• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All too brief or just right?

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    I'm guessing a lot of us were among the thousands of us who watched Nintendo Direct just now and wanted to know - do you think they showed us way too little of Pokemon S/M? (terrible naming when it comes to shortening them down, I must say) or would you rather as little information as possible when the games come out? I wish they'd shown us just a tiny bit more than that one snapshot let us see, but that's just my opinion.

pkmin3033

They didn't show us ANYTHING of Sun and Moon. A small trailer, similar to what X and Y had, would have been nice. It's very difficult to get excited for something when you know absolutely nothing about it.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Oooh, I do wish they showed us just a bit more! At least starters or a full shot of ONE new Pokemon. However, this just means they have even more to show off until the release, and THAT's what really makes me excited, waking up each day for a little more new content!

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I did want to see more than just the titles but tbh, I'm just happy we're finally getting a new game. It's been too long.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I think not showing us anything was pretty clever. Makes you really wonder what they've got planned.

I'm thinking we'll see a real preview as we get closer to the release. Maybe in the July or August?

Years
  • They could have shown us more, indeed. But one does wonder if they want to surprise us even further by not revealing anything immediately--just to only let us know that a new generation has been confirmed.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I'm actually really glad they barely showed us anything. The bits of concept art that they showed for a split-second (that thankfully heaps of people have screenshotted and saved hahaha) piques the interest and looks so grand and different, so I guess it gives you a taste of what's to come. I feel like if they put in a trailer too it would've all been too much too soon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I think one Pokemon youtuber said it best, the fact that we got very little information on Sun and Moon was punishment for us knowing the games from the leaks yesterday. So I guess the real information we've been looking for may be in March's CoroCoro.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    To be fair it might not be too long before we see something more. Whether that's a trailer or something in corocoro.

I'd honestly be super shocked if we didn't hear about it again until E3.

Years
  • I don't know why people are complaining. I didn't expect much from the first direct of these new games. They gotta build the hype and plan out what they want to reveal over the course of the year. Plus, if you pause through the trailer, there are some really cool concept art of things that will be included in the games like vehicles. So I disagree when people say nothing was shown.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think one Pokemon youtuber said it best, the fact that we got very little information on Sun and Moon was punishment for us knowing the games from the leaks yesterday. So I guess the real information we've been looking for may be in March's CoroCoro.

Aren't Nintendo (or The Pokemon Company) the ones who filed the trademark though?

Nothing was "leaked", we just noticed the trademark they filed.

In which case it's their own fault.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I'm actually a bit disappointed that there's way too little information, but on the bright side at least we can probably get new info one at a time for this new mainline series at least which is much better.

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
  • I don't think it will be too long before we hear more about the two games, so I'm not that disappointed about the lack of information. As long as we don't get the Zelda treatment, I'm fine with it so far.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I would've liked getting just a little more information. We've spent the past several months in X/Y speculating about the next Pokemon games (since we all assumed that the next one(s) would be Kalos games) with very little information so I'd like to have a little something to go off of now.

Years
  • I didn't like how there wasn't much new information about Sun & Moon, but maybe we might get a trailer or something in the near future which will reveal stuff.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I didn't like how there wasn't much new information about Sun & Moon, but maybe we might get a trailer or something in the near future which will reveal stuff.
    Yup, I'm hoping that they'll update the official site later on today. It's barely the 27th in Japan (it was midnight when they showed the Direct so it's about to be 2 am), so they have a lot of Pokémon Day left to go.

pkmin3033

I wouldn't say nothing, I mean, there's some concept art in there and some artwork as well. I think it was done on purpose though - RBYG are out tomorrow, so they don't want to overdo it.
    Well, it might as well be nothing - concept art and artwork really isn't enough to go by; for all we know the little snippets that flashed on the screen might not even be a part of the final games. I agree that it was definitely done on purpose, but I just hoped that we'd get more than a logo and the promise of a worldwide late 2016 release, considering it was a 20th Anniversary Direct. It didn't feel particularly special or climactic, and that doesn't sit right with me personally.

...but then, staggering information over a year like they did with X and Y probably would have worked out just as well as it did for those games. The secrecy is annoying, but it is understandable to a degree...but I don't have to like it. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    I'm more so confused on why they were promoting the games with the ability to play in 9 different languages instead of gameplay footage or artwork. Seriously talking about the languages you can play the game in isn't going to get me excited for the games.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Something to keep in mind is the possibility that they weren't ready to show off footage of the game, but the higher ups wanted to capitalize on the 20th anniversary to announce the games.

The more I think about it the more I think that's what happened.

Which in turn makes me think that we'll be getting Sun & Moon a little later than we got X & Y. Probably in November or December. (although I guess those months are the ones considered the "holiday season")

Back