• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you ashamed

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    No, but I am ashamed that this isn't a Pokémon forum as popular as SPPF and BMGF, as well as Ever Grand City once I heard of its existence after joining here. Unfortunately, I have a limit on how many sites I join, so I won't have to memorize various usernames and passwords I use.

Years
    I have no shame in being a PC member at all. If I have a close friend that likes Pokémon as much as me, then I'll allude to them what PC is. Other than that, I don't speak about PC in real life, although sometimes one may see me browsing it.

I will say that if I had shame in being a member here on PC, my post count wouldn't be as high as it is, nor would I have wanted to become a staff member here. :p

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    No, not of the forum. I will happily browse it on my phone during my break at work but will hide it from my co workers as they are a ♥♥♥♥♥y lot and would give me a lot of hassle for liking Pokemon. I'm a little embarrassed to admit to liking Pokemon in general, more the anime than the games to be fair. The games I'll admit to if asked. Same with the forum. The anime hides in the closet with some certain novels which I'm actually less ashamed of lol

Says a lot though about the way other people's opinions can condition you and how afraid people are of not fitting in or being thought of as weird when you would rather have someone catch you reading dirty books than watching a Pokemon movie.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    This was more a question dealing with your internal thoughts about how you spend your time than outside opinions...

Based on this no. I don't spend that much time here. I usually throw a hissy fit and leave and then come back after a random amount of time. Pretty much what I did a week or so ago. Back when I did spend a lot of time here/on the computer in general I was very ashamed deep down. Spending all your time attached to the internet is no way to live at all.

Warship

異議あり!
    Years
    nah im quite open about it tbh. thankfully my friends are mature enough to not make a big deal out of it.

Years
    There's always a thought in the back of my head that I could be doing something more productive, but on here it's just a great escape from the hustle and bustle of real life, where I can talk about anything I want to, hear other peoples opinions, and express my general interests. There aren't too many that like Pokemon where I live, so it's difficult to find anyone to talk to about it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I do kinda hide it but only from the people I know will judge me for it, but even then if I come clean about it I don't say it's a Pokemon forum, but just a forum in general.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Nope. I can't find a reason to be ashamed.
    I enjoy being on forums, PC specifically.

That's my choice and I really don't care what others think about it.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Nope. My friends and family know i'm on this forum and accept me, but why the ♥♥♥♥ should i care anyway?
    I mean, if i like it then shut your trap and let me do it. It's not like it's drugs or alcohol, so if it doesn't harm me in any way you should not care neither should i about what you have to say in this matter. I love being a member here, someone said there are children and weirdos, well, i'm not quick to judge. But even if there are children here, mostly they are good kids, that just like the same thing you do, and about the weirdos, you can count everyone here as a weirdo in their own way, since every person is special and unique. The thing is i can't believe how many people love the same thing and can gather around it in one place...that amazes me. And people are still joining our ranks every day that goes by.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Maybe just a bit, but sometimes I'm talking about this forum, even though I just call it PC or 'a certain forum', because I'm not sure what will my friends irl think if I like Pokémon.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
    I don't think anyone would ask, since no one really cares what I do on the Internet in my home. However, if someone asked, I'd be proud to announce I'm part of a Pokémon forum, because, well...it's so much more than that.

The PokéCommunity is a place where you can meet new people, make new friends, get life-changing advice, ask for help about pretty much anything, post your art and have people give critics and opinions, talk about today's most popular topics, get news about what's going on in the world, get into big arguments for no reason, and finally: talk about Pokémon. I don't think anyone out there could possibly understand how great we are as a whole, instead of just looking at the title and thinking it's for ten-year-olds.

I'm going to be a sophomore this year, but heck yea I'll announce proudly that I am a member of PC and visit daily! You're never too old for having fun in my opinion, and that's what this place is about, no? Just having fun. Nothing to be ashamed of here.

I bet if you checked your friend's Internet history, they'd be a lot more ashamed of that than you are about PC...

Years
    Nah. When I first joined here, a lot of my friends were members of various forums. So when I joined PC, I didn't mind if people knew or not. I like forums. Today, a lot of the people who were members of forums never log on them anymore, but I don't mind if people still know I log on here. I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Not at all. I came here first to seek refuge from another place, because I was getting treated badly. I've had my ups n downs here, but nothing too bad at all.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Anyone who is ashamed to be here just needs to repackage the way they present the information haha. It's not a "pokemon forum", it's a "video game enthusiast coalition", they're not your "internet friends", they're your "pen pals".

As for myself, nah, I'm not ashamed. I've told my friends and family, but I guess because I can hide behind the veil of being an online artist actually making a career for myself its a little easier for them to swallow. Being a moderator of a pretty prolific artistic community is pretty nice sounding, right? Just don't mention the part that's it's a Pokemon forum.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
    I'm not ashamed to be a part of PC. I've found some really cool people around here. Even if I really don't post much, I do enjoy browsing around the forums. I even found out one of my IRL friends was a part of PC, but got so busy with college stuff o3o.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Kinda sorta? It doesn't pop up in conversation with my friends, but my close friends know that I go on forums and things like that. If I were talking to a stranger and I want to make a good impression, than yes in that instance I am ashamed.

srinator

To be honest, yes. I can't tell people in my college I play Pokemon lol. They would t even care if I am good in studies if they come to know I play pogeymans .-. Sigh w/e, everyone at homes knows it tho :c

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Could spend my time fretting over just how many thousand bad impressions I've given, or I could just roll with it, see how it goes, and enjoy talking to anyone who likes me for who I am, what I do, where I go, and whatever else I can be liked for, heh.

Back