• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    So, the gen 3 and 5 sections are the first victims to the uprising achromatic empire, I assume? If this keeps up, the whole forum's going to fall rather sooner than later. What do? {XD}

Congrats anyways :P

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Not whilst I'm still here to foil them plans.

Also r.i.p me for thinking all along that the July get-together wasn't a thing that happened irl. </3 I'm so silly.

Years
  • I had a tendency to spend at least around two hours at the mall every weekend at college (and i'm sure I will during my final semester, too) and never buy anything other than dinner (or lunch on Saturdays). I would usually go into the same four places every day (GameStop, the Apple store, Hot Topic, Dick's Sporting Goods and at least one other place, and sometimes I would cross the street to go to Best Buy).

Years
  • Whenever I go to the mall, I usually always make sure I don't go alone and have a good time with a friend, or some friends!

Usually I walk through Books-a-Million, Hot Topic, Spencer's (don't judge me), GameStop, and a local video game store known as R.U. Game (they specialize in older video games). I also always walk through the food court to see which food places have their free samples out as well XD

Years
  • We have a Spencer's in our mall as well, but I usually don't go there, although if I get some money I may see if they have any Pokémon-themed ballcaps there. Apparently there is supposed to be a video arcade opening there soon, so I really hope that is the case because I would go there ALL THE TIME.
    They have quite a bit of Pokémon merchandise to choose from, actually! I have a Charizard beanie in my wardrobe that came from Spencer's and I wore it like twice last year when it got "cold" (for Florida standards).

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • The closest mall to me is an outlet mall. After that, the closest one is in Everett. The last time I went to the Everett Mall was back in May on Free Comic Book Day. Course I did stop at other stores in the mall besides the Comic Stop. The other stores I stopped at were Anime World, Spencer's (where I bought a Warriors of Mandalore hat), and Wishes. Course after that I stopped at the food court for lunch and then saw Avengers Age of Ultron at the Regal Cinemas there.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I don't know anywhere near me where I can buy Pokémon stuff, though I should look at some point! germany doesn't have the same audience appeal that places like America and Japan have though.

Years
  • I know the fanbase we have over here isn't as big as the US or Japan, but Australian Pokefan presence is still solid. Sadly you'd literally have to look very far just to even get a plushie.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't know anywhere near me where I can buy Pokémon stuff, though I should look at some point! germany doesn't have the same audience appeal that places like America and Japan have though.
    True. I remember about a year ago I was looking for some random Pokemon TCG booster packs and after tons of stores I ended up in one near a train station, that was the only one where I could buy those. I also remember back in the early 2000s you could go into any stores and chances where high that they sold some Pokemon merchandise.

Not sure when and why they took all that stuff out, but if I had to guess, it's around the same time when our premiere free TV anime channel decided that nobody watches anime anymore and started exchanging these shows with sitcoms from the 90s and court room dramas...

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • True. I remember about a year ago I was looking for some random Pokemon TCG booster packs and after tons of stores I ended up in one near a train station, that was the only one where I could buy those. I also remember back in the early 2000s you could go into any stores and chances where high that they sold some Pokemon merchandise.

Not sure when and why they took all that stuff out, but if I had to guess, it's around the same time when our premiere free TV anime channel decided that nobody watches anime anymore and started exchanging these shows with sitcoms from the 90s and court room dramas...

Early 2000's were just a different time for Pokemon. It was crazy back then. When the anime/TCG and 1st gen of games were blowing up.. Man, America was covered in Pokemon.

Years
  • It didn't help that when Ruby & Sapphire came out, many people were quitting the Pokemon franchise around that time. However, some of them did recently come back...

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
  • Pokemon merch (Not just cards) is surging again, in my area at least. Gamestops are selling pokemon plushes on top of the small figures that come with stands and cases.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • So guys, I just spent 5 hours shopping at my local mall and I didn't get anything. :<

...Mostly just trying out my future laptop (hopefully) and just finding out GameStop's thing where I can trade in my PS3 for a PS4 and get $150 off the PS4! Nice stuff. ^_^

why aren't we related???

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    does this mean I have to trade in my wiiu next year? :(

Apparently there is something called an "install base" for the Wii U and 3DS so maybe not. Then again they're using a new hardware for it, so all previous stuff may not be compatible...

Years
  • The problems you face when you want to get a console but there's only one game you really want to play on it. A struggle everyday gamers face.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back