phone wifi capabilities. Also, if they put the travel to kanto thing within these games, Hoenn would be forgotten about! What to do.

That's the main argument for a remake, all the references, but these could easily just be easter eggs to those who played the most forgotten generation. I still think and hope there will be a remake, but you can't say that on references.

Forget Hoenn, Johto's where it's at <3

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    No, I really liked hoenn, team A + M were awesome. Gold was boribg but Id still but a remake

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    GSC were the best, no denying! D:

The chances of the remake are highly likely. Think of the Money they'd make‼

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • well, plus the fact that it wouldn't seem right that they didn't if they made a R/B/Y remake and not a G/S/C. i loved the G/S series, though. you never know. they may have made D/P as more of a test to see if the DS would be able to handle the whole time and date thing well. guess the only way to find out is through time.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    well, plus the fact that it wouldn't seem right that they didn't if they made a R/B/Y remake and not a G/S/C. i loved the G/S series, though. you never know. they may have made D/P as more of a test to see if the DS would be able to handle the whole time and date thing well. guess the only way to find out is through time.

That really made no sense, they made DP because we were due for another generation, and the munnys.

Gengarchomp

n00bier than you
    Years
  • It's viable, but there are so many false rumors out there and we can't be sure about anything unless it's from serebii or an official source.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    well the pictures of the chickoritas on bulbabpedia really get me believing in the remakes! (that or there are some really horrible-mean hackers out there...):

Horrible Mean Hackers :P

I've asked some my Japanese and Korean contacts if say have seen anything, and they said they are in the same boat as us.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    I'm pretty sure a G/S remake is on the way. Who doesn't want an easier way to get Ho-oh and Lugia? Anyway if the make a remake they have to do the following things:

-Make the game harder! G/S is the easiest of all the main Pokemon games. Especially Kanto (lol my lvl 50s against your lvl 30s!) The only challenging fight in the game is against Red.
    -Make the game longer. G/S was probably the shortest game in the series.
    -Make Johto a little bit bigger.
    -Make Kanto a lot less pathetic. Include all dungeons (or at least make the dungeons not be 3 screens long) that where taken out of the original G/S.
    -Do not remove the feature to catch both Ho-oh and Lugia.
    -Include the PokeBalls Kurt (Fast Ball ftw) makes and the ones from GBA and DP.
    -Online PokeGear capabilities.
    -Trainer Hall in Viridian still there.
    -Safari Zone!

Elite 4 Sam

Steel Type User
    Years
  • I loved GSC! Also, they probably will make a remake because it will most likely appeal to the younger age groups who werent around for the original GSC. I mean, the younger age group never got to see Johto, so now would be the perfect time because DP raked in a lot of little kids.( I know that might have been a little confusing o.0)

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Can I ask something,
    why does everyone want a remake so bad? Isn't it going to be the same?
    Do you guys play for the graphics :S?. If you wanted something different, download a hack.
    If you want to play a G/S game, get a Gold or Silver game!
    there wouldn't be much difference in the remake so whats the point?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Can I ask something,
    Do you guys play for the graphics :S?. If you wanted something different, download a hack.
    Alot of old fans like me remember how fun Gold and Silver was back in the day, so that's one reason. Another reason is the fact that they would add more gameplay and functions to it, and maybe give us the possibility to finally receive Celebi legally without buying a Jap. Colo Disc or getting one from the 10th Anniv. Event.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Can I ask something,

You could say the same for FR/LG, but they made it.

Not to mention that by now the majority of the internal batteries have run dry. And a remake is a chance to fix what [little] was broken and add extras that would be widely welcomed and appreciated.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Well according to some in D/P theres in game location data that shows its possible to trade with a possible G/S/C remake. So its probable that a G/S/C remake will exist. But theres only way to find out if said data is real... RIP OPEN A D/P ROM AND CONFIRM THE EXISTANCE OF SAID DATA

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • You could say the same for FR/LG, but they made it.

Not to mention that by now the majority of the internal batteries have run dry. And a remake is a chance to fix what [little] was broken and add extras that would be widely welcomed and appreciated.
    i definitlely agree. and i want to play G/S/C on my DS/GBA.Not my comp.and the real games wouldn't be betas like the hacks,they'd be complete,with better features as mentioned before.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I would buy a G/S/C remake for many reasons.

1. I loved them so...
    2. They developed many great Pokemon.
    3. It's hard to obtain said Pokemon.. so I would love to just trade over to my Diamond.
    4. The Cyndaquil Evolution chain....
    5. The ability to go into 2 different regions.
    6. I loved the story line.
    7. My Gold internal battery ran dry years ago and.. sadly enough, my Crystal just ran dry yesterday. All I have left from that gen is a Silver version that I bought used, I highly doubt that it will last very long.

Oh, and to those that say "Go buy another game..", all the ones that are left are used. They won't last 5 weeks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back