• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Chit-Chat (Extra Festive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Had some fog the morning I headed to the airport start of this week; happens every now and again I suppose. Thicker than usual. Not that it ever registers in GO. :V

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    There was a brief burst of fog on my drive home Sunday.

Years
    Taxi driver called me to ask for directions where exactly I was. When we got in the taxi she was shocked and said 'oh wow I thought you were Chinese when we were talking on the phone!.'

YUUUUUS.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    Definitely cool to walk to the bus stop at 7am when the fog is so thick I can only see 50 feet away

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i see fog in the early morning pretty often on my way to work. i remember walking in it during my school days while walking to the bus stop.

Sirfetch’d

It was really foggy here the other day. I had to drive about half the speed I normally would because I could not see more than a few feet in front of me. It's pretty scary driving through fog.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    Walking through fog: Cool, mysterious atmosphere
    Driving in fog: Oh my god I might ACTUALLY die

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    so what's driving through snow like

Daily Chit-Chat (Extra Festive)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ive never driven in the snow but my mom driving up the rocky mountains is still the most terrifying thing ever

Years
    I don't mind driving in the snow. We had our first snowfall here a few weeks back, it was fluffy luckily so it was simple enough to drive through

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I almost crashed my first car while driving on the snow.

It was a real junker - it was literally older than me by like 13 years - and the engine would sometimes just... die if I let the speed drop to low. I would have to idle at stop lights by holding down the break and lightly pumping the gas to keep the engine on. It was definitely not safe and questionably legal to drive this car.

Well, one time, it snowed really heavily the night before and the roads hadn't been cleared off before I had to go to school. So I was at a stoplight, and it turned green, and then I made the turn. As I was turning on the road, the engine died. I hit the breaks and suddenly my car started swerving all over the road. Me, a meek 17 year old, flipped the fuck out. I had no idea how to prevent this car from sliding directly into the row of parked cars on the road I was turning on to.

So, I pressed really hard on the breaks and threw the car into park. I would not recommend doing this unless you literally have any other choice, because the car stopped so hard that it felt like I'd slammed directly into a brick wall. I got it working after that, but I absolutely told my mom that a new car was a necessity.

Years
    I almost crashed my first car while driving on the snow.

It was a real junker - it was literally older than me by like 13 years - and the engine would sometimes just... die if I let the speed drop to low. I would have to idle at stop lights by holding down the break and lightly pumping the gas to keep the engine on. It was definitely not safe and questionably legal to drive this car.

Well, one time, it snowed really heavily the night before and the roads hadn't been cleared off before I had to go to school. So I was at a stoplight, and it turned green, and then I made the turn. As I was turning on the road, the engine died. I hit the breaks and suddenly my car started swerving all over the road. Me, a meek 17 year old, flipped the fuck out. I had no idea how to prevent this car from sliding directly into the row of parked cars on the road I was turning on to.

So, I pressed really hard on the breaks and threw the car into park. I would not recommend doing this unless you literally have any other choice, because the car stopped so hard that it felt like I'd slammed directly into a brick wall. I got it working after that, but I absolutely told my mom that a new car was a necessity.

holy shit that is terrifying lol I'm glad you were able to get it working after that tho. Oof.

Years
    That's scary...junker cars aren't always the way to go, especially if it's something like that that tales a lot of fenagling to get it to work at all

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    There's a cold front moving in at midnight... expect it to last 15 days, and not a day more or less.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back