• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Are you buying BDSP?

squideyes

Squiddy
Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 12, 2022
    Yeah, I'm on disability and don't have much going on, so, yeah, it'll give me something to do! haha

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2022
    I must admit that I am not sure if I will pick one up. I loved Alpha Sapphire but that was clearly a gen 6 version of a gen 3 game. I missed out on Platinum first time round so if BDSP have Platinum elements/storyline that may be enough for me.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Barring good, new features, no. Owns Diamond already. Would be just as happy playing that.

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • I'm kinda on the fence with this one because of the art style. You would think that they would of used the art style they used for Sw/Sh for BDSP. And plus, not a lot of information on it as well. But, I'll wait and see.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • I'm on the fence with this one ever since the whole Sword and Shield mess. More information will likely influence my decision as to whether I'll get it or not.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'm buying Pearl on day 1 just like I did when the original version came out. My twin brother got the original Diamond version. This time, I'm not sure if I'm paying for a second version, but who knows.

Years
  • It looks really fun but it needs to show me it's doing something substantially different to get my money. It would be very cool if they build out the world by including some Platinum areas, but from the footage we've seen they're keeping original D/P tilesets. Excited for the next update!

Years
  • Personally I probably won't same as I didn't bother buy Sword and Shield. I've prefer way much ORAS art style and I don't really understand why they decided to go for the chibi route. Tho I'll probably watch some let's play of SP/BD when the games comes out.
    I can't also express how it scared me the idea of what they could come with for the remake of the 5G game who are my favorite story wise. I really hope they won't retcon any part of it to make it more "Childfriendly" 😅

Tho I still can be pleasantly surprise by the remake so I may try to give them the benefit of the doubt. If they manage to still keep Cyrus as a dangerous sociopath, it could be really fun seeing him saying crazy mad stuff in this artstyle.

Years
  • Personally I probably won't same as I didn't bother buy Sword and Shield. I've prefer way much ORAS art style and I don't really understand why they decided to go for the chibi route. Tho I'll probably watch some let's play of SP/BD when the games comes out.
    I can't also express how it scared me the idea of what they could come with for the remake of the 5G game who are my favorite story wise. I really hope they won't retcon any part of it to make it more "Childfriendly" 😅

Tho I still can be pleasantly surprise by the remake so I may try to give them the benefit of the doubt. If they manage to still keep Cyrus as a dangerous sociopath, it could be really fun seeing him saying crazy mad stuff in this artstyle.

ORAS are some of my favorite games and the world design + overall visuals are a huge part of that! I'm hoping BD/SP can flesh out their world maps to compliment their visual style choice but it's exciting to know it's coming this year so we don't have long to wait!

Years
  • The joycon drift sounds scary , it'd be the only real problem I've had with Nintendo outside of stuff that'd be my fault , $300+ games to potentially have a issue out of the box on something I'd be scared to even take the back cover off as stuff's getting more complicated now if they fix the joycon drift I'd be stretched to find out if I can transfer from X all the way to BD SP without any losses as my only game to game transfers were wired emerald to platinum platinum to white v2 white v2 to X

Years
  • I'm going to get Shining Pearl for sure, I like how it looks and hopefully we will get some information on features specific to these games soon.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yes, definitely buying them around Christmas time like I do every year a main series game comes out. I definitely can't right away, but hope I'll be able to.

Years
  • Really not sure... Those are my fav games but I kinda feel disappointed for how they are, so I am not convinced. Tbh, if I have to buy them it's because they are "remakes" of my fav games, but not for the game itself. i feel like even the old pokémon platinum can give a better experience than those remakes. I think I'll first buy sword.

Years
  • I was completely all in on Shining Pearl when the Pokemon Presents dropped and I was ready to preorder but the more time passes the more I realize that I really don't care at all about these games. I am sure I'll pick SP up at some point but probably not on release. I think the lack of any information is part of this as well, seems like the games used to get hyped up more and we would pretty steadily get details about the game but I think these might be duds. Biggest thing going for them is playing Gen 4 on a big ass TV would be pretty sweet.

Back