• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Allergies...

Manitee

bury me alive
Years
  • Lots of people have them, some are normal like nuts and well some are just out of the ordinary.

What's your allergy? What does it stop you from doing?

Don't laugh, I'm allergic to strong wind and it's not nice at all especially in this season. My sister is actually allergic to the sun as we found out this summer in Turkey. We're a weird bunch.

So what's your allergy? :P

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I have an allergy to a certain type of pollen that spread around my hometown every spring. It gives me a runny nose, and I constantly get nose bleeds.

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
  • i've never had any allergies and i'm pretty happy about that, but if i had to be allergic to something of my choice it would be corn, lima beans, cilantro, and yams =P

Years
  • I get terrible hay fever (caused by allergies to pollen, hay etc) and it's isn't just a spring thing for me either I get it all year round. I also have an allergy to grass which varies in severity but is never anything major and a really minor allergy to citric acid.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Don't laugh, I'm allergic to strong wind and it's not nice at all especially in this season. My sister is actually allergic to the sun as we found out this summer in Turkey. We're a weird bunch.
    Pretty curious about those tbh. What aspects of them are you and your sister allergic to? What reactions do you experience? Do you take medication to counteract those reactions? Have you seen an allergist about that?

- I'm officially allergic to dust, pollen, mold, and mildew. I saw an allergist when I was seven and that's what I got out of it. They make me sneeze and my eyes itch and sometimes they trigger my asthma.
    - I'm pretty dang sure I've grown into a moderate cat allergy and slight dog allergy. Again, sneezing, itchy eyes, triggered asthma. Also if I'm around cats for an extended period without taking enough meds, I get headaches and fevers. My mom's allergic to dander, so there is a precedent.
    - I'm highly suspicious that I'm mildly allergic to spearmint and something in artificial "mixed berry" stuff. Never been sure what about mixed berry does that, but enough of either product makes my neck and throat itch and tighten just enough to make breathing a little hard. And apple skins- if my gums are a little raw for any reason and I eat an apple, they itch. It feels so weird.

I actually got some prescription allergy medication a few months ago and now I can be around cats for days without any problems. Seriously guys, the right allergy meds are the best. I could actually live with cats now without any effect. It's amazing.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • At the present moment I'm allergic to penicillin and (most likely; not 100% confirmed): bees. I used to be allergic to mosquitoes, so I'd puff up like a chipmunk whenever I'd get bitten by one of the buggers. As I've grown older, I've grown out of the allergy thank god. I also suffer from moderate hay fever in the Spring which can get quite annoying at times, but oh well! xD

Years
  • @Curiousnathan - and thank you for that reminder. I'm allergic to mosquitoes too. If I get a single bite I start getting what appear to be more bites all over my body, even though there is actually only one. It's infuriatingly itchy.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I'm allergic to chocolate. Being around it, I get really nauseous. Even the smell of it makes me sick. Of course, I found out about being allergic to it when I was in my late twenties, so I spent most of my life wondering why I always got sick to my stomach after eating chocolate.

I don't know for sure what it is, but there's something in Dove beauty care products that gives me a rash. One time I sprayed myself with a Dove body spray and broke out in a major rash. It happened again when a bottle of Dove shampoo broke and I got some on my hand. It makes working in the beauty care department of my store risky.

Years
  • For starters, I'm allergic to walnuts and pecans - nearly killed me as a toddler. Not a good time. I was also kind of allergic to cat and dog hair as a small child, but having both pets for a long time nixed the allergy after a few years, which was great.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I have normal seasonal allergies, but that's about it. I get all congested and sneezie when the weather changes outside.

Lately, my allergies have been kicking my butt. Thank you, awful + inconsistent weather, Florida.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Mm, Asty's just reminded me that a fair amount of perfumes/strong-scented stuff make it kinda hard for me to breathe and give me headaches. If I use cheap scented lotions or perfume or makeup, it makes my skin itchy and sometimes gives me hives. Certain laundry soaps do it too. I just forget about those because I've always associated allergies with sneezing haha.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • I guess Hay-fever counts as an allergy.
    Mainly I just get really itchy eyes, luckily the other symptoms seem to bypass me.

I might be allergic to cats too, but only a very few cats. I'm fine with most of them, but my mothers cat wreaks havoc on me.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I'm allergic to feathers, dust, pollen and dogs. They all give me itchy eyes, like my eyes get really bad to the point of being extremely swollen. My asthma isn't triggered by any of them, though.

Since most of my family are dog lovers and they have dogs that I'm always allergic too it's a giant pain in the butt for family gatherings. My Mum told me I was allergic to cats, but I'm not lmao.

My brother's like allergic to every animal and everything tbh. Like he's just a walking allergic reaction.

Ranx

Baadshah :P
    Years
  • I am allergic to dust! well it feels really bad when water keeps flowing from your nose :P

Years
  • I'm not allergic to anything (that I know of... thankfully), but I used to apparently have a nasty allergy to blueberries. Love 'em these days, so I must've grown out of it.

Back