• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: best coast california

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016

Well, there is a thread for that. Here's the thread. We've never talked, but you will be missed.

How pleasantly handled.

Sad to see one go, and here I am on my return. Maybe... lol. To all and any I suppose: I'm trying to break from social media like facebook and twitter and its going pretty good, so today I thought I might check back into the message board world and see what that's like again. Don't know if I'm here to stay for a day or a year but I had fun the last few times I've been around so we'll see. =]

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I had no idea that the Grammys were today. I think they're all a huge joke, but I'm still hoping for Black Sabbath to win something. Their latest album is really, really good.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • Wow, I had just posted on another OCC thread thinking that this was the thread. It turns out it was the art and design forum. I need to pay attention more.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I had no idea that the Grammys were today. I think they're all a huge joke, but I'm still hoping for Black Sabbath to win something. Their latest album is really, really good.

I Never cared for Grammys, Oscars & such. Though it would be really cool to see my favorites win something major. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow, I had just posted on another OCC thread thinking that this was the thread. It turns out it was the art and design forum. I need to pay attention more.
    I think ya mean DCC? ;)

I don't really watch the award shows anymore, although sometimes the opening monologues are interesting to listen to.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    You may go ahead & call me strange but, unless its the People's Choice Awards & Nina Dobrev's been nominated for her amazing roles, I won't even bother to turn it on.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I don't really care either - they're made for the masses. The Grammy's case then is blatant favouritism to certain styles of music while disrespecting others year after year. But it makes me feel good when even at such a situation my favourites manage to get some recognition.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Would I be the weird one if I said I actually never watched any Grammys or Oscars?

Me neither, but I'm always curious about who wins. Might watch this year cause some artist I like are nominated are performing (Lorde and Imagine Dragons) , but I'm sure I can always watch those performances online if I have to.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Perhaps, Nathan, but we'll be weird together, okay? ;p

Edit:
    Aaron beat me to it. Okay, the three of us will be the weird ones.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The best music is generally the music that tends not to get awards, considering the ones that get awards are generally the ones more popular among the population. This years' nominations are a lot better than recent years (Lorde and Imagine Dragon are two of my favorites of all time). There were winners in the past who absolutely deserved their awards (particularly Adele), but apart from that, the society who chooses the nominations are generally geared towards popular music, rather than music as a whole of all genres regardless of popularity.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I never watched those as well, but it's normal since I'm European. I'd have to mess up my sleep schedule in exam season for that crap. But everytime a new list of nominees and winners is made public, my hope in the music's future dwindles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back