• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hassan_Abdillah

Wayfarer
Years
  • Im intimidated by the amount of technical discussion around the table. Im no technology geek, I can tell my keyboard apart from my mouse and thats <hopefully> all the pragmatic knowledge I would ever require of technology :-p

Speaking of MMOs, does anyone even play them anymore? Or at least, any good ones? .__.;

Well I used to play Ragnarok Online a lot, my previous PC crashed so Im downloading it again. I played it from the RebirthRO server. Yeah twas pretty good Id say, just a bit hard to find chatty people ^^

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've tried a bunch of MMO's but I find them kinda boring. I've never liked one enough to get hooked on it or addicted. :s I'm not social on them which kind of defeats the whole point, lol.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I have 190GB free out of 220GB. Why do people need such high storage capabilities?

Programs and applications keep getting better and bigger. Eventually we'll have mainstream SSDs around that same capacity. Probably before the time I start a college graduate program. Also applies for RAM getting bigger, and processors getting faster. Not to mention hardware is also shrinking at the same time.

Years
  • I have... five internals and an external. XD;

External is 34GB/500
    (D:)57/160
    (E:)10/308
    (F:)35/127
    (G:)112/337
    (Z:)283/337

I've also got an almost full 32GB USB, as well as quite a few untouched 2GB and 1GB USBs. :P

I havn't played any MMOs in quite a while. Not that much of a PC gamer tbh.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I never understood the appeal of MMO's :/ my best friends all play Starcraft, WoW, Guild Wars, etc and that's the main reason why I haven't seen them this entire winter break. I dunno, I like my ds games and i'll stick to those!

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • MMOs feel more like work to me rather than a game. I tried WoW and it seemed like it was mostly "go kill 50 goblins" or "go collect 15 piles of bat dung", which I hate in games anyway...so why would I want to pay $15 a month to do that for hours a day?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    so if they werent guild quests(or whatever theyre called) and were actually part of the main storyline, would you not mind as much? jw

Years
  • I never understood the appeal of MMO's :/ my best friends all play Starcraft, WoW, Guild Wars, etc and that's the main reason why I haven't seen them this entire winter break. I dunno, I like my ds games and i'll stick to those!

^ this.

A lot of my friends seem to be getting into MMOs, one or two of them seem to fall off the face of social earth because they seemed to get so hooked on them. I never really saw the appeal either, but I just worry about them letting the game get a hold of their lives.

But it's really their decision, and a habit they really ought to get out of if they are really just letting the game control their everyday life.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    See, I would never pay money to do it either, and my friends complain about it ALL the time because they have to budget for school and stuff. And I also don't like how it gets so prioritized over most things, it's always: school, work, and then MMO game, and maybe if i'm lucky I get to see them :/

like I get games are a ton of fun, but not when they're all you do.

Years
  • It's especially bad when people like that want to fork over money for MMOs. I know a few people who practically live off their parents to pay for little trinkets they can get in the games and then they'd play them even longer.

Actually, it was only the other night that one of them told me they had stayed up about 4 nights in the row just playing their MMO...then went ahead and nagged about how their parents is getting on their case.

Any concerned parent would do that, I would as well if I saw my child spend long hours on a strenuous game...tiring their eyes, making themselves mentally tired, not getting the exercise that they need...

Even spending quite a bit of hard earned money fuelling their child's addiction needs.

Years
  • @ kyoko: Starcraft isn't an mmo. It's just a really addicting RTS that's great to play with friends. Its one of the best social PC games of all time, in addition to being a good game on its own. But my firends are all gamers so playing games is our way of socializing. None of us play any mmos, though.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
  • I've tried WoW before and I was bored after a couple minutes.. I don't get why people get addicted to them. And its not right for parents to have to pay the money for their kids to play MMOs. If they want to play them so bad they need to get off their butts and get jobs (Yes, I know its easier said then done but there is always mowing grass, triming bushes, racking leaves, ect.). So they can play for it themselves.

I play Farmville on rare occasions but I don't think that's a MMO.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I've been playing WoW for 4 years now, and at the moment, I'm not playing it but I can say it's really fun. Like I get that you have to pay for it and such, but in my opinion, it's worth it.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • If you're getting addicted to an MMO (or any game for that matter) to the point that your social life goes into decline, well, to put it bluntly, you're doing it wrong.

Years
  • I can't stand WoW.
    I never got hooked on it even though I played it to see what all the fuss was about but no joy.

I guess it is like marmite for people, you either love it or hate it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back