• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Journey of Betrayal(revived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IXShadowBladeXI

Pok?mon Trainer
Years
  • Sitting down on the ground, Brad hugs his legs to his chest, waiting for either the battle to begin or the lunch to be ready. Turning to Espy, he speaks gently. "Smells good, doesn't it?" he questions her, speaking of the chicken stew, while stroking her head softly.

"Espeon!" Espy shouts, obviously answering Brad's question with a yes. As Brad strokes her head, she begins to purr softly, enjoying the attention.

"Does anyone know where we are headed next?" Brad questions everyone, speaking mainly to Trista. "It's not that I don't enjoy this peaceful place, I am just curious."

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • "I'm not really sure." Replied Trista adding a few spices to the stew. "I guess we could head for the next town. Maybe they'll be some strong trainers we can battle there." She tasted the stew and smiled. "Ok it's ready." She pulled out some bowls and dished some stew into each of them. "Enjoy. Oh and I almost forgot," She reached into her bag and pulled out some Pokemon food. "I think we shoudl feed our Pokemon too. They're probably hungry." She set out the food for her Pokemon then picked up her spoon and started eating.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Standing, Houndoom's whip-like tail swings to and fro as it approaches Rey's dark red backpack. Placing its nose beneath the top flap, the canine's jaws gently take ahold of a paper bag. Removing the paper bag from the backpack, Houndoom then returns to Rey, giving a low whine. One of Rey's gold eyes slits open. Opening both eyes, the trainer again raises himself into a sit. "Bring it over here."

The dark Pokemon carries the bag to Rey, depositing it in his lap. Rey carefully unties the string bound about the bag's top before removing a plastic sheet from the bag's side. Laying the sheet on the ground, he pours a small hill of food for his Pokemon.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • ''oooooh yeah....now THAT.... is goooood food!'' baker said in a very satisfied tone, he began shovelling down food as quickly as he could, the others stared at him......''what?' James said defensively ''Im really hungry''
    He looked over to see all hi p[okemon rushing over to him as quick as lighning, They jumped on top of Baker and started jumping on him ''HAHAHA OK ok...ok get off me ill get you some food ok'' he looked behind him and picked up some tins of food which he poured into 3 bowls and fed his pokemon, he noticed that Bulbasaur was not eating ''whats the matter Bulbasaur?'' ''You not hungry?'' Bulbasaur looked at james, then looked at houndoom, then back at james and smiled ''baker knew exactly what he wanted.
    ''Ok Rey, are you ready for our battle! its been a longt time since weve battled and i think were at 2 a piece arent we?, so for this battle im going to use Bulbasaur, OK?''

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • "Bulbasaur?" Rey paused, as though considering the choice of Pokemon. Finally, he nodded. "Alright. I trust your judgment," the trainer replied, standing and brushing dust from himself. Moving his amber gaze to Houndoom, he questioned, "Ready, partner?"

Houndoom gulped the last of its food before nodding decisively. Receiving confirmation, Rey turned toward Baker. "We're ready. One on one, anything goes?"

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • ''no problem with me'' baker exclaimed, ''I guess your quite shocked im putting Bulbasaur up against Houdoom, but I think your in for a suprise!''

At that baker walked over to the oppoesite of where Rey was standing, Bulbasaur ran over and stepped in front of Baker
    ''ok Rey...lets get started!''

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • "Let's." Rey dropped into a fighting stance as Houndoom lowered itself into a crouch. I know Baker wouldn't choose Bulbasaur unless he had something planned--he's too experienced to make a basic mistake of element types. The male's eyes carefully studied his opponent. Then, a faint smile crossed his features as he assumed a more casual posture. Though his voice and manner were calm, a slight challenge could be detected in Rey's gaze as he spoke. "Well, I've no doubts regarding your skills. Let's see what your Bulbasaur can do."

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Baker eyed up Rey carefully
    ''man I hate that stance'' he thought to himself ''he always loos so deep in thought and makes me think wether or not he has a good plan yet!''

''Ok Rey!''
    Baker shouted confidently and dramatically, i suppose we had better get started, ill even let you make the first move''

now lets see how much this houndoom has improved

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Rey's eyes glinted as he silently viewed his opponents. Finally, he spoke, saying slowly, "Very well . . . if you insist." The male's gaze briefly turned toward his Pokemon. I hope he remembers our training . . .

Raising one hand, Rey snapped his finger's once. Suddenly, a blast of fire poured from Houndoom's mouth--a Flamethrower directed at Bulbasaur.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • baker had to do some serious guess work in the space of about 1 second

Rey has taught Houndoom to respond uopn command by clicking and things like that, i knew he would use some training method like that, still its a very good one

''Bulbasaur use agility!''
    Bulbasaur sped out of the way of the flamethrower and continued to run all over the place but getting closer to houndoom
    Baker looked at the shock on Reys face, knowing he must be suprised that a Bulbasaur could use agility.

''now bulbasaur, lets show houdoom our super tackle attack!''
    Bulbasaur gained speed and went flying towads houndoom with a humungous tackle attack, one of bulbasaurs specialties.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • The light of Rey's eyes faintly flickered as Bulbasaur used Agility. However, though his eyes slightly widened, long practice allowed him to retain his calm composure. As Bulbasaur threw itself at Houndoom, satisfaction flashed through Rey's eyes. "Now!"

