• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Member Lounge - so how do you like PC so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

NEW MEMBER LOUNGE
- now with Favorite Types!

Welcome to the community's New Member Lounge! In this thread, you're more than welcome to converse with your fellow members in an effort to try and get to know more new people! Not only will you meet other new members, but also community regulars that have been here for a while! It's basically a chat thread for all you new members to get to know other newbies like you, as well as for older users to make new acquaintances in. In this thread, the members are in focus, you and all the friends you are about to make!

You can make your first post here, but it is encouraged to create an introduction thread of your own, to be welcomed personally, though it is not mandatory. Feel free to do what you're most comfortable with! ♥

Please try not to ask for help about how the forums work here, as we have a very helpful section dedicated solely to helping people, called the Feedback & Support!

Favorite Types?

Yes! As you might know, there are 18 pokémon types. Most people have a favorite. When you are posting in this thread...
  • If you want, you can let us know your favorite type! And why? We all have different preferences and reasons~
  • You may also let us know what your favorite pokémon is! Is it from your favorite type, or not?

kg4b3hv.png

Get chatting, friends ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)​

Last edited:
Years
This is an interesting replacement for the New Users Hangout, but also taking elements from the Welcoming Eggs event of past.

Anyways, my fave type is Water and I'll start with Oshawott. Because you know, it's my mascot.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That face scares me I don't feel comfortable posting in this thread o.O

But uh my favorite type is Grass I guess. I'll take Oddish.
Oddish is so cute!

FINE I'll find a nicer smiley haha. Any suggestions?

This is an interesting replacement for the New Users Hangout, but also taking elements from the Welcoming Eggs event of past.

Anyways, my fave type is Water and I'll start with Oshawott. Because you know, it's my mascot.
Yes, Welcome Eggs was a lot of fun c: This is mini version maybe?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Any suggestions?

I have a suggestion for a smiley.
Spoiler:

Speaking of suggestions, since we're going for a type teams kind of thing, you might want to provide links to some of the actual type clubs in Pokémon General. If someone joins who's a big fan of one type and participates in this thread, it might be nice to point them to the corresponding club.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have a suggestion for a smiley.
Spoiler:

Speaking of suggestions, since we're going for a type teams kind of thing, you might want to provide links to some of the actual type clubs in Pokémon General. If someone joins who's a big fan of one type and participates in this thread, it might be nice to point them to the corresponding club.
... not gonna let people's first impression here be that smiley NOPE

Sure! If you know of any active typing clubs, you can post links to them here and I'll add them c: either now or when you see some member who has that fav type so you can give them direct suggestions~

Nagi-chan

I make videos on Youtube about Pokémon and other a
Years
That´s so cool:D I love the fire typing and my favorite Pokémon is Growlithe<3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That´s so cool:D I love the fire typing and my favorite Pokémon is Growlithe<3
My fav is Fire too! I was actually called Fire on the forums a little while back c: Growlithe is really cool, do you like Arcanine too?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Fire-type lovers unite!

I'm taking a Charmander. Charizard is my all-time favorite Pokémon, I've always loved dragons and fire, not to mention I was always a fan of it as my first Pokémon when I was a kid.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Come on, where are my Dragon-type fans at? (;

Hello newcomers! People call me Matt or El! (: My partner is Dragonite (or in this case would be Dratini), which is from my favorite generation of Pokemon: 1st generation! If you have any questions about how the forum works or would like to chit chat with me, feel free to click my username to go to my profile and shoot me a message!

Nonetheless, happy posting around the forum! Dragon-type fans unite! :D

Years
I can understand the appeal of Fire-type Pokemon, given how popular Fire starters tend to be. Anyways, I might do an intro to new users since Matt sorta did one.

Anyways, the name is Hikamaru! People often call me Hika for short, or by Nichole (which is my real name) and yeah I love mainly cute Pokemon, and as you saw my fave type is Water. I also have an affection for music and cute cartoon characters. I hope any of you new guys have fun enjoying our community and don't hesitate to ask me if you ever want to talk or have a little question or two.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Jumping on the bandwagon

I'm Rainbow! Most people call me that, but you can feel free to shorten it to Rain or call me Kyle if you like. My favorite Pokémon is actually Xatu, which isn't a Grass-type by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd still say I like Grass the best overall because most of my top 5 favorites are Grass-type. My favorite Grass Pokémon is Bellossom.

If you've made an introduction thread there's a good chance I've already said hi to you, as I try to welcome everyone who joins. Feel free to VM me if you'd like to chat, and I hope you have a fun time on PokéCommunity~!

Last edited:

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
i want to be a fairy together with sylveon

Pebbles here :pink_love:
if you are ever in need for a new avatar/signature on the forum or anything else photoshop related, i am your girl ^^

Tensu

Old School Cool~
Years
Hey guys, I'm Shibui and I'm really excited to be part of the community.
My favorite type has always been Electric. My favorite pokémon of that type is Electabuzz (my first pokemon card).

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Hey guys, I'm Shibui and I'm really excited to be part of the community.
My favorite type has always been Electric. My favorite pokémon of that type is Electabuzz (my first pokemon card).
So, do you want Elekid for your starter in this thread? You need to pick an unevolved Pokémon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back