• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Chit-Chat (Extra Festive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I think often movies do the horror genre a massive disservice. Most horror movies rely on gore and jump-scare tactics which often come off as predictable and try-hard. I'd even say most horror movies ultimately come off as being quite trashy too also relying on common tropes like 'the final girl' and having to have some romance storyline.

The best big-budget horror movie in recent times that I think truly captured the essence of what the genre should be on film is The Strangers.

Most of the time I'll just stick with books or anime if I want a taste of true horror.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I'm pretty turned off of scary stuff right now i think. Too much scary stuff just happens in my life nowadays, and i just wanna happily think about my love for korrina and cute things now...

....well.

I suppose some halloween stuff is a little fun to watch on youtube. I duno.

I suppose, nowadays, i'm not really sure what i'm that into.

I just want my life to be peaceful and happy is all i know ^_^; as for fictional scary stuff, theres the comfort its not happening in real life....(though getting nightmares can still hurt like **** lol)

Years
I think often movies do the horror genre a massive disservice. Most horror movies rely on gore and jump-scare tactics which often come off as predictable and try-hard. I'd even say most horror movies ultimately come off as being quite trashy too also relying on common tropes like 'the final girl' and having to have some romance storyline.

The best big-budget horror movie in recent times that I think truly captured the essence of what the genre should be on film is The Strangers.

Most of the time I'll just stick with books or anime if I want a taste of true horror.

I haven't seen The Strangers but it looks p good. Let me know if you watch Hereditary. I think it's so fantastic. /rambles

Years
I haven't seen The Strangers but it looks p good. Let me know if you watch Hereditary. I think it's so fantastic. /rambles

I don't actually watch movies much these days in general actually haha. But I'll make a mental note for that one if I'm in the right mood, thanks!

LadyJirachu

Years
I wanna get a lot of all natural sweets to snack on this halloween xD

The candy part appeals to me more than the scariness.

But I can't have candy with artifical additives, so i'm not trick or treating xD We'll just be buying me natural stuff instead. Hopefully my mom will get me enough to be satisfying :3 But i'll try to have gratitude for whatever i do get....(afterall i used to be some-what alergic-ish to sugar a few years ago anyways. even though i eat a lot of it now and seem just fine O.o *shrug* Foods effecting how your brain works when you have autism is strange....)

Years

OMG YOU NEED TO WATCH IT!!!! The Strangers is one of my favourite movies, as mentioned previously it really captures the essence of the genre and it makes you remain scared hours after watching it which in my eyes marks the success of said film.

Years
OMG YOU NEED TO WATCH IT!!!! The Strangers is one of my favourite movies, as mentioned previously it really captures the essence of the genre and it makes you remain scared hours after watching it which in my eyes marks the success of said film.
I'll have to add it to my queue
If I was to watch a horror movie, it would be Cabin in the Woods. It seems funny
CitW is pretty aight. Not bad.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Hereditary was amazing.

Not as good as The Witch, though.

Last edited:
Years
I can't watch the Nun. Conjuring 2 was bad enough with that creepy nun I had nightmares about that thing

LadyJirachu

Years
I once had a really neat nightmare about my house becoming some swirly checkered bazare zone type of place and my family went missing :O

I remember that dream was just so scary I actually found it quite awesome after i got over the shock of having it lol

I was a slight nightmare fetishist that one year, though....
(also i remember i used to be very into halloween and not just for the candy that year too :P soooo i've also had moments where i liked scary things. but, by default, i gennerally prefer cute eastery type stuff to stuff thats more halloween-y. though theres some scary anime i rather like.....madoka majika is pretty dang cool lol xD Not rebellion so much though o_O;;; )

But, if things stay calm enough for me this october, celebrating halloween again in general could be rather fun. I mean, holidays are meant to be fun, ya know? and i guess it would be bland if i just ate sweets i don't normally get xD i mean, in general, i eat sweets a lot (generally nutrition bars but yeah), holidays or not, soooo....not so special? *shrug*

Last edited:
Years
most of my nightmares these days have sort of grown up with me? like they're mostly real life events that have gone wrong.

pkmin3033

I have more nightmares than dreams these days...usually based off old memories, only with things being even more stressful than they were at the time for some reason.

Also, swarms of locusts, zombies, and giant snakes. Usually no more than one. But it's the drowning ones that scare me the most =x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back