• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] character customization

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • finally i can make a fashion statement in a pokemon game. those clothes were hella now i rly gotta consider if i wanna play as the boy or girl in these games bc those outfits and hairstyles and all blow XY and sm/usum out of the water like there better be a runway for me to strut on in this game damn..........move over elesa.........

what did y'all think? i like that there are more hair styles and colors and you can even customize your eyebrows like???? damn. nice. also lol all the options are making me really consider whether to play as a boy or girl so has this changed your minds about your player choice as well? also i rly like the pink hair girl. the jacket she was wearing w little pastel pokemon on it. i want that but like. irl.

Last edited:

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I am loving all of the customization options, down to being able to have gloves finally! I am playing sword as a girl and shield as a boy most likely~ ready to see all of the new clothing and hair!

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    We actually have some really nice options this time around.

X/Y were a nice start but the clothes were way too pricey for their own good. Having nice jeans and a coat shouldn't have cost 6-digits for pokedollars. Gaining money on X/Y isn't necessarily easy without the amulet coin/facilities either.

SuMo had a variety of colors but overall not a diverse selection of clothing. I get it's the tropics and that mimicking those tourist shops it's the same thing, but we should be able to wear what we want...no?

I think Sword/Shield have not only a nice variety but a good fashion sense in general. They really feel more like casualized wear I'd actually wear...in real life. Many RPGs can get crazy with customization but it's nice to see some of them take a step back and give us something a bit more grounded as well as the fun stuff. I do think this is definitely a step up and having us FINALLY...FINALLY see the hairstyles we get is great.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I won't be impressed until I see that clothes aren't gender restricted. If a person wants to play as the girl, and wear guy's clothes, then let them.

Please, for the love of god, let us have that option.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll reserve judgment until we get the games and see what exactly the extent of our options are. I'm not going to get impressed from one trailer here. I just hope that it does turn good in the end.

Is there an afro option?? I want an afro. :V
    wanna live out that Miror B. fantasy, eh?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Well, the trailer showed the female trainer wearing Nessa's outfit so hopefully that means there's outfits of past trainers/trainer-classes. Because, dammit, I wanna dress up my character as Lance.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I can't wait to be able to perpetually oscillate between being a fairy princess and a gothic edgelord in Pokemon as I do irl. :')

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    Now that I think about it people now can even use their pokemon avatar to represent themselves in any social media. This is honestly what I expected how it would have been in XY honestly, they brought it late but is better than nothing

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I... actually won't be using character customisation in this game! Sorry guys, it's not because of a thread I made a while back that most of you should know, but because I just don't feel like it. Maybe at best is that if I pick the male MC I will change his hair or something.

Back