• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Member Lounge - so how do you like PC so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
  • Welcome Caaethil! I really love your username, is it from somewhere or did you make it up? c:

Water is okay I guess (; (; Froakie is really okay! I'll put you up with Froakie in the OP. EDIT: Samurott I guess? XD

Did I misspeak somewhere? Woops, no. I think I might have mentioned that Samurott is cool, but nah, I'm sticking with Froakie (so, Greninja at this point).

My name came from this specific part of this specific name generator. And yes, I was looking for a name for my World of Warcraft night elf at the time. I just adopted it later when I decided to change away from the cringe names I chose for myself online back when I was younger.

Years
  • What are their names though?

Unfortunately the protagonist names haven't been revealed yet, so people have just been using fan nicknames. I'm sure they've been calling the male stuff like Sun and Sol, and the female's nicknames at the moment seem to be Moon and Luna. Heck, we may not even know the official names until after the game release.

apart

A bitter-sweet kiss
    Years
  • Hello apart! I've seen you around before c: I'm glad you're having a nice time! Cleffa is adorable <3 I'll add you to the OP!

#teamlitten <33333 But mostly because it's a fire cat haha and I love cats and fire is my favorite type! However, if the evolutions are really cool for the others, it might make me change my team c: Nothing's set in stone.

Uhmm. Hi.. how are you?
    ..I don't know what an "OP" is but thank you?
    I really like cats too! Yes, I agree. I would wanna see what each of the starters looked like before I chose. But I'm defiantly going to be getting Pokemon Sun version.
    I can hardly wait ~

Years
  • I want to get Sun but it's going to take a darn lot of convincing to get the boyfriend to change his mind since we always get separate versions. ; ;' Gonna have to settle for Moon. Though I do love the Moon mascot legendary a whole lot.

Cats are amazing too! I always give brownie points to cat lovers. I wish I could adopt all the cats in the world.... if I had space. 8'c

apart

A bitter-sweet kiss
    Years
  • "OP" means either "Original Post" (the first post of the thread), or depending on the context, "Original Poster" (the first poster of the thread/the one that made it). :o
    Oh, I see.
    Thank you. I can tell you're a really thoughtful person. :)
    I want to get Sun but it's going to take a darn lot of convincing to get the boyfriend to change his mind since we always get separate versions. ; ;' Gonna have to settle for Moon. Though I do love the Moon mascot legendary a whole lot.

Cats are amazing too! I always give brownie points to cat lovers. I wish I could adopt all the cats in the world.... if I had space. 8'c
    Pokemon Moon should be really cool too, don't worry. I'm pretty sure it will have more version exclusive stuff that can only be obtained in Pokemon moon version, so ..don't frown kay?
    XD yes. Cats are really cute. :)

I have two cats and a bunny, but.. maybe I should adopt a dog too. Like a really fluffy dog. ;v;
    Awe. You're really lucky! :P

Years
  • I want to get Sun but it's going to take a darn lot of convincing to get the boyfriend to change his mind since we always get separate versions. ; ;' Gonna have to settle for Moon. Though I do love the Moon mascot legendary a whole lot.

Don't worry, Lunala does have a good design and is my personal fave of the two. I guess I don't like Solgaleo as much because we already had Pyroar.

The only issue Lunala is facing is being frowned down upon in competitive but I'm sure Moon version is definitely going to be the more beautiful of the two. Granted, I do choose the "blue" versions mostly.

Call me Gamma

Dusty Old Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2017
    I rarely have problems choosing versions because I always get both. That way, I can complete the game on my favorite of the two and use the other for challenge runs/ version exclusive trades.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I rarely have problems choosing versions because I always get both. That way, I can complete the game on my favorite of the two and use the other for challenge runs/ version exclusive trades.
    That's clever... I think I'll stick to one though haha. It's so easy to trade over wifi these days c:

Getting Sun unless the exclusives sway me in Moon's direction. I know there's plenty of lions already but Solgaleo looks so very cool.

Years
  • Getting Sun unless the exclusives sway me in Moon's direction. I know there's plenty of lions already but Solgaleo looks so very cool.

