• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone found a shiny yet?

Years
  • Had a pretty good streak in the last 48 hours! One shiny Stonjourner (quit after one since it was enough for me), 3 shiny Noibat, and 1 shiny Swablu. Tried to hunt for Flittle but it's waaay too small for me to see without squinting so I got tired fast.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Today I was running to another location and stumbled upon a horde of 4 Phanpy and 1 Donphan and noticed one was brighter then the others.

That gave me my 6th shiny, 3rd full odds.

Had a bit of a scare though, I accidentally encountered one of its friends and had to watch it run away while I got to the run button. Thankfully it didn't run too far.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I was going to get something in Area Zero, spotted a Volcarona, caught it for the Pokédex entry and went on with my day. Checked the boxes later and it turned out to be a shiny—I wasn't looking at the screen and didn't register that it made a noise when I started the battle.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Todays been a shiny day. A bit surprised since I'm still early game but I decided to do some shiny hunting.

First I started in the East Paladean sea. I knocked out 60 Palafin, Buizel and Luvdisc. And I ate a sandwich in one of the cities that gave me Water Encounter level 1. I found a random full odds shiny Shellder.

Then I noticed there was a Buizel Outbreak so I went there and after 3 of the same sandwich(not sure if the sandwich affected anything) I found a shiny Buizel.

Not 10 mins later I just ran into a second shiny Girafarig. Which I will evolve into Farigaraf.

Now I'm a little hesitant to shiny hunt as my games software has closed unexpectedly a few times now. No clue why but I fear it happening during a shiny. It recently happened after I won some Curry Powder at the auction and now the auction doesn't have it anymore. 🙄

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Guess the shiny charm is moot.

Yesterday I went to a Bombirdier outbreak and after knocking out 40 I saw a shiny in the background. I had just checked what the shiny looked like and it was nighttime. Luckily the pink beak is pretty noticeable at night.

Then I went back to Drowzee. I found a third random shiny Gastly then Drowzee

After that I went to a Shellder outbreak and knocked out 60 and found a shiny.

Years
  • Got my charm! So far the shinies I have are: 2 Glimmet, 3 Noibat, 1 Stonjourner, 1 Dachsbun, 1 Garganacl, 1 Ursaring, 1 Indeedee, 2 Magneton, 1 Swablu, and I think that's it? Not the worst haul for someone who hasn't been shiny hunting too actively. Hopefully Scream Tail soon <3<3

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    A couple days ago I went back to the Drowzee area and found a shiny after about 25 knockouts then I went to a Flittle outbreak, got a shiny after 60 knockouts and maybe 50 shinychecks after that

Today I got a Magikarp in an outbreak and later on found a 4th shiny Gastly while hunting Falinks.

Years
  • I'm still early on in the game, but amongst a group/pack of Yungoos I noticed one was a bit off colored. Ran into it and sure enough: it was a shiny.
    Not even a single badge to my name and I already have a shiny. Not a particularly exciting one, but I'll obviously keep it anyway.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • While I was cruising around on Miraidon searching for loose items, possible TMs that I missed, and EV training Dondozo, I came across a shiny wild Yungoos. At first, I wasn't sure if it was shiny, but I did notice that one of them had what looked to be a difference in color. I assumed it could have been the lighting, as some Pokémon in this game can look like they're a different color in certain circumstances. However, I wanted to get closer just to be sure that it was shiny and lo and behold, it turned out that it was! I don't understand how this keeps on happening. I have never had this much luck with shinies, ever. I don't know if Pokémon Scarlet and Violet made it easier to find shiny Pokémon or what, but this my second shiny Pokémon in just two weeks without even trying to shiny hunt or owning a Shiny Charm. It's not that I'm complaining though! I got this event on video as well.

https://i.imgur.com/DNarM6l.mp4

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Shiny update: I started hunting for shiny Falinks in the ruin area. Just using level 2 encounter sandwiches and knocking out 60 of the target.

Found a shiny Gastly full odds
    A shiny Mankey with 60 knockouts and
    A shiny Falinks

Also found a shiny Gyarados in an outbreak and today a shiny Klefki after making a steel encounter level 2 sandwich. The tower one so glad it was worth it since it uses a lot of ingredients.

I'm starting to think outbreaks in water have a higher shinyrate then any other method.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I really miss Cute Charm not being able to give you a better chance to get choice gender. I started making shiny sandwiches over the weekend and got four shiny Water-type Pokemon, but neither of the two Vaporeon were female. I've been wanting a shiny female Vaporeon forever. I still have a save game on X/Y with a Shiny Charm, just trying to hatch one lol

I got Veluza, Chewtle, and Vaporeon from two shiny Water sandwiches and it was during a Vaporeon outbreak.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • i've got a little collection going, with over half of them being full odds shinies! im not even really hunting, havent even beat the game, just wandering and clearing outbreaks while working on the dex a little. today i was making my way to a flittle outbreak and turned a corner right into a shiny swablu!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I think for me shiny hunting without shiny charm has never been easier. I just went to a magnemite outbreak, knocked out 60 and used a level 1 steel encounter sandwich.

In about 40 spawns i got the shiny.

In Friend Safari the shinyrate is half that but usually takes 600+(plus yo have other Pokemon you don't want). With hordes rates are 1/819 I believe and again can take that many for one shiny.

Even the act of needing to check each spawn to see the shiny is kind of fun. (Obviously only for noticable shinies)

Years
  • Not found any since my last one, but there is currently a Mareep outbreak that I absolutely. must. have. Except it's spread across three layers of cliffs so I have to keep climbing up and down them all when checking after doing the picnic reset method. Exhausting but I am determined!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I got a shiny Voltorb yesterday - "full odds" as they say, literally just panned the camera around before I quit the game and spotted it!

Found my first Mass Outbreak today, Dreepy! Remembered the picnic reset method, in 3 goes I found one! Saved…accidentally opened up picnic again when I tried to quit the menu. 45 minutes later I still haven't found another.

EDIT: With about 10 minutes to go on the day (didn't spend all that time on it, had lots of pre-Christmas stuff to do) I got my shiny Dreepy! Adamant nature too, so I may break my "events and current gen-only" rule on my teams!

Last edited:
    Back