• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Thank you kitsune! Also hmm i can picture it but i cant picture the names
    Offtopic: Who likes my sig?

Game Name Pattern:

Kanto01- Red/Blue/Green
    Kanto02- Special Pikachu Edition (NICKNAMED Yellow)
    Johto01- Gold/Silver
    Johto02- Crystal
    Hoenn01- Ruby/Sapphire
    Kanto01.2- FireRed/LeafGreen
    Hoenn02- Emerald
    Sinnoh01- Diamond/Pearl
    Sinnoh02- Platinum

So whatever the Remakes are called, they'll most likely be variations of "Gold" and "Silver" that still relates to Ho-Oh and Lugia respectively

I'm guessing probably something like "SparkleGold" (Ho-Oh is Sparkly and stuff) and "ShimmeringSilver" (Lugia guards the sea right? and Water is shimmery and stuff)

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Game Name Pattern:

Kanto01- Red/Blue/Green
    Kanto02- Special Pikachu Edition (NICKNAMED Yellow)
    Johto01- Gold/Silver
    Johto02- Crystal
    Hoenn01- Ruby/Sapphire
    Kanto01.2- FireRed/LeafGreen
    Hoenn02- Emerald
    Sinnoh01- Diamond/Pearl
    Sinnoh02- Platinum

So whatever the Remakes are called, they'll most likely be variations of "Gold" and "Silver" that still relates to Ho-Oh and Lugia respectively

I'm guessing probably something like "SparkleGold" (Ho-Oh is Sparkly and stuff) and "ShimmeringSilver" (Lugia guards the sea right? and Water is shimmery and stuff)

That makes a lot of sense, and Shimmering Silver sounds like a good name too.

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    They would have to do a remake. Even with the DS light, it was extremly hard to get some Johto pokemon, such as cyndaquil and some of the legendaries(they are in other games, but only with secret events) such as Ho-oh and Lugia. But that is purely my speculation only

...Plus I would really enjoy a G/S/C remake, personally.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I think what ~link smash~ ment was a cross-game referance in the Anime, similar to the Battle Frontier ARC (The Battle Frontier advertised Pokemon Emerald, while it was located in Kanto advertising FR/LG.)
    Oh, ok then. (Not knowledgable on the anime). But also, as you said, anime =/= games - there are numourous places in the anime which are clearly not in the games, for instance. So it wouldn't mean that there would be one in a (possible) GS remake.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    If they did make a Johto remake I would appreciate the Orange Islands more than the uber dead Kanto

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    To true my friend to true. I like the shimerring and sparkling but hmm its lacking. Mabye glistering gold and shimmering silver to make it gg/ss?

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    If they did make a Johto remake I would appreciate the Orange Islands more than the uber dead Kanto

I would barf if the orange islands or some other uber anime crap were going to be in it.
    I would love to see the true look of Kanto 3 years after RBY events and that in DP graphics D:.
    As Kanto was mostly dead because the cartdige didn't have any space left for the stuff like safari, viridian forest or some great event on cinabar island.

Would it really be a problem if the names were DuskGold and DawnSilver? (They obviously won't give remakes names not including gold and silver)
    Cause I'd love those.

wu_tiger

Gotta Catch 'Em All
    Years
    I would like to see these remakes, but maybe rename it to another stone, or maybe even a game where you out kanto, johto, hoenn, and sinnoh into one and call it something like rainbow, or not lol.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    A big remake like that will never happen so dont get your hopes up -_-

Anyways, I don't see the point of having Kanto, I mean it wasn't just 'Kanto' being dead, the storyline for it was lame aswell, I mean the gyms were completed in a matter of hours

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    A big remake like that will never happen so dont get your hopes up -_-

Anyways, I don't see the point of having Kanto, I mean it wasn't just 'Kanto' being dead, the storyline for it was lame aswell, I mean the gyms were completed in a matter of hours
    its true. there wont be a remake.
    Care to say why it won't happen? >_< After all - there's certainly a bunch of things suggesting that in the least it's been seriously considered, even in the point of there being coding for it. Plus it would sell - there's no real reason for them not to do it (unless they've suddenly become allegic to money).

Sure, there's every chance that it won't happen - but ATM, there is nothing that confirms it, or confirms that it won't be made. Only way we'll find out is wait, either a year, give or take in the least for Platinum to die down (they will be only promoting Platinum as their main game ATM, to milk as much sales out of it), or even for the 5th gen. Or never.

And the point of Kanto - well, where else would they have the Elite four then? Plus it was an aspect many liked - being able to go back, see how things changed, plue more to do as well. True that the downsizing (which IMO were due to memory constraints) and all was a bit of a downer, but - who says they couldn't improve on that in a remake? Johto isn't the biggest region, so it's possible... depending on memory and what they want to do as well, depending if they make it or not.

(And orange islands in a remake - I rather doubt it. It's an anime-only place really...)

TLG

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    it will sell a lot!! so I see no reason why it wont happen either.
    Considering all of the upgrades there could be in a remake, the makers would be stupid not to.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Oh, so there IS an official thread for it.

And I found it on a day when I'm in a terribly pissed mood, so in comes long rantish post about how bad G/S/C was.

First of all, let's start by pointing out something: GSC might have been a game with a lot to do, but honestly, you take out Kanto and there's next to nothing. The most powerful Pokémon in the region is level 50, a feat easily surpassed by the wild Pokémon of Mt. Silver (which is ridiculous if you ask me). Besides that, the most powerful Pokémon is a Dragonite, which shouldn't even be there because it's level 50 and not 55.