I do wonder how you think about the complete irony that a Pokemon based on the sun is weak to Fire moves? Although I have actually found out there is alchemy basis behind the Steel-type, specifically the symbol of a lion shown consuming the sun, which represents purifying of metal. Game Freak surely went deep with that.

Years
  • I do wonder how you think about the complete irony that a Pokemon based on the sun is weak to Fire moves? Although I have actually found out there is alchemy basis behind the Steel-type, specifically the symbol of a lion shown consuming the sun, which represents purifying of metal. Game Freak surely went deep with that.
    Eh, it kind of makes sense that they aren't making the Sun mascot a fire type. What would the Moon type be, I mean? There are rocks on the moon uh... Or Water, I suppose. Since the moon controls the tide c: But they kind of already made that deal with Lugia and Ho-oh imo.

edit: omg tfw you reply and forget you're logged into an alt account hahaha

Years
  • Eh, it kind of makes sense that they aren't making the Sun mascot a fire type. What would the Moon type be, I mean? There are rocks on the moon uh... Or Water, I suppose. Since the moon controls the tide c: But they kind of already made that deal with Lugia and Ho-oh imo.

edit: omg tfw you reply and forget you're logged into an alt account hahaha

Lunala is apparently based on a bat, but has been speculated to be a ghost bat which could explain the Ghost typing.

Call me Gamma

Dusty Old Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2017
    That's clever... I think I'll stick to one though haha. It's so easy to trade over wifi these days c:

Getting Sun unless the exclusives sway me in Moon's direction. I know there's plenty of lions already but Solgaleo looks so very cool.

I'm going to side with Moon for my first run of the games. I have a sneaking suspicion that Lunala's ability "Shadow Shield" is going to directly play into its x4 weakness to dark.

Years
  • I'm going to get both, because that's what I've been doing ever since Gen 3 lol. I'm definitely playing Sun before Moon. I like bats as critters, but I think Lunala looks kind of... idk. It reminds me of Cresselia, another Pokemon I never really liked. My fav type is Steel btw

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I'm going to get both, because that's what I've been doing ever since Gen 3 lol. I'm definitely playing Sun before Moon. I like bats as critters, but I think Lunala looks kind of... idk. It reminds me of Cresselia, another Pokemon I never really liked. My fav type is Steel btw

First off, welcome to the community Bro! Steel types are pretty cool, big fan of Lucario personally and Aggron is growing on me. Whats your favorite steel type?

Secondly, I agree with choosing Sun over Moon. Lunala isn't really a 'mon that immediately sparks an interest to me whereas Solgaleo, creates much more of an interest for me.

Years
  • First off, welcome to the community Bro! Steel types are pretty cool, big fan of Lucario personally and Aggron is growing on me. Whats your favorite steel type?

Secondly, I agree with choosing Sun over Moon. Lunala isn't really a 'mon that immediately sparks an interest to me whereas Solgaleo, creates much more of an interest for me.

Aggron is pretty boss, but I actually wound up liking Klefki a lot. Prankster is an awesome ability lol.

FireSnow

Years
  • Aggron is pretty boss, but I actually wound up liking Klefki a lot. Prankster is an awesome ability lol.

Ugh...I can't stand going up against Klefki, especially in competitive. Whenever it comes out, I know exactly what is coming and there is nothing I can do to stop it lol

Years
  • Ugh...I can't stand going up against Klefki, especially in competitive. Whenever it comes out, I know exactly what is coming and there is nothing I can do to stop it lol

Yeah, I don't play competitive that much but when I do I lead with Klefki lol. I thought I would hate the Fairy type but I actually really liked some of the Pokemon they added. Sylveon is a boss too.

FireSnow

Years
  • Yeah, I don't play competitive that much but when I do I lead with Klefki lol. I thought I would hate the Fairy type but I actually really liked some of the Pokemon they added. Sylveon is a boss too.

I definitely find them to be solid Pokemon, though they may not be my favorites. I do have an affinity for Swirlix and the Floette line though. they are just good ambassadors of the Fairy Type as a whole imo

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back