• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

at least a lump of coal is useful

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
  • used shoes. USED SHOES. WAT EVEN DAD
    tumblr_inline_miltkh1UCX1qz4rgp.png

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Last Christmas my girlfriend got me 70-something ears of corn because it was on sale for around a quarter an ear and she dropped like $20 on it. I threw away the last of it in May or June because I found it in the back of my fridge, so for four or five months I've been corn-free and I never want to look at corn again.

Years
  • I've gotten plenty of bland presents from my parents, but I'm afraid of talking about it because it would make them seem bland and insensitive. They're just not very good at the whole gifting thing.

Last Christmas my girlfriend got me 70-something ears of corn because it was on sale for around a quarter an ear and she dropped like $20 on it. I threw away the last of it in May or June because I found it in the back of my fridge, so for four or five months I've been corn-free and I never want to look at corn again.

That's an awesome girlfriend. I'd give the corn to my dad as a new year's present lol.

Years
  • I was pretty spoiled every Christmas. I don't remember any bad gifts, but I did get some traumatizing gift candy when I was little. Memory fades me on what it was, but it was some kind of cheap santa-shape chocolate with a terrible taste. It started my skepticism toward unfamiliar chocolates.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • my sister got me a packet of cakes that I could not eat due to it have something that I am allergic to. She forget to check what was in it before buying it.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • I can't remember any bad previous Christmas presents actually. I guess when my mother bought me lots of make-up, because I never use it so I gave it all to my sister

Sirfetch’d

Last year my mom got me this awful looking pair of jeans. I usually don't say anything if I don't like my gifts because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I immediately told her that those weren't my style and that I hated them, haha.

Years
  • Last year my mom bought me a card reader to replace one I had lost, but the reason why I didn't have a use for it was that it didn't take every type of card I used (such as Sony memory sticks) and it would have been redundant because my desktop now has card readers built in.

Years
  • I don't remember ever really getting a memorable Christmas present, whether good or bad.

In saying that, however, what is a Christmas related thread doing in October?

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • I'm Jewish. Well, this is awkward...

Anyways, for Hanuka (I hate typing this word because there's at least seven ways to spell it) I've never really expected any presents to be fun or useful. It's never been significant to me. That's just how my family rolls it soooo yeah.

You know what? Just as a random thought I'm now going to list all the spellings of... That word.

Spoiler:

Yup, there's 16 of them.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Other than nothing, I... don't remember. I got a cigarette lighter once but that's kinda useful if you don't have a lighter and you need one I guess. Turns out I get useful things or nothing.

Christmas? What is this Christmas you speak of? :C

okay am I being super dumb here or do you not celebrate Christmas or... 8D

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I once got three hoodies from my aunts. They were all pretty cool and I liked them all, except for one tiny detail. I already had two hoodies I brought over for the trip, and I'm the kind of guy that once he decides that a hoodie is his favorite, he'll wear nothing but that hoodie. Now, I don't mean to seem selfish, but what really makes this top the list is what happens next.

My aunts start bugging me about which hoodie is my favorite and I naturally say whichever hoodie they gave me. Well, eventually, one of my aunts overhears me telling another that I liked the latter's better. The first aunt came over and started asking me if I'll ever wear her hoodie. The two of them started fighting over which one I liked better, and I was stuck in the middle trying to defuse it all. The thing is, this happens about every year, so Goodwill always receives five or so hoodies from me a year.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Any bad gifts I got were from my nana which is understandable.

I got bed sheets one year but they weren't that bad because I could actually use them on my bed. But the one thing she got me that I've never worn nor will I ever is this really old fashioned flowery old lady night gown. Old fashioned night gowns look nice sometimes but this one looks like something she would wear.

I appreciate every gift I get but to answer the question of this thread, those are the only "bad" gifts I've gotten. Everything else I've loved.

Back