Houndoom leaped upward, avoiding Bulbasaur's attack by a few inches only. Due to its low jump, the canine came down swiftly--swiftly and with open jaws sparking dark energy in a Crunch attack.

IXShadowBladeXI

Pok?mon Trainer
    Years
  • Brad sits, watching the battle while filling his mouth with delicious spoonfulls of chicken stew. Espeon was sitting at his side, eating out of a small bowl which had been filled with Pokeblocks for her. "This is really good, Trista," Brad says to her, complimenting her cooking as he continues eating. The battle was really starting to heat up, making him almost wish he had joined in. There was one thing that made him wonder, though. Why had Baker chosen Bulbasaur against Houndoom? Houndoom clearly had the type advantage. Maybe Brad would find out soon.

Last edited:

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Baker could see that bulbasaur was in pain, the crunch attack had plainly marked its spot on bulbasaurs bulb, and was grimising.

'ok bulbasaur, your ok, just pull it together, you know you can do it!''
    with baker's words of confidence bulbasaur leapt to its feat and looked determingly at houndoom, it refussed to show any signs of weakness.

good, now lets draw that houndoom in

''Bulbasaur, close your eyes and consentrate''

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Rey's eyes slightly narrowed as Houndoom sprang back and away from Bulbasaur. The Agility attack was unexpected . . . I should be careful. I don't know what else Baker may have planned. As Houndoom glanced questioningly toward its trainer, Rey made a slight motion with his hand. The canine Pokemon immediately returned to its customary crouch as it observed the Bulbasaur. Flames began to surround its mouth as its crimson eyes shimmered faintly in the bright sunlight.

Last edited:

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Yes! i knew he would counter with a flamethrower!

The time had come to start phase 1 of his strategy
    ''Bulbasaur, now that things have been heated up with them flames, lerts show Rey how using fire against you is a bad idea! use solarbeam!''

as bulbasaur was right next to the flames that were about to eject from houndooms mouth, bulbasaur absorbed the heat of the flames and of the now blazing sun into his bulb, it began to glow a beautiful mixture of yellow green and red, suddenly a humungous beam of energy shot out of it's bulb at the speed of light, it collided with the flamethrower, houndoom and bulbasaur were forced back from the collision, but which attack would be more superior?

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • [OOC: Err . . . in my previous post, I mentioned that Houndoom leaped away from Bulbasaur . . . :: shrug :: I will assume they are near enough for Houndoom's flames to retain the energizing effect. And, under that assumption . . . ]

"Heh." A dangerous smile passed across Rey's features as Houndoom's flames suddenly vanished. "Do it." A sudden light engulfed Houndoom as it began to draw energy away from Bulbasaur. Though it remained ready to spring away, it continued to absorb energy from both Bulbasaur and the surrounding light. *As Bulbasaur fired its Solar Beam, Houndoom's jaws opened releasing its own attack . . . Solar Beam.

[OOC: * - The part of my post indicated your Bulbasaur's action was written in reflection to your preceding post.]

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years

• sorry mate, i dont get what you mean by that!
    im a twit, ill just carry on shall I?

Baker looked impressed, he knew he would have to expect alot from Rey and he had delivered, the two solarbeams colided with the most powerful of explosions, the plates and food from the picnic went everywhere and everyone was slighly blown aside....everyone that is apart from bulbasaur and houndoom!
    as the dust and fog slowly cleared from sight, Bulbasau was standing behind houndoom, fortunately houndoom had not noticed, baker nodded and bulbasaur shot a leech seed from the top of its bulb, it flew threw the air and hit its mark straight on Houndooms head, vines strapped themselve around and began to sap all the energy from it!

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Houndoom snarled furiously as vines began to engulf it. Barking angrily, it began to attempt to shake the encompassing plant from its body. The Pokemon swiftly backed away from Bulbasaur, shaking its head.

"Houndoom!" Rey's voice rang out commandingly.

The dark Pokemon immediately froze. Rey again snapped his fingers. Turning its head, Houndoom released a small flame onto a vine, setting it alight. Though the leech seed swiftly burned, Houndoom itself also received minor burns.

As Houndoom turned to view its opponent, Rey's glance passed over Baker. Houndoom has lost some energy, so I'll have to be careful. But, with Bulbasaur's most recent attack, it seems I've gained something as well . . . Rey's eyes focused on Bulbasaur, viewing the plant Pokemon carefully. I know all four of Bulbasaur's attacks. Only three of mine are known. I'll need to use this advantage carefully.

Standing silently, Houndoom awaited its opponent's next movement.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Ok, bulbasurs leech seed managed to drain some energy from hohndoom, making it weaker and bulbasaur stronger, plus it lost more energy and burned itself by burning the vines with its flame, so in that term wer'e dfenitely in the lead, but i havent see all of its attacks yet, i'll have to watch out...

I guess my best course of action is to keep it on the move and let the burn work more quickly

''Ok bulbasaur'' Baker shouted in a confident voice ''use another lecch seed''

''Bulba Bulbasaur'', the pokemon's bulb tightened up and a green seed popped out of the hole at the top, it flew across the field towards houndoom, but Baker didn't have time to see if it had hit
    ''Bulbasaur, now use agility, keep that thing on the run!''
    Bulbasur obeyed.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • "Come on Rey and Baker! I don't know who to rute for. So I'll just rute for both of them." Trista grinned. She leaned back on her hands and smiled wating to see who would come out on top.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back