• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you looking forward to Christmas?

Ultimo Spriter

I'm back ...
    Years
    im not lookin forward to christmas, my grandma died like this time of year so it aint a happy season 4 me. but i am getting a big lego set which costed $280 which make me happy

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Two days? It's still the 22nd! So no cheating.

I'm kind of sad though. This will be the first year we aren't celebrating Christmas ON Christmas. We are doing it the day after.
    Lol, we open the gifts the 24th on Iceland so 2 days for me.

What does one do with legos worth hundreds of dollars.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Lol, we open the gifts the 24th on Iceland so 2 days for me.

What does one do with legos worth hundreds of dollars.

Oh cool deal. You guys open on Christmas Eve? I heard people do that but it just doesn't seem like it'd be worth sacrifice waking up early in the morning to find all the presents.

How exactly does your Xmas Eve night go?

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Dinner at 6, then opening the gifts after we have cleaned up:D, thats probably it:D.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    So what happens on christmas Day then?

Is this like, your family's tradition, or is it an Iceland thing?
    It's an Icelandic thing, on Christmas day, we usually go to my grandparents for a Christmas party:D, and I usually watch TV and eat candy on Christmas day;)

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    So Iceland is supposedly covered in grass right? Or so the saying goes.

But in your pics there's snow everywhere :D I wish we had snow down here in the New Zealand.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    So Iceland is supposedly covered in grass right? Or so the saying goes.

But in your pics there's snow everywhere :D I wish we had snow down here in the New Zealand.
    Oh sweety there is grass under the snow, in the summer it's green, and it's white on the winter, there is snow now;).

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    :D I must visit Iceland in the Winter (your Winter that is...)

It's like the best conditions all year round! Are there any other traditions? Like variations of Santa Claus?

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    :D I must visit Iceland in the Winter (your Winter that is...)

It's like the best conditions all year round! Are there any other traditions? Like variations of Santa Claus?
    We have 13 santa clauses on Iceland;), they all have a different name, and all put some treads in ones shoe, that one keeps in the window shelf between the 11th and 24th, this days santa gave me a chocolate bar:D

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    Hot :D

It's the middle of Summer so you end up spending a lot of your time at the beach...
    Otherwise it's your typical, pseudo-American Christmas.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    Yeah, it's what we call a 'Kiwi Christmas' :P

I've always wanted to celebrate Christmas in the snow though, it seems more fitting. Santa gets too hot with his red suit down here hehe.

*MitSuKi*

Look I'm your friend, see?
    Years
    Gosh...I'm really different this year... During my wee years, i was so excited about Christmas that I can hardly sleep. But now, I'm hardly excited at all. Is it crazy or what? Somebody please tell me!! *sob*

Cid

Years
    Yes, especially in terms of the food, gifts and family. I have no idea what I would get this Christmas, though I am looking forward to receiving it.

Years
    Not at all to be honest with you. This has been the worst year I have ever had and having christmas is just going to bring back the memories and times that I really just don't want to think about. I wish I could just completely skip it and blank this year because I really don't want to remember it. I know what I'm having for christmas and there are going to be two people missing on that day for me that I really am not happy about. If you had asked me this at the start of the year, I would have been bouncing and thinking it would be the best christmas/year ever, but now I'm just completely against it.

Hopefully next year I'll be back to normal again, because I really do love christmas normally.

Back