• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you excited for Pokemon Scarlet/Violet?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2023
    Hi everyone. To be honest I was kind of disappointed with pokemon Sword/Shield versions. The Gigantix and Dynamix phenomenon that it focused on wasn't really my cup of tea.
    I pre-ordered a copy of Scarlet version. I think S and V have something called a terastal phenomenon instead. I researched this one a little and I think I like this idea better.
    So are you excited for S and V? Did you like Sword and Shield or are you hoping they improved from that?

Years
    • Seen today
    I'd say I'm definitely excited. All the pre-release info seems to lead me to believe that they're going to be a significant improvement over Sword and Shield, with which I was also disappointed. Later this month, I plan on pre-ordering most likely Violet (kind of hoping they announce more version exclusive pokemon before then, but I'm doubting it). Already made plans with friends to play the game that weekend too.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    A little. Likes the concept of multiple paths and a large, open world. Depends on the execution. May not receive as much freedom as desired. Is not thrilled with most of the revealed Pokemon yet either.

Was fine with Dynamaxing. Became harder to one-shot every Pokemon after setting up. (Made any one-shots sweeter too.) Hopefully improved Terastal Raid Dens over Max Raid Dens. Became near impossible to win 5-star Max Raids during the main story between awful NPC allies and the constant debuff clear. Eyes the real-time element of Terastal Raid Dens warily.

Years
  • hmmm I am still mixed on it tbh. I will probably get it, but I am not really excited about it. First of all, I am not a fan of several characters starting from the protagonists. As for the story, I am probably more interested but I have the feeling it won't be anything too exciting and anyway if the concept of Time is quoted in any way, then they're probably going to mess up the entire lore of the series. I really hope they won't. Other than that, I like the new pokemon and the new mechanic seems to be interesting but still unbalanced imo.

Years
  • Excited is too big a word. I'm looking forward to them yes, but I'm not excited by them so far.

Other than the grass kitty I haven't seen any Pokemon that actually make me wanna put them on my team asap once I have the game. Most of the ones revealed so far do not appeal to me.
    As for the gimmick idc about it. It's just another 1 gen gimmick, and this one looks absolutely ridiculous aesthetically.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • I concur with ReKoil here. I'm cautiously optimistic about these games being good, but I wouldn't say I'm excited. The art style change, both in 2D and 3D, was way too jarring for me from the get-go, and I'm still not sure I'll like it once I see it in action. Most of the Pokémon designs don't even seem consistent with those of previous Generations, there are very few new Mons I really like (Fuecoco, Cyclizar, Miraidon, Paldean Wooper and Wiglett - that's it), and the human characters (with the exception of Nemona, Grusha and Brassius) don't appeal to me either. The leaks are doing a better job trying to get me excited, but even then I'm not convinced.

It all depends on what happens tomorrow, but right now it seems likely that I'll just skip these games and wait for the next whole new game or remake.

EDIT:

if the concept of Time is quoted in any way, then they're probably going to mess up the entire lore of the series. I really hope they won't.

THIS SO MUCH. PLA already did this to the Sinnoh games by implying their existence is only possible because the D/P/Pt main character was sent back in time against their will. As a Pokémon timeline nerd, I was not pleased, and this aspect is yet again a big turnoff for my enthusiasm for S/V.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Cautiously optimistic. They've revealed so little of these games that I wasn't excited until they revealed what in the world these games were about. But honestly, there's definitely some things I don't like. Like the auto battles (Pokemon battling on complete auto with no input from anyone). This is not Yokai Watch, please get that out of Pokemon.

Years
  • Let me put it this way. I'm not counting down the days. But that doesn't mean I won't buy it on release day. I'm probably going to put a lot of hours into it. And I'm going to enjoy it too. but as I read above I haven't had the 'wow' feeling so far. I think it's because of the new Pokemon.

I think the open world part is super cool.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Kinda, but it isn't like Unova or Kalos. I was very excited for them, even Alola. But it was impossible to avoid spoilers this time around because they were everywhere and nearly the entire game was leaked 4 months before release. And before that, we had no news at all coming from Pokemon and they didn't do anything to stop the leaks. It is like they just gave up trying.

And just not a fan of this game almost being exactly like SM. We go to school. We do trials. And thats it. The story just seems weak, even though there are 3 story lines.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    • He / Him
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Heck yes. It's inspired on Spain and Portugal! That part of Portugal is the one that makes me more excited, I used to live in Portugal for the majority of my life, so I'm pretty attached (also I have a Portugal inspired Fakemon region, and I'm excited to see if any of my ideas get used, one surprisingly did in the form of Sprigatito).
    Also, it's a new Pokémon game, why wouldn't I be excited?

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Honestly I'm underwhelmed.

The school framing device is pathetic.
    Terastallising seems like a neat enough concept but the implementation is incredibly bland—of course it is: they stopped including the full National Pokédex because processing hundreds upon hundreds of unique assets was costing more and more as time went on, there's no way they could make eighteen interesting type-themed variations of every Pokémon in the game.
    The leaks have confirmed no level scaling whatsoever (so "take on the gyms in whatever order you want" is meaningless since levels will establish a clear order in which you should take them on) and the usual anaemic postgame because Game Freak have been systematically slicing off anything that gives you a reason to come back to their game after you've seen the credits since Generation 6.
    Titan Pokémon are kinda neat, I guess, but I've seen nothing to suggest they're not just Pokémon battles for people who thought the Alola trials were good. (Speaking of which… "Sunflora Hide-and-Seek". Where are the gym trainers? Why is my ability to wander around a circular map and spot flowers a better test of my ability as a Pokémon Trainer than Pokémon battles?)
    I have no idea why I should give a damn about Starfall Street.
    I definitely don't give a damn about sandwiches. If you wanted to make a game about making sandwiches, Game Freak, just make a game about making sandwiches!
    I don't understand why they got rid of TRs and reverted to the pre-Generation 5 system of consumable TMs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2023
    hmmm I am still mixed on it tbh. I will probably get it, but I am not really excited about it. First of all, I am not a fan of several characters starting from the protagonists. As for the story, I am probably more interested but I have the feeling it won't be anything too exciting and anyway if the concept of Time is quoted in any way, then they're probably going to mess up the entire lore of the series. I really hope they won't. Other than that, I like the new pokemon and the new mechanic seems to be interesting but still unbalanced imo.

The characters I don't really have a problem with. If I want the original protagonists I just play Let's go Eevee or Pikachu.
    Obviously it's not perfect but I'm not really expecting that either.

Years
  • I wouldn't say excited, but I DO want to play these games. The trailers got me hooked. Sometimes, the trailers have to hit just right with the last of my brain cells....and they did. It's like I have a great urge and curiosity, not to mention after all, I am...a Pokemon fan. So uh....that's it. Sorry if this makes no sense.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I am definitely excited for these games. I desperately want to get into the generation IX competitive scene as quickly as I can and explore the Pokémon world freely for the first time.

Back