• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you ashamed

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
  • Not sure what there's to be ashamed about... ><

If I know someone enough, I'll tell them that I go on a Pokémon forum. (especially if I know they won't judge me)

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
  • Not at all, I've actually been browsing on this forum during class before so. :p

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Nope, because people never ask me about it because they don't even know I'm a part of one.

If they asked I'd tell them and I probably would be embarrassed at first, but meh.

Years
  • Not really embarrassed or ashamed per se, but it's not something I'd talk to my friends or family about because I don't want to have to try to explain or justify (or however you call it) why I am spending my time in these kinds of internet forums.

Years
  • I'm in my mid-to-late twenties so I don't care. I play Pokemon on the train on my way to work in my business regalia, so I'm definitely not ashamed to be on a forum. I've been on Internet forums for a while. I even met my husband on the forum for a band.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I'd probably get looked at weirdly if I mention PC in public, but no I'm not really ashamed in being a member here. I browse this place during school, but I wouldn't talk to people at school about it, simply because nobody would know what it is.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • I've been on Pokéforums in general for ten years now. Another site, called TCoD, I've been on for ten freaking years. Nowadays, though, it's failing. I came to Pokécommunity a couple of years ago when I noticed TCoD breaking down and reaching its end. I was looking for a new home. The reason I go to pokéforums is because they have a sort of... culture to them.

I think a lot of people can relate. Many members here have been on this site for HALF OF THEIR LIVES. Hell, I've been a member at TCoD since before I met my best friend. It just... the place becomes a home.

I don't flaunt the fact that I'm on pokésites, but I do mention it if it comes up. I have no shame. I never even talk about Pokémon anymore, hell I don't even play the games.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm the king of Pokemon where I live, so it's not much of a surprise when people find out. I don't go marching about, shouting to the high heavens that I'm on a pokemon forum, but I'll say it when it's relevant to a conversation. Some people are a little creeped out by it, and even more so when I say I mod a section on one, but then I start talking about writing, and it's all good.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • No. I would be very proud to tell people that I am part of an online community where users are free to chit-chat and discuss about varying topics in a civilized manner, ranging from the possibility of the existence of powerful monsters living inside capsules to intellectual debates about life, the universe, and everything.

Though they probably wouldn't believe me if I told them it is called the PokéCommunity Forums.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Not any more than any other forum, and by that I mean not at all. Why would I be?

Boyfriend knows. Friends know. Family knows. Strangers don't matter.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Nah. I've been to way worse forums and still was not ashamed I was a part of them.

I don't tell anyone I know in real life, since they don't even bother asking so whatevs. xD

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • If someone actually cares about what games you play, you shouldn't care about their opinion.

:)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This was more a question dealing with your internal thoughts about how you spend your time than outside opinions...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hahahahah, not really.

Never have been.

I can be having a conversation with friends, and casually throw out a "So there's this Pokemon forum that I go to and they blah blah blah".

Most people that know me, also know that I spend a fair amount of time online, or playing games, so I don't think it's ever a shock to anyone.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • If it comes up it comes up, I don't go out of my way to talk about it but I don't shy away from the topic. A lot of my friends play rom hacks so they come to me for info on hack progression since I'm on here daily and they actually have lives.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm not ashamed of belonging to this forum (or any other Pokémon or videogame forums), but it's also not something that I advertise in public. I've been a member of various forums for about a decade, and though my activity waxes and wanes a lot (see my low post count and the fact that I've been a member here since 2008; my activity on other forums varies), I enjoy maintaining accounts on different forums and visiting them when I have time. Pokémon is one of my oldest hobbies, and probably my favorite, and since I don't really know anyone who plays in real life, it's nice to visit forums to find like-minded players. (I'll admit that I do feel kind of embarrassed about liking Pokémon in general, though; it's probably irrational, but I guess I was conditioned during middle school not to bring it up, and that mentality stuck. I still love playing, I just don't tend to tell other people that I play.)

I guess I would feel ashamed if I spent all of my time on forums, to the extent that "real" life started to suffer. But so long as I can find a balance, I see nothing wrong with frequenting internet Pokémon forums.

Back