• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

celebrate me you peasants

Years
    like birthdays? haven't had a relationship that lasted over a year's length HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I don't really do it. My birthdays just kind of slip by every year.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I don't get the big deal with birthday. I didn't care when mine passed, but other people did. ?_?

I mean, if the person doesn't enjoy life, I guess it could be celebrated. But a birthday is just a sign that you're closer to death.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Birthday? Woohoo! I leveled up!

When my birthday comes, I just don't want a birthday party, I just want gifts from people and that's all ^3^

I just can't stand people singing 'Happy Birthday' to me while I just stand there for about a minute's length figuring out what to do while they're singing to me.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I like to announce it! I think the more you can share in good times with others, the better. It doesn't mean they have to do anything special, but it is nice to share in a milestone that you've accomplished :3 I think it is a bit selfish to expect people to remember birthdays and things, so I will just state it :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    In the past I did make a huge deal, like "omg it's my birthday let's throw a huge partaaaaay or get drunk at applebeez!" and it was because I was turning 18 and then I was turning 21, when I turned 22 I was like "UGH I AM GETTING OLD MAKE IT STAHP".

rinse and repeat when I turn 23 this year. lol

Years
    Generally I treat major milestones as a big deal, such as a one-year anniversary, my 18th birthday, etc.. but I don't get much out of those because of my family. But usually I get a lot of support on stuff such as my birthday from online friends and my friends in real life.

Years
    I pretty much agree with the general opinion held by most in this thread, I'm not too bothered about celebrating my birthday (haven't really had any anniversaries, but when I do it'll be like a private meal for relationship anniversaries and I doubt I'd care much for other anniversaries). I've never had a birthday party, my mom wants me to have one for my eighteenth birthday, but I think I'll attempt to have the money spent on a PS4 instead. I don't mind going out with friends for their birthday if they feel the need though.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    seriously pc i expected more

Hell yeah birthday parties. 8) I don't really like being all "omg everyone notice me" but hey! A birthday is an excuse to have an amazing day and/or night for a reason and they get everyone together, help you meet new people (friends of whoever's birthday it is) and whatnot and just generally they're fun. Had a great night with my flatmate's birthday party last night and met some of his people who were pretty cool, so yeah, mission accomplished. I never really want cards or gifts or whatever (although they're nice!) - I just want everyone to have a good time. Weirdly, your birthday doesn't at all have to be all about you. As I say, it's an excuse to have a really good time and I don't get why so many people aren't interested in that. As I say, just think of it as a time for a load of good friends to get together and have fun rather than a time totally centred around you.

edit: oh, we're talking about how we let people know? Usually facebook event + invites. And then anyone who isn't invited to that'd either find out on facebook or just... not know. I don't go around announcing it or whatever.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I never had to announce my birthday, there are only a few people that I usually celebrate it with apart from family and they're all close to me so they know when it is. And facebook let's people know anyway. I never really had an anniversary for anything though!

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I've stopped announcing and generally try and downplay them as much as possible these days.

Birthdays are cool an' all but I really feel like I should be giving my parents gifts rather than receiving them myself; I mean... doesn't it seem a little backwards?

That day that must mean so much more to them than me.

I get that it's a celebration of my life, but I don't feel I need a day set aside every year for this at all; If people want to show their appreciation for me do it when I've been nice, done well, or like, achieved something.

It all just seems really gratuitous as it is.

Let's get rid of mothers/fathers/guardians? day and show appreciation for them on our birthdays. I find it really weird the way things are atm.

And while I realise the logic doesn't apply so well to adoptees or the like I still feel like that day could still mean a whole lot more to them than you; if not you could just celebrate the day you were adopted/other.

Age seems like a dumb ass thing to celebrate to me is what I'm trying to get at.

p.s. While we're at it let's sort christmas the **** out.

Last edited:
    Years
    I really don't much care for being the center of attention, so I don't really make a big deal about when my birthday is coming up or something. Even this year, I only made a passing comment when a couple of friends were talking about it (my birthday ended up being just one day later than my friend's mom's), but if I wouldn't have said anything, I don't think anyone would've really known, which was fine by me.

Years
    I'll let people know about my birthday. Because it's awesome. 8) also that's usually when I take vacation at work these days, it's a good time at work because it's mostly dead anyway.

Everything else I'm just too lazy to care. Like my PC anniversary was in May and I didn't even bother posting a blog about it, haha.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    I completely forget about them and realize later that the day was special. That's how it is for pretty much everything except my own birthday and my daughter's birthday. My birthday is no big deal but I try to give people a wink and a nudge towards giving her something small since I want her to grow up learning that a lot of people care about her even if I have to force them to.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    My birthdays aren't as important anymore, so I just say that it's my birthday, and I get to go out and buy stuff. Nothing really.

I don't like announcing things as if it's the most important thing ever.

Bartolomeo

Youtube = Crap
    Years
    I don't really care about them anymore. They used to be a big deal for me when I was 10. So I don't really mention it to anyone these days.

Back