• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Accessories

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years

• Let's talk accessories.

What accessories do you wear on a daily basis (eg. sunglasses, watch, jewellery)? Are you the type of person to overload on the accessories or do you prefer a more minimalist look (one, maybe two or none)? What would you say are some quintessential accessories when going out (if any)? Discuss!

As for myself, I'm a massive fan of watches. Seriously, anything to do with watches I froth over, so naturally I wear one everyday. On the same wrist I also wear a stainless steel bracelet with a repeating cross on it, and a beaded wristband. I also wear a gold necklace with a emerald-encrusted cross on it every day; even the in the shower. I also wear sunglasses - but only if I need them. What about you?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not a big accessory person, but I do have this one hat I like, though I haven't worn it in a while.

I don't actually own a pair of aviators btw.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I love accessories, but as I don't usually go out very often, I don't get a chance to wear them very much.

There are two accessories I wear constantly.

The first is my watch because I like being a master of time, not so much the way it looks. (In fact, I don't like the way watches look very much.) Keeping track of time is very important. Otherwise, it'll slip right through your fingers and next thing you know, it'll be three years later. By the way, I prefer digital watches. Practical, and I can't read analog ones because I have a learning disability.

Also, my earrings. I was given these as a baby and pretty much have worn them ever since. I change them very rarely for other earrings. Don't really bother taking them off because they feel more like a part of my body than an accessory, and I feel weird without them. They're also made of a lot more gold than most of the accessories I own and are very simplistic and never get in the way. (Being small hoops.) I almost made this post without mentioning them because I just forget that they're there constantly. I sleep and bathe with them.

Other accessories I like are flower clips in my hair, and head bands because they keep my hair in control, and look good on it. Head bands are a more recent thing, but I think they are the perfect hair accessory. Also, necklaces! Wow, I LOVE necklaces. They're probably my favorite accessories. Anything that has a big shiny red jewel makes me go crazy. And hats! Hats are good for hiding my disastrous hair as well. But I don't own very many.

Lastly, scarves. I kind of collect them and think they are absolutely gorgeous. The problem with wearing them though is that I live in a very hot climate, so I don't usually actually put on my scarves unless they're made of very thin material. (A few of mine are, but some aren't.)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I like them, I feel as if accessories customize a person. I only really ever wear a watch, but I'd love to rock prescription sunglasses someday. I want to get a Fossil watch soon, they're gorgeous they are.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • The only thing I wear for accesories are my animal hats and the necklace around my neck, which I never take off. Other than that, I don't really take much pride in overdoing it. I also very seldom where fingerless gloves IF I can find the pairs I have of them (I have a few pairs from the Nightmare Before Christmas that I really like).

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well I always have my second hole earrings in. I sleep with them so they come with the package lol. Besides that I either have on my other earrings, rings, bracelet, sunglasses, and/or hat. For example today I have on a beanie, two rings, two sets of earrings, and sunglasses.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • The only accessory I wear on a daily basis is my watch. I tend to wear it on my right arm since it would interfere when I am writing if I wore it on my left arm. As for what kind of watch it is, it is a digital watch since I prefer digital more than analog.

Course then are the accessories I wear when it cold out. If it is between 40 and 32 degrees Fahrenheit, my accessories are a hat and gloves. If is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, I also wear a scarf.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I don't usually wear any accessories (not gonna count my glasses because they're prescription) but when I do it's always necklace and bracelets. I have my ears pierced but I only wear earrings on special occasions. I would wear rings, but they never sell my size in stores so I'm out of luck unless I stumble across a very small size :/

Years
  • Accessories? What are those? :B

I work foodservice. I'm not allowed to wear any jewelry or watches -- it's all a safety hazard if it gets into food. I'm not complaining, though. Even when I was in school, I didn't accessorize.

Despite having prescription glasses, I do sometimes wear cheapass sunglasses. (My eyes aren't that bad.) Oh, I guess I wear scarfs in the winter at times. But for practical reasons. As you can tell, I am not very fashion oriented. D:

pkmin3033

I have a watch I always wear, but that's about it. I've never really been an accessory-type person. I have a ring, but it kept falling off my finger, and a couple of necklaces, which I wear every now and then. I'm not against them, but the ones I'd want are quite expensive (I really want a Key of Clow necklace, or a custom-made Cure Module) and I have other things to spend my money on...they've never really been priorities.

...oh, I also wear glasses, but I don't really consider them accessories, as I kinda need them to see, and I hate screwing around with my eyes, so contacts aren't an option...much as I'd like to feign having heterochromia sometimes, just to see if anyone picked up on it. xD

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • I wear a necklace that my partner bought me, along with 4/5 bracelets on my right wrist. I was never big on accessories but they're growing on me.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I don't wear much accessories.

Maybe a necklace once in a while, but the closest thing would be my headphones since I listen to music a lot and I usually have it around my neck.
    I don't usually wear sunglasses or anything because I already wear glasses on a regular basis and i'm not too fond of wearing jewelry unless it's like a special occasion or what not.

Apart from that, not really.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I usually wear accsessories I've bought from Tilly's. My favorite is my Last Kings hat, but I also love wearing my Boulevard hat that has this snakeskin design on the bill. I also have a DGK hat with a golden leaf on the front. I also like to wear the Geneva watch I bought from there. As for items I haven't bought from Tilly's, I also wear my red August Burns Red bracelet, and a couple beanies I got from American Eagle.

And here's my favorite thing of all to wear: My Pikachu lanyard :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I have a pair of aviators that I can't wear anymore because I ran out of contacts and I don't have money for that shit. I almost always have on my class ring since there's a visible tan line from where it's sat day in and day out pretty much since my freshman year only coming off for eating messy things, playing an instrument, cleaning the ring or cleaning the house. I used to wear pokemon and yu gi oh necklaces that I've had for god knows how long, but that's no longer fashionable. I have thought about buying a purse before though, not one of those dainty ones that some single woman in her 20's wears out to get some drinks with the girls, but like a full on grandma purse with like 18 different pockets and infinite space.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I used to like wearing dog tags when I was younger. Now I just like to wear rubber bracelets with band logos or anime stuff.

Years
  • When I was younger I wore necklaces a lot, some I still own but I never wear them. These days I don't really accessorise at all, I'm not a very fashion-oriented person. The only accessory I really wear is a silver bracelet my "grandmother" gave me for my birthday. I don't wear it often but I do love it.

I also have a collection of strange animal-shaped hats but they don't count

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I tend to carry a pocketwatch but it's not something I have for fashion's sake, I just prefer them over wristwatches.
    Also got sunglasses for driving: aviators I keep in the car. Again, more of a practical than fashionable choice, since they're designed to cover the eyes from the most angles of anything short of goggles.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I have a shark tooth necklace I got in Utah while visiting a friend that I always wear.
    I'm thinking about getting my ear pierced and one of my friends offered to take me and pay for it for me. Thinking about taking her up on that offer, honestly.

Back