• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    If you look closely, Amie is back! :D And Brawly looks awesome! And the Pokedex...well, it's pretty cool that they made it look like a GBA...

Can we have the rest of the gym leaders and Sidney please

blue

gucci
    Years
    New scansssssssssssssss! :) Brawly is back too.

Edit: We now have more images from John Lenoso which show various forms of Pikachu which appear to be related to the contests. Madam Pikachu & Hard Rock Pikachu on the first image, and Idol Pikachu, Doctor Pikachu and Masked Pikachu on the second. It also confirms that Pokémon Amie returns.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    New scansssssssssssssss! :) Brawly is back too.

Edit: We now have more images from John Lenoso which show various forms of Pikachu which appear to be related to the contests. Madam Pikachu & Hard Rock Pikachu on the first image, and Idol Pikachu, Doctor Pikachu and Masked Pikachu on the second. It also confirms that Pokémon Amie returns.

Now to wait for the rest of the Metagross scan as it has Phoebe in the bottom. Likely Glacia and Drake too.
    I like how Brawley sort of looks like a biker dude.
    Edit: Just saw Phoebe. She looks just like before. I'm glad to see her get Dusknoir. I'm glad to see the Sinnoh evolutions included :3

Years
    So those scans say the pikachu stuff has to do with contests(maybe)...but all those pics are of amie(except one:/). So i'm guessing we get to keep the costumes there too? This is all very...interesting.

Pikachu is probably just a stand alone customizable pokemon that keeps those outfits in and out of battle/contests/amie and stuff like that. I could see it happening. Just like he is the only one in the dex that actually sounds like he does in the anime.

Either way, the hard rock pikachu is badass and I want mine to forever look like that.XD.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Wait, so Phoebe has Dusknoir now! I wonder what this means, in the original Ruby & Sapphire Phoebe had 2 Dusclops', so does this mean she will have one Dusclops and a Dusknoir or two Dusknoirs? Either way it's good that they've included a Sinnoh evolution to the mix. I just hope this doesn't mean they've reduced their teams to 4 Pokémon from 5.

Years
    Wait, so Phoebe has Dusknoir now! I wonder what this means, in the original Ruby & Sapphire Phoebe had 2 Dusclops', so does this mean she will have one Dusclops and a Dusknoir or two Dusknoirs? Either way it's good that they've included a Sinnoh evolution to the mix. I just hope this doesn't mean they've reduced their teams to 4 Pokémon from 5.

I hope they keep their five member teams. I see Phoebe having her other Dusclops stay as Dusclops but holding Evolite, thus boosting it's already nice defenses higher.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years

I think they'll stick with the originals. If I recall, HGSS had the same number of pokemon as GS.

In that case, a Dusclops and a Dusknoir seems most likely. She had 2 different leveled Dusclops in RS. Since Dusclops can only evolve via trading, it's certainly possible that only the more powerful one is Dusknoir.

Years
    I think they'll stick with the originals. If I recall, HGSS had the same number of pokemon as GS.

In that case, a Dusclops and a Dusknoir seems most likely. She had 2 different leveled Dusclops in RS. Since Dusclops can only evolve via trading, it's certainly possible that only the more powerful one is Dusknoir.

I think they'll go that route. I wonder if they'll level up Sydney's Shiftry as people tend to like the ace being the strongest in the Team. Maybe give it a Mega to make it special.

Years
    Am i the only one that dislike the pikachu costumes?

I don't like some of them, while I do like some. I like the hard rock one but not Madame. I think the scientist one is cute xD.

I hope that they give each Pokemon they can their own unique costumes. I kind of don't want the legends to get any custumes, well except for the cute and more humanesk ones that is.

Years
    I'm on the fence about the costumes. Depends on where they go with the whole concept. Right now, it's adorable, but would like to see what kind of potency it has in Contests. Maybe they're mashing the Hoenn and Sinnoh Contest concepts together, or something along those lines. Wonder if all Pokemon will be able to get costumes for their performances o:

Years
    I'm on the fence about the costumes. Depends on where they go with the whole concept. Right now, it's adorable, but would like to see what kind of potency it has in Contests. Maybe they're mashing the Hoenn and Sinnoh Contest concepts together, or something along those lines. Wonder if all Pokemon will be able to get costumes for their performances o:

They did add the flag game from the Sinnoh secret bases to the now improved Hoenn secret bases. I wouldn't be surprised. I'm expecting them to take a page from Sinnoh's actually. So many Sinnoh things...the trees, the flag, and now costumes...seems like ORAS is taking more ques from Gen IV than Gen VI in some areas.

Yay, ORAS avoids what FRLG and HGSS never could, that is including the evolution methods of eevolutions introduced after it's release generation, well for Sylveon at least. I'm sure we'll see the Ice and Moss rocks too.

Years
    I hope they keep their five member teams.

This. I know people have been complaining about four-Pokemon rosters for the Elite Four lately but if past remakes are anything to go by I'm sure they'll stick to five Pokemon. The next question is, will they be battled in a set order like the originals or will you be able to choose the order to fight them?

If it's the latter I'll be imagining the backlash that comes with it.

Years
    This. I know people have been complaining about four-Pokemon rosters for the Elite Four lately but if past remakes are anything to go by I'm sure they'll stick to five Pokemon. The next question is, will they be battled in a set order like the originals or will you be able to choose the order to fight them?

If it's the latter I'll be imagining the backlash that comes with it.

I'm hoping it'll be the same order as before, or they'll have the levels scale up even if we can choose the order, or they do a random (and level scaling up too) set up where sometimes Drake is the first one we battle, sometimes it's Glacia, and so on.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I actually don't really care about the order of the E4. I just hope they'll make it tougher.

Steven had his max level at Lv58 in the originals. With mega metagross in his arsenal, I really REALLY hope they won't lower the level down to Lv55. I'm hoping for the E4 to be around Lv56-58, and Steven at Lv60-62.

Years
    It's harder to level up in Hoenn but given the new leveling up mechanics it may now be easier, so to keep the E4 as a challenge they'll need to raise they're level, or at least keep them the level they were. I don't think they'll lower the level. Plus we have access to the Primal mascot...maybe.

blue

gucci
    Years
    The E4 levels & orders is one main thing concerning me about these games, even though it's not a major implication on the games.. it bothers me. With recent mechanics of the games we've seen the Elite Four being equally levelled being battled in an order of your choice, before this in Ruby & Sapphire it was still the progression mechanic which is much better IMO. With these being remakes, I'd like to think they would want to keep everything pretty much as original as possible, including the levels and teams for the E4, having said that obviously the exception of new Hoenn evolutions such as Dusknoir is reasonable.

In the original Ruby & Sapphire we saw the level range from Level 46 right upto Level 58, that's more of a challenge as it has a level curve rather than no increase at all, with ORAS I'm hoping they do the same again.. otherwise they would have to alter the levels of the Gym Leaders too which would cause some disruption to the level curve in the game as a whole. I don't think they would remove (and reduce) any Pokémon on their teams down to 4, Sidney as an example has Mightyena, Sharpedo, Shiftry, Cacturne and Absol all of which are Hoenn Pokémon, and I can't see any of them being dropped from his team for any good reason. Guess we'll have to wait and see but I'm really hoping they don't change the system for this.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Pikachu is probably just a stand alone customizable pokemon that keeps those outfits in and out of battle/contests/amie and stuff like that. I could see it happening.

If Pikachu is the only one with costumes, I would be angry. I guess that they won't keep their costumes in battles, but I would love that. I play these things for 100's of hours. Dressing up my mons would keep things fresh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back