• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you ashamed

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    ...that you're a member here? Be honest.

It doesn't necessarily have to deal with the community. Just that you're a member of a forum at all.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
  • Sometimes.

Since you guys are either children or weirdos.

though i guess i count as a weirdo

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Yup! I would be embarrassed to tell anyone I know in real life that I'm on a pokemon forum.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Not at all. I'm very open in real life about PC in real life if it ever comes up, and everyone close to me hears me talk about it. I'm not all about hiding things like that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Not really. I don't mind telling people I'm on a forum. Except most of my family, because you know, pedophiles and such are on the Internet. ...Do pedophiles even bother 21-year-olds? Can I tell my mom to put that worry to bed? Ah whatever.

Years
  • Nope. I've been here 10 years. You think I should be ashamed, but I'm not. It's kind of a weird accomplishment for me.

I'll freely admit I'm here when it's relevant. But that's very rare these days.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Nope. Many people irl know I used to moderate and still go on a Pokemon forum. It's a forum about something I like, why the ♥♥♥♥ should I be ashamed?

Years
  • Not at all. There are plenty of people who struggle to fit in in real life, which I feel is a thing with a lot of people on the internet (that's what I see it as, anyway). I've been at it on other forums for years, so why should I now?

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Can't say I'm open about it, but I don't mind telling friends and people close to me. Though I do feel hesitant to check PC while at school or somewhere public.

Probably because I actually used to be ashamed, maybe around a year ago. Eventually though I stopped caring about what people would think so that helped.

Besides, when I say 'PC' people usually assume I'm just talking about my computer, whether the term's out of context or not.

Years
  • Not necessarily. Nobody, neither my family nor parents actually care about what exactly it is I do on the computer so I've never had to bring it up to them. There's nothing in particular to feel embarrassed about considering this is an active community, and I take pride in being a member here (:

Years
  • Being on this forum doesn't embarrass me exactly, but liking Pokemon in general is a little embarrassing. All of my friends (well friends I use to have) and family know, but people from the outside world would think I'm a weirdo lol. Oh well. :P
    But I've been a part of forums consecutively for 11 years now and it's just a part of my life and doesn't embarrass me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Not really, to be honest. I told my older sister that I'm a mod here and she doesn't mind.

However, my post count though. Jeez, I am ttly ashamed about it lmao.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Nope. Most of my friends including my girlfriend know that I'm an avid fan of Pokemon, so I wouldn't be ashamed if they knew that I frequented a Pokemon forum here and there.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    While I'm not ashamed I'm here (because I've done worse >.>), no one really knows about this. Just even referring to PC as a "forum" to people sounds weird.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I used to hide it because I felt a little loser-y but I stopped caring so much about what people think and started telling people if it ever became relevant to a conversation.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Not ashamed, really, but I don't tell people that I go here anyway just because they will probably give me ♥♥♥♥ for it and I really don't care. My parents think Pokemon is for kids (although she is starting to change her mind after she took me to buy XY and I was the youngest person there who wanted to buy it!! There were like 10 people at least!!) and so do my friends in real life.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Nah. PC's a community that I'm part of. I don't hide that I participate and I don't care if people think it's silly to be involved in a forum based on Pokémon- I like it. I like the franchise and I like this community and my experiences here are just as legit as any other part of my life.

Back