• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: best coast california

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    NFL is really the only short I pay close attention to these days.. nothing more really.

Agreed. I only really pay attention to football and soccer these days. I used to pay close attention to college basketball, but not as much anymore. Maybe that'll change once I actually go to college. :p

Years
    I actually keep tabs on American football (college and pro), basketball (college and pro both genders), ice hockey(college both genders and pro), indoor lacrosse, and baseball. Mostly because in these sports I have a locally based team in the race. Soccer I'd pay more attention to if there were an MLS club here, but there's not and the local pro team (sits in USSL's Division 1 right now) plays in a stadium that's over 50 miles away.

I guess that was the reason behind Speed was, wasn't it? Anything and everything motorsports? They even showed movies about racing on that channel. Days of Thunder, 3, etc.

Well, Speed wasn't NASCAR's own channel, though, that's the thing. If it were, it would probably only have shown "NASCAR! NASCAR! NASCAR!" 24/7.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Well, Speed wasn't NASCAR's own channel, though, that's the thing. If it were, it would probably only have shown "NASCAR! NASCAR! NASCAR!" 24/7.

I realize that. Haha. I don't know, maybe NASCAR isn't that big enough to have its own channel. Maybe I'm over exaggerating a little.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    I never payed attention to any sport really, besides football (European kind, not handegg!) and tennis sometimes. I like to watch it, but it has close to zero coverage here so it's hard to follow it.

I vehemently refuse to use the word "soccer".

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I don't pay attention to any sports except wrestling and even that I only watch I don't really take it serious anymore due to the fact that a lot of it is a set up and rigged. It isn't like it used to be in the old days.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I never payed attention to any sport really, besides football (European kind, not handegg!) and tennis sometimes. I like to watch it, but it has close to zero coverage here so it's hard to follow it.

I vehemently refuse to use the word "soccer".

I find it funny how people call it handegg lol when did that trend started?

TY

I dont really watch sports either besides a little bit of football (or soccer for people who think football is w/e the trend here now is XD)

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I dont really watch sports either besides a little bit of football (or soccer for people who think football is w/e the trend here now is XD)

Americans call it soccer. They always have as far as I know. I don't think that'll change for the USA lol

TY

Well we have two entirely different namings for them here in the Netherlands

On a sidenote, #BlameSector is still not trending, i am deeply disappointed >_>

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    ^ That's alright, I can fix that. /goes on twitter

edit: apparently i can't tweet the same thing twice. good job twitter for limiting spam.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Well we have two entirely different namings for them here in the Netherlands

On a sidenote, #BlameSector is still not trending, i am deeply disappointed >_>
    Obviously that is consider advertisement, so that may be the reason why its not trending :P
    Yes, NFL is a short. It's shorter than NASCAR. ;)
    Oh really? How long does NFL last per game? 6 hours? NASCAR usually takes 3-4 hours, depending on cautions and weather conditions.
    ^ That's alright, I can fix that. /goes on twitter

edit: apparently i can't tweet the same thing twice. good job twitter for limiting spam.
    Spammer! Bad girl! :P
    Lmao I've never heard that term. It makes sense though, though it's kind of derogatory. I love it!!
    Didn't we discuss the reason why we call it football before in this exact thread? lol Like, we call it football because the ball is a foot long?

Years
    Didn't we discuss the reason why we call it football before in this exact thread? lol Like, we call it football because the ball is a foot long?

Foot... Another term that Americans also use that almost no other country uses. (in terms of measurement)

Years
    It's because commoners played it, and all games played by commoners were played on foot rather than on horseback. Therefore it became known as football. If it had been invented on horseback, we might have called it horseball or something!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    It's because commoners played it, and all games played by commoners were played on foot rather than on horseback. Therefore it became known as football. If it had been invented on horseback, we might have called it horseball or something!

Horses tackling horses? Now that would've been a spectacle to see!

PS: Wouldn't have had my 1,000th post in any other thread than this one. <3 rambling on with you guys.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Sector said:
    Oh really? How long does NFL last per game? 6 hours? NASCAR usually takes 3-4 hours, depending on cautions and weather conditions.

That's like...the other way around, Sector. xD A football game lasts 4-4.5 hours or so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back