• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    The camera hints a lot and lack of GBA slot. Also, a remake of a remake would be creepy. If Nintendo did that, they'd have over a hundred emails daily for a whole year saying "Why did you make a remake of Firered and LeafGreen?" unless it's a third game for it. Always wanted to have RGB in the same language.

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    but personally, I prefer a GBA remake. I liked the GBA versions more somehow...

Ew, no no no no no. The GBA had a horrible feel to it. When Ruby and Sapphire came out, I didn't like the feel of the GBA at all. It felt like the series had been upgraded too quickly. All the Pokemon were weird, they didn't have that style that the 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon had. When it came out, it just felt awkward playing it, especially after Crystal.

Anyway, I just noticed something. With all these similarities between G/S/C, it came to me that maybe they intentionally put them in there to sort of test-drive them on the new system(day to night transitions, weekly events(like drifloon on fridays), there are others I can't think of right now). Either that, or they leaned towards the other games heavily for inspiration(especially Johto).

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Ew, no no no no no. The GBA had a horrible feel to it. When Ruby and Sapphire came out, I didn't like the feel of the GBA at all. It felt like the series had been upgraded too quickly. All the Pokemon were weird, they didn't have that style that the 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon had. When it came out, it just felt awkward playing it, especially after Crystal.

Anyway, I just noticed something. With all these similarities between G/S/C, it came to me that maybe they intentionally put them in there to sort of test-drive them on the new system(day to night transitions, weekly events(like drifloon on fridays), there are others I can't think of right now). Either that, or they leaned towards the other games heavily for inspiration(especially Johto).

I never thought of it that way. I guess that sort of makes sense.

And I agree. R/S/E are pretty awkward. =/

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    The camera hints a lot and lack of GBA slot. Also, a remake of a remake would be creepy. If Nintendo did that, they'd have over a hundred emails daily for a whole year saying "Why did you make a remake of Firered and LeafGreen?" unless it's a third game for it. Always wanted to have RGB in the same language.
    I agree, so they shouldn't make GBA games download-able on DSi, unless the game really really really needs a remake. But they could make some enhancement, definitely NOT improving the graphics, just adding up some features. For example an enhanced version of FR/LG should be have this Day/Night feature(or just simply time feature, just like in R/S/E), so we don't have to trade away the Pokemon which evolve on a certain time. They could also make another new feature: re-battle with Gym Leaders(of course, with the roosters level up and/or addition Pokemon.).

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wait ice your saying that they should release fr/lg with jhoto as a download in gba format? Im sorry but thats downright insane and absurd..

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008
    Wouldn't it be better to create a whole NEW Pokemon instead of a remake?

Ruffresia

Johto Coordinator.
    Years
    Bah. I really want a Gold/Silver remake. It's needed, considering how Johto was basically cut out of the Pokémon world. I mean, seriously, it's the only game that's tied to the GBC only. What's that? D< I also love Johto as a region and would love it on the DS. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Bah. I really want a Gold/Silver remake. It's needed, considering how Johto was basically cut out of the Pokémon world. I mean, seriously, it's the only game that's tied to the GBC only. What's that? D< I also love Johto as a region and would love it on the DS. :D
    Yup, that's what I thought too... I think instead of a remake, we want revamp. You know increase the size the towns/cities and add Pokemon Contest! <33

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    I would make a bet with someone that the contest hall would be in Goldenrod if they made one xD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Acually goldenrod would be the hugest city. They would need to fit in the gts and contest hall lets mention all the other stuff there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Remakes seem possible again especially with the lack of a GBA slot on DSi

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    None of the G/S/C legendary's are in Platinum are they? Not even Lugia and Ho-Oh. Don't forget the signatures of Silver and Gold. They aren't in any of the GBA or DS games, apart from Events. Could that also hint towards a remake?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    None of the G/S/C legendary's are in Platinum are they? Not even Lugia and Ho-Oh. Don't forget the signatures of Silver and Gold. They aren't in any of the GBA or DS games, apart from Events. Could that also hint towards a remake?
    Well, it is a hint, but on that has already been touched on. :P

And websites... well, Nintendo have a number of them, but doesn't mean that, if made, a GSC remake will have that name. Platinum hadn't had a website prior to the announcement of the name, for instance, if I recall rightly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back