• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you currently in a relationship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

it was indeed hard , we had a life on skype
    but lucky for me he decided to come and live here with me
    we did not wanted to be apart any longer haha​

That's heartwarming :')

How did you two guys meet, if I may ask? It's always good to hear long distance relationship success stories. I feel like so many of them fail 8(

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    That's heartwarming :')

How did you two guys meet, if I may ask? It's always good to hear long distance relationship success stories. I feel like so many of them fail 8(

we met on a forum :)

short version: he is a web designer and im a graphic artist. he made themes and stuff for the forum we were on and i was impressed by his work. we were both on the staff team of that forum and eventually i started talking to him on skype privately , told him i like his stuff etc.
    ever since that day, we started to talk more and more and all of sudden, not expected, neither was i looking for somebody online, i started to like him A LOT haha
    and it took a while but eventually i confessed i liked him and then he basically admit it too
    and yeah ♥
    even on skype we had so much fun and we made each other smile a lot haha
    good times​

Last edited:

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    I've been married many years now with my lovely (not) wife, homework. We have an ugly relationship.

Single.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    we met on a forum :)

short version: he is a web designer and im a graphic artist. he made themes and stuff for the forum we were one and i was impressed by his work. we were both on the staff team of that forum and eventually i started talking to him on skype privately , told him i like his stuff etc.
    ever since that day, we started to talk more and more and all of sudden, not expected neither was i looking for somebody online, i started to like him A LOT haha
    and it took a while but eventually i confessed i liked him and then he basically admit it too
    and yeah ♥
    even on skype we had so much fun and we made each other smile a lot haha
    good times​
    Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm sure a lot of people in the world still don't believe that it's possible - I admit I've always been a bit skeptical towards people falling in love without having ever met, haha, but I keep hearing about successful relationships that start like this nowadays. Perhaps there's much more to lasting love than hugs and kisses. I'm so happy for you two! For how long were you talking before you met irl for the first time, if you don't mind me asking?

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm sure a lot of people in the world still don't believe that it's possible - I admit I've always been a bit skeptical towards people falling in love without having ever met, haha, but I keep hearing about successful relationships that start like this nowadays. Perhaps there's much more to lasting love than hugs and kisses. I'm so happy for you two! For how long were you talking before you met irl for the first time, if you don't mind me asking?

definitely more than just hugs and kisses
    but thats the exact reason he moved to my country, we didn't like we couldn't be together every day and do them things haha

anyways
    thank you :) thats very kind of you ♥

i think we been talking for about 5 months before we met in real life the very first time
    so thats a long time, not too long but also not short you know
    and also, i saw him on skype , eventually, almost every day
    so i knew he wasn't a catfish, like looked differently etc
    he even showed me ID stuff to proof to me the name he gave me was real haha
    you never can be too careful these days, especially online ;)​

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I wish. These days, I'm not really a relationship kind of person. There is one girl I like, but... it's not really going to happen.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Nope. I don't date sluts or girls with kids which is 95% of the females where I live. It's either A: They have kids, B: They have a boyfriend but still have guys on the side, C: They're in a relationship that's actually loyal. Sucks being in a college town. If she's 21 with a 4-5 year old that raises red flags for me. Seems getting pregnant at 16 is the norm where I live...

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I'm in no rush in looking for a relationship at the moment. If the right person comes, he'll come, and we'll see how things go. If not, I'm more than happy to stay single.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    definitely more than just hugs and kisses
    but thats the exact reason he moved to my country, we didn't like we couldn't be together every day and do them things haha

anyways
    thank you :) thats very kind of you ♥

i think we been talking for about 5 months before we met in real life the very first time
    so thats a long time, not too long but also not short you know
    and also, i saw him on skype , eventually, almost every day
    so i knew he wasn't a catfish, like looked differently etc
    he even showed me ID stuff to proof to me the name he gave me was real haha
    you never can be too careful these days, especially online ;)​

How long did he take to show you his ID, his face? :o Sorry for prying too much, I'm really really curious. I'm also wondering if he showed his personal stuff randomly or if it was a topic.

