• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Akame Ga Kill

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Episode 9 really, really minor spoiler
    Spoiler:

I guess most people here only watch the anime, so I will try to make this not sound spoiler-ish.

From now on the cool stuff starts. The real story, the past episode were more for a warm-up. But now the real stuff happens and we get longer arcs and no Monster of the Week, like in the previous episodes. So be prepared for awesomeness.

Spoiler:

Although that probably won't be until season 2 or 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Be prepared for a castration too.

No way that part would be put it. There are like only 13 episode and we just got the Jaeger.

Spoiler:

And if we even get a season 2, all depends on the manga sales.

Akiba

Years
    Season 2 will probably start off with
    Spoiler:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Spoiler:

Here's to hoping that it gets that far.

I mean, the manga is awesome, but it wasn't too well known prior to the anime's release, at least not here. So I hope the anime is gaining it enough of a fanbase that it can keep going. It really deserves to, in my opinion.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    Spoiler:

Can we take a moment to appreciate the teaser for episode 10.

Years
    I think 2nd season depends more on anime sales...

It's widely known that almost anything depends on Light Novel/Manga sales. If I remember correctly even the Attack on Titan people didn't care that much about the anime being a huge hit, it was just a little bonus. Blu-Ray sales do kinda depend, but not as much as manga sales. If the anime is a hit there is a bigger chance for people to buy the manga, the anime gives exposure to the source material. If they hardly sell the manga there wouldn't be any sense to animate a second season.

So I watched all the episodes released so far today.

Wasn't expecting this show to be as addicting as it was. The moment I saw the Night Raid members I knew I'd love each and every one of them so when
    Spoiler:
    Akame is a cute character but fairly bland so I'm glad to see that she's been showing more emotion as of late. Can only handle so many monotone anime girls throughout all the anime I've watched.

also wave and ran <3 I can't even decide if I like Night Raid or Jaegers better anymore. I WON'T BE ABLE TO WATCH THEM FIGHT

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    New episode:

Spoiler:

Akiba

Years
    New episode:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Oh no my baby can't die!

Spoiler:

Years
    Oh no my baby can't die!

Spoiler:

If you are that curious I'm gonna tell you what happens in the manga in the latests chapters. The latest chapters most likely won't be animted since there aren't that many chapters after the speculated end(which is around chapter 44-46 and the newest chapter is only 52.2, the manga has a monthly release).

I'm just gonna spoiler it.

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Oh no my baby can't die!

Spoiler:

<333 That episode was great.

Loved seeing Esdeath in action a bit! The additional background to her character was nice too.

Akiba

Years
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    I genuinely feel quite sorry for Esdeath, I know she is pure evil but she is torn between her love of killing and conquering and her love for Tatsumi, I wonder if they will follow the manga chapter by chapter or if at some point we see it route off into an original series?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I like Esdeath. She has a lot of plot importance. Iykwim. ;p

But yeah, her scenes with Tatsumi are a joy to watch. And more of her backstory = good stuff.

Honestly? This series has probably been the most enjoyable series last season for me. Apart from Barakamon. Which surprises me since there were so many other shows I thought were better than this when they started off. But this one's been just wacky and entertaining throughout and I like that.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Honestly? This series has probably been the most enjoyable series last season for me. Apart from Barakamon. Which surprises me since there were so many other shows I thought were better than this when they started off. But this one's been just wacky and entertaining throughout and I like that.

It's definitely my favourite of the season :) Pretty cool battles so far but a nice lighthearted side too. And none of the characters grate on me yet haha.

New episode! Spoilers ahoy!

Spoiler:

Back