The difficulty curve of the game was made by a freaking two year-old. At least Kanto made it sort of hard if you picked the Fire-Type starter. (But most critics would argue Hoenn and Sinnoh were worshipping at the altar of Blaziken and Infernape respectively...which is true. However, my argument is that Game Freak should've realized their mistake at Johto instead of continuing to make it over again, and, especially in the case of Hoenn, much worse for the future generations)

If you picked Chikorita as your starter, you were considered one with quite the gutspah, since no gym in Johto AT ALL favors picking it, it's the worst starter offensively, and unless you hop on the bandwagon that is Alakazam, you're starving for a support fighter that can help Chikorita stand on its own four legs and weather the assault of multiple resistances and having 3 of the 8 gyms--the first two being the game's first two gyms--score super-effective hits on it.

There is little to put in GSC's defense other than the odd rare and useful Pokémon that was either found in Kanto or was version-exclusive, rare, and in a hard-to-reach area.

My biggest problem with Johto was it literally had to hump Kanto's leg and ride its cotails. 90% of the useful Pokémon found in Johto were original Kanto Pokémon, and the 10% of the useful Pokémon found in Johto were legendary or absurdly rare, and in some cases, evolved from Kanto Pokémon (Kingdra and Blissey being the best examples.)

Speaking of cross-generation evolutions, that's another thing that Johto horribly failed at, a problem that Sinnoh fixed quite nicely in my opinion; the overabundance of really mediocre, one-liners that had no use to anyone, were absurdly rare, and weren't worth the ridiculous effort put into them to add them to your team. Sinnoh gave much-needed evolutions to ugly ducklings like Gligar, Aipom, Yanma, Togetic, and others.

One thing in Johto's defense that I'm sure will be brought up in a lengthy quote-happy reply by a Johto fanboy is the argument of "Johto pokes sucked then but are super-duper-super-special awesome now." Sure they are now, but they sucked back then. Such suckage has put a nearly permanent bad impression of the game to me.

Frankly, Johto needed Kanto to prevent itself from being a total and complete failure. And, I will point out in defense of GSC; the Kanto remake was brilliant, but honestly, my arguments lie in Johto, because this is the new we're talking about, not the old. If I wanted to talk about Kanto, I have Fire Red and Leaf Green to critique, thank you very much.

Practically everything about Johto sucked. A lot of its Pokémon either are still utter garbage today or were until Sinnoh breathed some life into them. Those that aren't utter garbage were extremely hard to obtain, or were obtained in Kanto, which fuels my argument of "Johto needed Kanto to prevent itself from having Game Freak look like they made asses of themselves, making a ridiculously mediocre follow-up to an iconic piece of gaming history." And I know a lot of you who post in this thread don't want to hear it, but that's exactly what Game Freak did. Compared to Red, Blue and Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal were incredibly mediocre. There was no real story like there was in RBY, as you didn't feel accomplished having beaten Team Rocket the final time in Johto (and I'm sure the one Rocket member you fight in Kanto is a total accomplishment to have under your belt, beating a level 34 Golbat.). The Gyms, the Elite Four, and the Pokédex were the only means of accomplishment. After you've beaten Red, there's little to do other than what you've been doing.

Speaking of Red, he was filler and was done absolutely horribly, as were the Kanto Gyms. The Kanto Gyms offered Pokémon that were all terribly weak in comparison to the Elite Four. It was like the game says "OK, you've beaten the Elite Four. Now we put you on Easy Street", because honestly, after you've beaten all the Gyms in East Kanto, the rest of it feels more like a chore than a challenge. The difficulty curve in Kanto was laughable; most of the Pokémon there were 40-50, then Blue comes up with a well-rounded party 8 LEVELS HIGHER. Then, you go to Mt. Silver, start seeing wild Pokémon whose levels are higher than any of the Gym Leaders AND the Elite Four, then fight Red. As if the 8-level jump between Blaine and Blue wasn't bad enough, now you have to deal with a 21-LEVEL JUMP between Blue and Red.

Seriously, Johto was done so horribly that those arguments were off the top of my head. I could probably point out more parts of the game where they horribly failed, but I'm too miserable to give a rat's ass. Besides, I'd piss off those nostalgia junkies.

GSC had its selling points, sure. You could easily beat the game; just pick Cyndaquil as your starter and do nothing but train it 3-4 levels every Route you travel. Good game, yeah.

There were so many bad things about Johto that I just can't think about a remake without having to remember all of those things. Sure, the remake would likely patch them up (Such as giving you a Razor Fang / Claw at one point in the game), but honestly, the Pokémon needed their abilities and evolutions to make them viable, and Johto needed Kanto.

Bad idea is bad, period.

EDIT: Johto's best selling point was brought up to me by a friend of mine. I will admit that Johto has the BEST soundtrack of ANY Pokémon game. However, a remake would likely only damage the game's legendary battle themes (though admittedly, hearing remakes of many of the themes piques my interest in a remake), which adds fuel to the fire of saying how bad a remake would be. =\

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    quote]
    Too long...
    I didn't read all what you said.
    But I don't think si.
    If they make remake, it does NOT mean they'll follow the original.
    As I said they could even edit the Johto-dex. They could also change the levels of Gym roosters.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Too long...
    I didn't read all what you said.
    But I don't think si.
    If they make remake, it does NOT mean they'll follow the original.
    As I said they could even edit the Johto-dex. They could also change the levels of Gym roosters.

tl;dr is the phrase you're looking for; it means "too long; didn't read".
    Honestly, I don't blame you. It's a lot of hate to digest.

Of course they wouldn't follow the original. Nobody would buy it if that were the case; it'd be the same overdependent bucket of fail that the original was.

And sure, they can edit the Johto Dex, but I seriously doubt it, since FRLG didn't edit their Dex.

The levels of the Gyms will probably not be touched. There was little tampering done on FRLG (the only thing I can think of was Giovanni's Rhydon being devolved...), so I doubt there will be any actual level changes. :#

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back