I believe consistent contact, trust, understanding and honesty are vital for a long distance relationship. Is there anything you would like to add aside from the four things I have mentioned?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I believe consistent contact, trust, understanding and honesty are vital for a long distance relationship. Is there anything you would like to add aside from the four things I have mentioned?
    Common interests to bond over when physical closeness isn't available?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Common interests to bond over when physical closeness isn't available?

As a person who've been through long distance, common interests is a must if possible 100% match.

But that might not be enough, like what if it becomes too boring? Burnout happens...

Drogan

Master of the Cannons
    Years
    This might sound strange. First off, no. I have not been in a relationship since June. The strange part is that I kinda miss being in one, even though I was only in one. Idk, it might have been because the person I was with I shared a big common interest, video games. I'm gonna stay optimistic about this, but I'm not going to rush into anything or try to force something.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Nope. Not that I have the energy to put any effort in one these days.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    How long did he take to show you his ID, his face? :o Sorry for prying too much, I'm really really curious. I'm also wondering if he showed his personal stuff randomly or if it was a topic.

i agree those things are vital, same as having interests incommon
    i don't know.... let's just say if you one of those people that wants sex and stuff like that all the time... a long distance thing is a big no.... and that is a big reason why a lot of long distance relationships don't work out, am i wrong? because one or both cheat because they miss sex and kissing and all that stuff...
    i can understand how you can miss those things perhaps but .... if you really truly love someone, you wouldn't cheat, it is that simple if you ask me.

anyway
    i don't remember exactly how long it took for us to cam on skype.... but pretty sure it didn't take that long... and it was really awkward at first as we were both real shy haha
    but both of us got comfortable pretty quickly really
    and no he did not showed his ID randomly, he did that because i kinda told him to , reason doesnt matter why, but i am and was really careful , like everybody should be online and he noticed and that is why
    i guess he also did it and didn't care for it because he really liked me and didn't wanted to lose me over something like that
    and to be honest, if it were the other way around (he didnt ask me to show him anything) i would of showed him my ID card as well, because thats only fair right but he didn't feel the need to ask me, cute i guess​

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    i agree those things are vital, same as having interests incommon
    i don't know.... let's just say if you one of those people that wants sex and stuff like that all the time... a long distance thing is a big no.... and that is a big reason why a lot of long distance relationships don't work out, am i wrong? because one or both cheat because they miss sex and kissing and all that stuff...
    i can understand how you can miss those things perhaps but .... if you really truly love someone, you wouldn't cheat, it is that simple if you ask me.

anyway
    i don't remember exactly how long it took for us to cam on skype.... but pretty sure it didn't take that long... and it was really awkward at first as we were both real shy haha
    but both of us got comfortable pretty quickly really
    and no he did not showed his ID randomly, he did that because i kinda told him to , reason doesnt matter why, but i am and was really careful , like everybody should be online and he noticed and that is why
    i guess he also did it and didn't care for it because he really liked me and didn't wanted to lose me over something like that
    and to be honest, if it were the other way around (he didnt ask me to show him anything) i would of showed him my ID card as well, because thats only fair right but he didn't feel the need to ask me, cute i guess​
    Yeah, if it's sexual is the main thing in a relationship, it's not gonna last long.

Oh so it was sort of a gamble situation when you asked him. :P I was guessing that kinda thing comes in naturally...

I'd also like to add, love comes from both sides, don't just sit there and expect every little thing to be push by one side. It's gonna die if only one does it all. :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    No, I really want to get one but those girls are fucking pussies(aka chickens) at asking me out and dating me.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    Me and my girlfriend Gabrielle have been dating for three years now. If we're still dating in a year, we're thinking of getting engaged.

My girlfriend is really cool. She's very much a tomboy and she loves video games, skateboarding, and violent movies. Plus she has a mouth that would make brigands blush. She's the type of girl I'm comfortable being with.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think I'm starting to fall into a relationship with my screen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back