• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are any of your real life friends into the series?

Years
    Some of our friends moved on from the series after a certain point, while others are still quite into it. In certain cases, real life friends are actually what gets people into Pokémon to begin with!

Are any of your real life friends into the series? Do you know when they started being fans? And what part of the franchise are they into?

A good chunk of my friends are into the TCG, though a lot of them haven't touched a Pokemon game in a decade or so

[PokeCommunity.com] Are any of your real life friends into the series?
    I don't have any IRL friends.

But the only person I know IRL who likes Pokemon is my older brother, he's been liking it for as long as I have as well. He likes to make new forms for old pokemon, and he also loves competitive battling!

Kinda? I don't really have any IRL friends anymore either. I have a guy I call my 'buddy' that I occasionally hang out with, but due to reasons that are much too personal for a thread this public, I don't consider him a friend anymore. And the only other person I used to consider my friend moved away to another town, we only very rarely talk anymore, and it's always only very superficial topics. I'm honestly surprised they talk to me at all anymore, really.

My buddy likes the games... Enough? He rarely ever playes them, only tending to get a copy of whatever new main series game comes out, playing it until credits, then never mentioning it again until the next one. Otherwise that's it lol.

I don't have any IRL friends.

Well Lavy, if you ever find yourself living in my city, I'd happily be your IRL friend.

Honestly, my (few) IRL friends are probably more into Pokemon than I am. I recently visited one during a vacation and they have quite a bit of Pokemon merch. I suppose it's par for the course when most of your IRL friends are people you met through the anime convention scene.

Then there's my brother, who is probably the most hardcore Pokemon fan I know. He has a bunch of plushies, posters, and figures. practically everything from his drinking glasses to his pajamas to his calendars are official Pokemon merch. He'll also buy the games religiously, and somehow, not only tolerates, but enjoys the Pokemon anime (even has most of them on DVD).

He's dedicated to his craft, I'll grant him that.

I used to have a group of friends in elementary school and we'd all play Pokemon together, it was a great time.

Basically all of my IRL friends are people I've met through playing the TCG, so a decent amount of them are fans of the series in general and do stuff like play the mainline games or Pokemon Go. Though, some others just play the TCG and don't care for the rest of the series or just play it to have something to do with others.

None of my friends follow Pokemon as closely as I do, and they're all hopeless for steering the conversation to something that's no longer relevant to them! Heheh, sorry for laying it on thick.

A lot of my earliest friends were huge pokemon fanatics and they got me into the franchise. In middle school liking pokemon was considered uncool, but we still enjoyed it. Then suddenly by high school liking pokemon was cool.

In high school, yes. I would play the Sun/Moon battle royal game with them and trade together.

As an adult, I haven't had so much luck making or keeping friends. (I currently don't have any .-.)

Yes! My best friend and I are both obsessed with pokemon, and play it regularly! I'll never forget this one occasion, it was raining outside, and we sat and played pokemon Snap, taking turns for 8-9 hours and ordered takeout. It was phenomenal, we had the best time! Aside from her, I have a plethora of close friends who all love pokemon as well. It's truly a blessing to have so many people in my life that share my love for the franchise! <33

In my case, only one of them has played pokemon, and (ironically, since he is the reason why I'm into it now) he is less into it than I am. I occasionally see a few people who play the games, though I never fully become friends with them.

Back