• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime genres you dislike?

Years
  • Everyone has their own preferences in regards to what they like to watch. Anime-wise, what genres are you not into? Maybe you're not a fan of comedy/slice of life because you prefer action-focused series, or possibly any sort of horror because it's not something you can stomach? Let us know!

Years
  • Slice of Life, because I can see life just walking through the front door (and obviously I don't want to see life because I'm at home watching anime.)

Years
  • I can't think of any genre I really dislike exclusively. Even in genres I'm not hugely interested in there's often a few outliers that pike my interest.

Midi

Charming Ghost~
    Years
  • Harem, because most of the time it's almost never done well and only done for the sake of fanservice.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2020
    Slice of Life, it's fun when it's with other genre's. Completely fine with it. But by itself, I just can't do it.

Terumi-kantoku

Cat Lover Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2017
    Harem, Ecchi (There´s few exceptions) most Shoujo (The high school ones with dramatic romances) and most Mecha.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I'm not normally a fan of slice of life comedies nor harem anime, but if "I'm the main character of a harem manga but i'm gay so every day is hell" got a full series and an anime, I'd watch that.

Years
  • Horror and gore. Thrillers are fine even if they use both elements though, since usually they are an actual part of the plot and not just horror and gore for the sake of gore.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • Harem for me.

I like Ecchi as much as the next guy but the main characters for harems are usually a shota, a pervert, or someone who's completely useless at everything - making it completely unwatchable for me.

Years
  • Probably sports. I love monsters and sci-fi gore. Admit it, if Alien was a fully animated film you'd watch it time and again. I'd actually like to see more things done with anime. So far though, I tend to shy away from the 'magical girls' where a group of girls have some kind of magic and must save the world or something. That and much of shows like Bleach, One-Piece, and Naruto.

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • I'm not really a fan of Ecchi. I have a hard time getting through more than one episode unless it's exceptionally funny.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Harem is probably the one genre that has never appealed to me no matter what.

Main is always a piece of garbage butt boy that doesn't deserve any love. Ever. I ain't dealing with no butt main!

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
  • Horror and gore. Thrillers are fine even if they use both elements though, since usually they are an actual part of the plot and not just horror and gore for the sake of gore.
    Ah, you described it exactly how I wanted to. I don't enjoy anime where they add gore just because why not.

Just finished the despair arc of Danganronpa 3 and a particular scene toward the end made me consider not finishing it even though I'd been waiting for a while to finish DR just because they thought it was necessary to spray everything with blood and to draw out those scenes.

I also don't watch harems much anymore but because I hate them or anything. I just don't have the time to sit there and watch something that's generally so uninteresting. There are a couple good ones here and there but they're more of an exception than anything else.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Harems are a good way to get me to fall asleep. Honestly, I like about every other genre but them, they just all seem like they work the same way. Dense MC, one track mind girls.

Back