• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Change a Pokemon's Type

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
If you could change a Pokemon's type, or add a type to a Pokemon, what Pokemon would they be, and what type would you add/change?

I'd change Lugia from a Psychic type to a Dragon type, and I'd also add -Fairy to all the Lake Guardians. I'd also add Fairy to the Chansey line? It's always been odd to me these two weren't also made Fairy types, lmfao.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Can we just have Azurill become a water (or water/fairy but even water would suffice) because it being normal is just so bizarre and most people iknow seem to forget it's normal and think it's water bc of marill and azumarill

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Add Psychic(or Ghost) Typing to Ninetales due to its Kitsune background. The Anime Episode "Just Waiting on a Friend" illustrates this perfectly and the fact it learns Psychic Type moves just screams add it already. Would justify a boost to SpA though if that change was made.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Mega Blastoise - Water/Steel
Ninetales - Fire/Ghost
Venomoth - Bug/Psychic
Golduck - Water/Psychic
Koffing and Weezing - Poison/Fire
Porygon line - Normal/Electric
Noctowl - Psychic/Flying
Sunflora - Grass/Fire
Misdreavus and Mismagius - Ghost/Fairy
Octillery - Water/Fire
Beautifly - Bug/Fairy
Masquerain - Bug/Water
Absol - Dark/Fairy
Glalie - Ice/Rock
Luxray - Electric/Dark
Electivire - Electric/Fighting
Cresselia - Psychic/Fairy
Serperior - Grass/Dragon
Pignite and Emboar - Fire/Ground
Samurott - Water/Fighting
Musharna - Psychic/Poison
Lilligant - Grass/Fairy
Cofagrigus - Ghost/Steel
Gothitelle - Psychic/Dark
Vanilluxe - Ice/Poison
Beartic - Ice/Fighting
Cryogonal - Ice/Steel
Accelgor - Bug/Dark
Aromatisse - Fairy/Poison
Heliolisk - Electric/Dragon
Goodra - Dragon/Poison
Lycanroc-Midday - Rock/Normal
Lycanroc-Midnight - Rock/Dark
Lycanroc-Dusk - Rock/Fighting

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Venonat/Venomoth - Psychic/Poison
Koffing/Weezing - Poison/Fire
Voltorb/Electrode - Electric/Dark
Kangaskhan - Fighting/Ground
Dunsparce - Dragon/Flying
Stantler - Normal/Ice
Glalie - Ice/Dark
Misdreavus/Mismagius - Ghost/Fairy
Rhyperior - Ground/Steel
Electivire - Electric/Fighting
Magmortar - Fire/Poison
Zygarde - Ice/Poison
Guzzlord - Dark/Steel

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Normal/Ice is mainly to emphasize the aspect of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. It would add variety to the Ice-type, given that Johto's Ice-types lean more towards the physical side.

Years
Celebi - grass/fairy!! Keep its psychic moves, just don't keep it as a psychic type imo. Otherwise....Flabébé and its line should be grass/fairy srsly

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Celebi - grass/fairy!! Keep its psychic moves, just don't keep it as a psychic type imo. Otherwise....Flabébé and its line should be grass/fairy srsly

I opened the thread to say the exact same thing!

FeraligatrMaster covered some really good examples as well.

When Zeraora was announced, I felt certain it'd be electric/fighting, I think that'd be a pretty cool combination!

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
When Stakataka was first announced, it was speculated that it might be the first ever Rock/Ghost type. Not much reason other than it being an animated object (like Honedge or Dhelmise) with creepy eyes, and Ultra Beasts being more likely to have unusual typings, but it would certainly be more interesting than Rock/Steel - not to mention stronger. (Whyyyy is Rock/Steel one of the worst types for slow defensive Mons, intuitively it should be the best)

Years
The Bulbasaur, Bellsprout, and Gastly lines really don't need the secondary Poison type, and I'd change them all to be single type Pokemon if I had a time machine.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
The Bulbasaur, Bellsprout, and Gastly lines really don't need the secondary Poison type, and I'd change them all to be single type Pokemon if I had a time machine.
Would you also make Ghost super effective against Psychic in the Gen 1 games, add stronger Ghost type moves like Shadow Ball, add the Dark type, and give some Gen 1 Pokemon the Ghost or Dark type?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
There's sorta too many to list, lol. But some big ones for me are: Flabebe should have been Grass/Fairy, and Noctowl should be Flying/Psychic.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2019
Gyarados (non-mega evolve) - Water, Dragon - I don't even get why its flying
Flygon - Dragon, Bug - its a dragon fly after all

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
Charizard's lack of Dragon typing (outside of Mega Charizard X) comes to mind for sure. I'd change it to Fire/Dragon since that's a dragon if I've ever seen one.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
Years
I always really wanted Clawitzer to be water/fire! It's a shrimp with a CANNON claw! I prefer that to Volcanion, personally.

Back