• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals Alolan Grimer, new evolutions and more!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm still thinking it's going to be fake. It looks to off and the leaker is to suspicious.

Although I still want this design I came up with to happen if grimer gets and Alolan form and this is fake.
    CoroCoro reveals Alolan Grimer, new evolutions and more!

Could be either pure water, or my idea was that purification goes wrong and corrupts grimer and muk a bit.

To be honest, I always expected water or fire for a grimer Alolan form if it were to happen.

Years
    I'm kinda doubting this CoroCoro is fake since it was shown on Serebii, and they always only post stuff from official or legitimate sources.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    The design isn't bad but I was hoping for a part typing like Poison/Ground. Dark doesn't make sense for it to me other than removing a weakness...why not groundd?

But I'm interested to see what Alolan Muk looks like.

Years
    Hikari, something to keep in mind is that it isn't the first time Serebii accidentally reported a fake CoroCoro issue. I don't remember exactly the first time this occurred, but I knew it happened previously. Probably in fifth gen, perhaps? Serebii also mentions that all other information is unconformed until images surface, so we really have to be careful, here.

I remember Serebii posting about the pictures that leaked Servine, Serperior, Pignite, Emboar, Dewott and Samurott and everyone believed they were fakes at first. But what I was saying is that Serebii mostly tends to try and only post from official sources.

We'll just wait for the rest of the scans to come out to determine its legitimacy or not.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm kinda doubting this CoroCoro is fake since it was shown on Serebii, and they always only post stuff from official or legitimate sources.
    Hikari, something to keep in mind is that it isn't the first time Serebii accidentally reported a fake CoroCoro issue. I don't remember exactly the first time this occurred, but I knew it happened previously. Probably in fifth gen, perhaps? Serebii also mentions that all other information is unconformed until images surface, so we really have to be careful, here.

Correct, brought this up earlier elsewhere. There's been two times:

This was from BW, that Joe and many others fell for:

Spoiler:

And there was this one from X and Y's era:
    Spoiler:

Years
    I don't remember that second pic. The protagonist selection screen looked stupid anyway since X/Y was a full-3D game and they would have changed it up drastically, which ended up being the case.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    We'll just have to wait and see. It is odd that we're waiting quite a while (relatively) for more scans after the first image. But some points made on that thread link aren't exactly a worry to me (overlapping pokemon images - this has happened before. Difference in how they state the typing - have CoroCoro always been consistent? We don't get the typing sometimes to begin with!)

Certainly Serebii tried to avoid posting fakes, fwiw.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Wow so the leaker was just trollish...

Type: Null's evo looks ****ing BADASS

However I have to agree with this. Based on it's description, I say it's a friendship based evolution. Question is how do we get Type Null.

And Janga-mo's evolutions are cool. Middle is strange, but the final looks pretty cool.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    As I've mentioned before, this has happened with the Lycanroc CoroCoro leak when we got an additional scan the day after.

So that's what Type: Null's evolution looks like, and it's just a bigger version of itself minus the helmet (giving me Gen 1 vibes). And it looks like Janga-mo really is this gen's pseudo-legendary.

Years
    I just saw the new scans.

That Type: Null evolution looks very badass! If Type: Null itself is 6'03" already I could imagine this thing being huge. Just my assumption though. It apparently gets a new item called Memory which changes its type randomly with its new AR System ability. Also learns a new move called Multi Attack, which also changes type based on its held item.

Jangmo-o's evolutions look neat as well, taking a bipedal direction as it evolves and well, gaining even more scales. Can't exactly read the type boxes, but based on that earlier assumption they are probably Dragon/Fighting.

Now the question that lies is if Jangmo-o will be the pseudo-legendary? We know it ticks one of the boxes (3 stage evolution line) but then there's the chance it could pull an Axew on us and not be a pseudo-legend. If this line is the pseudo-legend, this makes it the first time that an entire pseudo-legendary line has been revealed before the game release.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    More news. :)

Alohan Grimer looks ok and the yellow around the mouth is a nice touch. Don't think I will use it though. Shiny Form I can see being black.

The new Dragon Pokemon looks pretty good. I might use it depending on when it's obtainable. Dragon/Fighting is an intriguing new typing.

Talking of new typings I hope we get a Grass/Fire Type in Sun/Moon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Type: Null's evo redeems its pre-evolution a little bit. Might end up using it in a subsequent playthrough! But as for my first playthrough, Jangmo-o DEFINITELY earned a spot on my team.

Years
    I'm surprised we still haven't found out what Alolan Grimer's ability is. Maybe the trailer on Friday might cover that?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Alright time for me to say my thoughts on this.

Alolan Grimer, kind of indifferent because I never really cared for the Grimer line anyways (although a lava or water one could have been cool). I can see Guzma using an Alolan Muk.

I didn't expect Type: Null to get an evolution, but I absolutely love it. I wonder what this will mean for it's lore though. And maybe Gladion will give us his Type: Null or let go of it?

I was really looking forward to seeing Jangmo-o's evolution, but I think this still needs to grow on me, maybe seeing an ingame model for it would make me like it more, but yes Dragon/Fighting! I was waiting for that type.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Alright time for me to say my thoughts on this.

Alolan Grimer, kind of indifferent because I never really cared for the Grimer line anyways (although a lava or water one could have been cool). I can see Guzma using an Alolan Muk.

I didn't expect Type: Null to get an evolution, but I absolutely love it. I wonder what this will mean for it's lore though. And maybe Gladion will give us his Type: Null or let go of it?

I was really looking forward to seeing Jangmo-o's evolution, but I think this still needs to grow on me, maybe seeing an ingame model for it would make me like it more, but yes Dragon/Fighting! I was waiting for that type.
    It looks like Gladion evolves his type: Null by the looks of the bottom pics in the type: Null page(s).

Back