• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
  • Would listening to music help? I know when I've had MRIs and CT Scans they've played music. Maybe ask?

Not for this particular problem unfortunately :/

I can't have my head in certain positions due to my brainstem getting squished. It's also caused some spinal problems, particularly up at my neck. To give you an idea of how sensitive it is, I have to stand nearly all day because my spine feels like its compressing, causing me to start feeling very ill, whenever I sit or even if sit up while lying down.

I just can't see how I'm gonna do it tbh ;(

The music definitely helps with MRIs though! I had a major meltdown last time I got one on my brain. I ended up in tears and they had to get me out of there. I felt so bad for them because I was holding them up and causing so many issues. Focusing on the music definitely helped get me through it once they convinced me to go back in :)

I wish we had something like that because the provinces have wayyy to much autonomy and it's insane. The federal government needs to put regulations in place.

I had a CT scan once but I can't for the life of me put my arms above my head laying down.

Our health service is heading that way. It's pretty much dying rn.

I'm not sure if I've had a CT scan tbh, they always shove me in the tunnel of doom. That sounds horrible, I hope you don't need another one any time soon :)

Years
  • Not for this particular problem unfortunately :/

I can't have my head in certain positions due to my brainstem getting squished. It's also caused some spinal problems, particularly up at my neck. To give you an idea of how sensitive it is, I have to stand nearly all day because my spine feels like its compressing, causing me to start feeling very ill, whenever I sit or even if sit up while lying down.

I just can't see how I'm gonna do it tbh ;(

The music definitely helps with MRIs though! I had a major meltdown last time I got one on my brain. I ended up in tears and they had to get me out of there. I felt so bad for them because I was holding them up and causing so many issues. Focusing on the music definitely helped get me through it once they convinced me to go back in :)

Our health service is heading that way. It's pretty much dying rn.

I'm not sure if I've had a CT scan tbh, they always shove me in the tunnel of doom. That sounds horrible, I hope you don't need another one any time soon :)

Ahhhh OK I understand now. Sorry. Hopefully if you need an appointment they will accommodate you in the best possible way.

The way I remember it is an MRI is very loud and a CT has a smaller tunnel. I've had both and hate both!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Not for this particular problem unfortunately :/

You're kidding? Ash, each time I talk to you I find something more in common. In my L5 (it's been a while.. 17 years+ so mind my lack of detail) vertebra I have a nerve that pinches when I slouch. I started with it being hard and painful breathe on my left side but after ignoring it the entire left side of my body started just... not functioning.

I've now learned to fix my posture over the years but every once in a while I'll clip that nerve wrong and it's like my left side goes into spasms.

Anyway I've been fortunate enough to stay out of the ER for... real emergencies, baring some broken bones and karate injuries. But I'll tell you right now this vaccine is kicking my b u t t.

Years
  • Our health service is heading that way. It's pretty much dying rn.

It's beyond saving in my province, they neglected my step father's heart condition and he died as a result.

You may have! It's like a donut and they slide you through.

Years
  • You're kidding? Ash, each time I talk to you I find something more in common. In my L5 (it's been a while.. 17 years+ so mind my lack of detail) vertebra I have a nerve that pinches when I slouch. I started with it being hard and painful breathe on my left side but after ignoring it the entire left side of my body started just... not functioning.

I've now learned to fix my posture over the years but every once in a while I'll clip that nerve wrong and it's like my left side goes into spasms.

Anyway I've been fortunate enough to stay out of the ER for... real emergencies, baring some broken bones and karate injuries. But I'll tell you right now this vaccine is kicking my b u t t.

That sucks Fairy. I feel your pain 🙁

Are you absolutely 100% sure we're not related? :)

Years
  • I hate the ER but my stomach problems place me there more often than not.
    And the gastroenterologist has a long wait.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My mom was kind a hoe ngl. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ASJDHAHS WHy did I laugh so much at this

I hate the ER but my stomach problems place me there more often than not.
    And the gastroenterologist has a long wait.
    It's the same here, I hate the ER but the waits and sometimes cost for other places is INSANE, so like... ER it is. :/

This is a scary topic for me. I need to go to the dentist, I have a lot of pain rn. -------
    I scrolled back through the thread just to find this, and good christ, please be careful. I hope something lets up so you can go do what you need to do... I feel for you being in a situation like that. p___p

Years
  • Yikes. Hope everyone's ok!! The dentist yesterday was fine. Said my teeth are healthy so bonus!

And I just want to spend the day admiring my insects.....but alas I've got work. Which is fine but.....bugs!!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Admiring insects asdfdsf

Most of them kinda freak me out, but I do appreciate those fluffy months. p__p Precious.

Years
  • Admiring insects asdfdsf

Most of them kinda freak me out, but I do appreciate those fluffy months. p__p Precious.

Awww I was the same but I've really started to appreciate them more since getting my mantids. Im still terrified of spiders though 😫

Years
  • as a kid, i used to admire spiders. i read a lot of books about them (and i mean a lot). i was less afraid of them and more curious about them, if anything.

shame how as i've gotten older, that part of me has faded away. nowadays, although i appreciate the role that spiders have in our environment, i'd still rather stay away from them lmao

Years
  • Fluffy moths keep me going.

Spiders are the only creepy crawlie things I don't kill, because they trap flies and stuff. We get woodbugs every summer and they're too big so I have to kill them as I see them. They're ugly as hell.

Years
  • Ugh woodbugs are bleh! I know where you're coming from.

Yeh I wish I wasn't scared of spiders. Its definitely a fear over just not liking them. Though I never kill them. I scoop them up in a cup and place them outside if they come in. Still spooks me though. God forbid I see an Australian spider. I'd nope the fudge out of there 😂.

Years
  • I am ridiculously terrified of spiders! 😱

My partner also is, but makes me deal with them, even though I'm just as scared as she is 😑

I once held a tarantula (does Chilean Rose sound right to you spider buffs?) when I was a kid though, being really brave (or stupid). Another kid from the group started coughing on it as it was in my hands. The animal handler firmly told them to stop but they kept doing it... the tarantula proceeded to take off at speed up my arm. I panicked, and ended up dropping the poor thing. The handler couldn't pick it up because it had fangs out or whatever it was they said. Everyone had to leave.

There was actually a little spider in a box from America that was delivered today. I'm assuming the spider made it into the box here in the UK, but I couldn't take the chance that it was a foreign species so I had to do the deed :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am ridiculously terrified of spiders! 😱

My partner also is, but makes me deal with them, even though I'm just as scared as she is 😑

I once held a tarantula (does Chilean Rose sound right to you spider buffs?) when I was a kid though, being really brave (or stupid). Another kid from the group started coughing on it as it was in my hands. The animal handler firmly told them to stop but they kept doing it... the tarantula proceeded to take off at speed up my arm. I panicked, and ended up dropping the poor thing. The handler couldn't pick it up because it had fangs out or whatever it was they said. Everyone had to leave.

There was actually a little spider in a box from America that was delivered today. I'm assuming the spider made it into the box here in the UK, but I couldn't take the chance that it was a foreign species so I had to do the deed :(

Yup Chilean Rose is a fairly common species. Its annoying when people act like that. Hope you and the spider were OK. Tarantulas can deliver a pretty nasty bite but most are really chilled. I actually quite like tarantulas because they don't tend to move fast and they have Diddy eyes. And I dont mind jumping spiders. The ones that really freak me out are house, wolf, huntsman and ogre spiders. *shudders*. And that's fair!! If it was an American species its always best to stop it in its tracks before it becomes invasive so kudos to you there.

Back