• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Anybody else who still hasn’t finished the game?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • I haven't, only just beat Ultra Necrozma. Though for the most part this is due to having to deal with a constantly changing rotation team haha. Anyone else her who haven't finished it yet?

Years
  • "Constantly changing rotation team" That's kind of me with a Water Monotype that I'm doing on Ultra Sun right now. Beat the first Guzma fight yesterday, and am wondering what the heck to use on my final team in the long run. And that's not helped by all the good Water-type attacks being very late (Scald) or post-game (Liquidation, Surf and Waterfall), either.

But me, I first beat the game the Tuesday after release. I know that quite a few people I know well on Azurilland have barely made any progress on it, sadly.

Last edited:

Vragon

I've made good progress, but haven't picked up the game since I've been playing others. While I do think the game is good and already is impressing me more than it's predecessor, it still suffers in trying to keep me engaged in it. Something I had trouble with in Gen 7.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    I'm still in Vast Poni Canyon on my Ultra Moon, hahaha. I have been doing other playthroughs alongside of it. Also, I unwittingly replayed Pokemon Sun literally right before Ultra S/M came out, so I got burnt out at first.

Years
  • I'm on my second playthrough, having just finished the grand trial and planning on using about 15 Pokemon in a rotation team. The problem with these games is because the first 2/3 islands are pretty much the same dialogue wise, it tends to be a bit slow, especially if you've played through Alola 6 times already.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I just got it so no, I didn't finished it yet. I don't really like the UBs, so I know I won't be playing a lot after I become the Champion. Not a fan of this generation game-wise, but I like the Pokemon they introduced (minus UBs).

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • I lost the desire the continue the game due to personal life events that were taking place at the time. Not to mention that my time was spent elsewhere. Roleplay Theater

I have yet to leave the first island.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Just made it to the third island, which is farther than I made it in SM1, but I've really struggled at keeping at it, I've lost interest quickly in these versions compared to any previous, I think because I just play my DS less than I used to.

More into PC and console now I guess.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I just finished it a few days ago ;P (Got it on Christmas Eve) I'm a very slow player...And very slow in general...:8:

Years
    • Seen today
    I finished the main story and post-game story but I'm not finished playing yet. I still want to catch the legendaries and I want to rematch the elite four.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • I can't be bothered to tbh. Been having much more fun with playing Emerald and Crystal now that I've soldered new batteries in.

poop face

currently playing crystal ♡
    Years
  • No. I lost all the save game data on my 3DS cause it somehow got corrupted, so I've been playing a bunch of different games here and there to beat them again.
    And now that Crystal was just released on VC, I don't think I'ma touch any game until I am finished with it

I think I am on the third island currently.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2018
    wahhhhh. Stuck on guzma in malie city could anyone give me tips on how to beat him. This is destruction in it's human form, It's ya boy guzma! BTW so random but if my hair is mucked up it goes like guzma. The other day I ran around my science class screaming it's ya boy guzma! people were giving me weird looks...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I haven't finished it yet either.... (I'm just before Acerola's trial on the third island)

It's a combination of the game not being as fresh as I'd like and also I'm focusing more time on drawing these days so it's hard to justify playing Ultra Sun. (not to mention when I do play a game it's Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

I do kinda regret buying Ultra Sun. Looking back it was an unnecessary purchase.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I haven't finished mine, but that's really because I've been too busy playing my Switch. :x I'll get around to finish it soon. I'm almost there anyway; I'm at the Pokemon League!

Back