• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Kids are okay. Unless they are the type that think they deserve everything. Those are the kind I wanna slap.

Years
    I couldn't be a teacher because I don't have an authoritative figure at all. The kids would win.

Oh gosh neither do I! I hate shouting so...

i can't be a teacher because i don't like kids =P

Nether do I 😂. Do you have to to be a teacher?? (Haha ok the ones at work are fine)

I wouldn't have minded being a University lecturer, but I doubt I could handle the pressures of the job haha.

Gosh I bet that would be hard but super rewarding

I like kids. Not sure if they like me, I'm kinda corny, but I have a spot for the most vulnerable of our society, children, the elderly, sick, disabled and pets. I also tend to be calm and patient with those who need help or have questions they would like explanations to.

You would make an amazing teacher!

Gosh its hot here today. Hope it cools down soon *sleeps in the freezer*

Years
    I don't like kids much either, but I still show them the respect they deserve and treat them kindly, they're just kids. I just have very low energy.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Seems like the German elections have taken a liking to the US election system. Lots of red scare, lots of empty promises and the likes. I mean empty promises are a given in any election but this time they don't even try telling us how they want to implement things. But hey, at least we know that the party that isn't currently ruling but is probably going to rule the next four years is going to destroy the country with communism!

But I guess you need to go that low when your only asset (Angela Merkel) isn't going to do politics, anymore. Also, that party is very questionable, has been for years and they could really need a break. Preferably in the opposition. Meanwhile someone has to do all the work that has been lying around for many years.

Meanwhile our Nazi party and racism is gaining more and more ground. But let's just ignore them. The left is way worse!!!!!!!

Years
    I thought nazism was illegal in Germany? Unless they're just penning themselves as regular right wing folks.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Seems like the German elections have taken a liking to the US election system. Lots of red scare, lots of empty promises and the likes. I mean empty promises are a given in any election but this time they don't even try telling us how they want to implement things. But hey, at least we know that the party that isn't currently ruling but is probably going to rule the next four years is going to destroy the country with communism!

But I guess you need to go that low when your only asset (Angela Merkel) isn't going to do politics, anymore. Also, that party is very questionable, has been for years and they could really need a break. Preferably in the opposition. Meanwhile someone has to do all the work that has been lying around for many years.

Meanwhile our Nazi party and racism is gaining more and more ground. But let's just ignore them. The left is way worse!!!!!!!

Well, to be fair, the AfD is trending down from the last election, polls show it doing a couple of points worse... so it'ds hard to argue that they're gaining ground. Not to mention that if they continue their drift naziwards, the Constitutional Court might very well ban them.

Also I laughed a lot today when the CDU said that Olaf Scholz would destroy the EU if he wins. Like, legit lol.

that reminds me to run for Prime Minister in the Netherlands

this cannot go wrong

I thought they had decided to have a go at Belgium's record of "longest time with no government".

I stand to make like 70€ betting on the next Dutch gov coalition and I literally have no idea which parties to put my money on.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I thought nazism was illegal in Germany? Unless they're just penning themselves as regular right wing folks.
    It is illegal. And "fascism hiding behind right wing rethoric" is probably more fitting than that. That is not to say that we don't actually have parties comprised of neonazis. There is one party who somehow managed to get past all the prerequisites of participating who put up those posters that said "hang all the green party people". And knowing how these people think, you as well replace "green party" with "jews".

It's actually quite sad: the green party had a big chance at getting the office this year. But then all the lobbying groups, right wing advocats and the rainbow press did a bunch of work to frame them as the big oppressors who only want to forbid everything and get rid of freedom and whatnot. <_<

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    I thought they had decided to have a go at Belgium's record of "longest time with no government".

I stand to make like 70€ betting on the next Dutch gov coalition and I literally have no idea which parties to put my money on.

This is exactly why I need to run for PM, this is taking way too long. Tbh this was bound to happen when somehow someway after all this fiesta the VVD of Rutte still came out on top

Years
    It is illegal. And "fascism hiding behind right wing rethoric" is probably more fitting than that. That is not to say that we don't actually have parties comprised of neonazis. There is one party who somehow managed to get past all the prerequisites of participating who put up those posters that said "hang all the green party people". And knowing how these people think, you as well replace "green party" with "jews".

It's actually quite sad: the green party had a big chance at getting the office this year. But then all the lobbying groups, right wing advocats and the rainbow press did a bunch of work to frame them as the big oppressors who only want to forbid everything and get rid of freedom and whatnot. <_<

Yeah. Unfortunately, as much as you know they're neo-nazi's, you'd need hard evidence which would be difficult.
    I have a suspicion that the conservatives will win here, they've already won in this province. Just what we need, more health and social cuts.

pkmin3033

Ah yes, the Conservatives. Robbing from the poor to give to the rich.

Years
    Healthcare here is already a joke! Especially mental health, they don't even treat you, they just refer you to outside lessons. Children's care is way better, which I don't mind, children need it, but when they become adults they will no longer have the care they need.

My step father was in hospital for a month and was never bathed. Homecare had to bathe him when he got home & I cut his nails. It's not the hospital's fault, I know, it's the government thinking adults don't need adequate care.

pkmin3033

Healthcare in this country is a mixed bag. Without the NHS I wouldn't be able to afford the prescription I need to live because the cost of my medication is terrifyingly astronomical from private suppliers (it'd cost me about £300 a month, whilst on the NHS I pay £10.59 per month) but I wouldn't even consider seeing an NHS dentist or mental health services again. The NHS dentist wanted to send me to hospital for a tooth extraction, and I suffered for 4 years with a misdiagnosis when I was seeing mental health services...something that still affects me now, honestly. To the point that I can't even talk to my GP about my mental health for fear he'll want to send me back there and I won't be able to do anything to prevent it. I find it amusing that despite the general pride in the NHS a lot of people here still use private healthcare.

This country's idea for social care now is to excessively tax the people who can least afford to pay. Which is super.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    America's health care is a joke and I don't see us fixing it any time soon. Pay out the ass just to get the simplest things done.

Years
    Here, healthcare is administered by the provinces, as is education. As such, the care and education you receive in one province will differ from others.
    I got this first hand when I moved to Ontario. Being a maritimer, they all thought I was less intelligent and treated me like I didn't understand anything. I was constantly signaled out and it was frustrating. That changed in college though, as I'd been a citizen from the start.

Moving back to NS, I'm actually wondering if my Ontario college degrees will translate.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i just had to pay veterinary bills for rather simple investigations, and the steep sum of it made me really appreciate basically having to pay nothing for human health care

Years
    I think the government should cover dental too.
    The teeth are important, and overly infected teeth can lead to blood poisoning. Happened to a friend of mine 10ish years back.

Back