• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Debate Covid Passports

Years
  • After seeing stuff about Florida and Texas pretty much ban Covid Passports, I hope that we can have a civil debate over these.

Would you support Covid Passports if they became a thing in your state?

Years
  • Personally I would feel that they would be necessary for traveling, whether by air or via a cruise ship. Aside from that, I couldn't care less about them.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Could you clarify what you mean by a covid passport? I'm unfamiliar with the term.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Sounds like a good idea. Possible concerns:

1. Inequalities regarding vaccine availability. Refers mainly to other countries without many doses, but possibly poor access in parts of the United States too.
    2. Implementation. How long do passports last? How will they be issued and verified?
    3. What about people who are unable to receive the vaccine due to medical concerns? (May or may not be unwise for them to travel regardless. Does not know all the groups this pertains to.)

Years
  • I'd prefer that these 'passports' can take the form of yellow WHO paper slips like what's required for dengue and yellow fever vaccinations for certain countries.

Years
    • Seen today
    I feel indifferent, but I can see it angering the groups against the vaccination.

Years
  • Sounds like a good idea. Possible concerns:

1. Inequalities regarding vaccine availability. Refers mainly to other countries without many doses, but possibly poor access in parts of the United States too.
    2. Implementation. How long do passports last? How will they be issued and verified?
    3. What about people who are unable to receive the vaccine due to medical concerns? (May or may not be unwise for them to travel regardless. Does not know all the groups this pertains to.)
    You do have some good points there.

As for my opinion on the matter, I wouldn't be against it if you plan on going on flights and cruises. As for other activities a recent Covid test would suffice for the unvaccinated.

Years
  • They provide vax records here too. Personally I wouldn't travel anywhere in a pandemic and I can see it being unfair for the reasons stated. My province has mostly rural communities, so getting it is a bit harder for them.
    Also, vaccinations aren't 100% and many people are skipping their second, so honestly it proves nothing. Just get a test and self isolate, 2 weeks isn't that long.

Back