• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    i was so sad too

realising I'd spent all that time downloading the game and copying it to my MicroSD for such little result was depressing

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh, I've got to play PMD again. Explorers of Time, I think I played. I didn't get very far, but the music, oh the music. It's too cute.

Games should have good music. It's a big part of it all.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'm doing a run through of PMD right now and it's very easy compared to Time. Time was very hard, but made it MUCH more rewarding because of it.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Finally, I enter the DCC to see we're not talking about the weather. :P

I beat Blue Rescue Team, and I even tried to catch'em all in it. But I eventually gave up on that, especially since Celebi is such a pain to get in that game. I haven't purchased any of the more recent PMD games, and I don't think I ever will. I prefer the main RPG games much more.

And I have to agree with Chibi Pelippers; the music is a big part of a game. I especially like the music from the Zelda games, which definitely contributes to how much I like the series.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    As much as I don't like the Zelda games, I do like their tunes, which the Zelda Development Team likes to recycle as much as the gameplay formula.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Wow, Zelda has some haters. XD

Though I'm not really surprised. The same storyline has been repeated for over twenty years now. Some of the ones I liked more were the ones that slightly broke the mold, like Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks. They both introduced aspects of gameplay and/or storyline that gave a new feel to the games. However yes, the core themes are pretty well constant. But then again, so are Pokémon's.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • K, gonna reply to everything in one post.

I saw Toy Story 3 online completely by accident; i've never played any Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Dragonquest games; I want to buy Cpt Fabio a pint; Zelda games are meh; I want to see The Social Network (Maybe i'll "accidentally" find it online again ololol); and I agree this is all a nice change from the weather.

Aaaaaaaand done -exhales-

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • never cried in a video game or movie or tv show or anything, the australian video game industry is too ridiculous to buy every game you want, zelda's alright i guess and How To Train Your Dragon is the best movie of all time.

Rafflesia

i26
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    I cry during most video games that kill off a character that I either found attractive or bonded with throughout the game because I'm like, emotionally challenged or something. Some examples are:
    Spoiler:

There are a ton of others but I don't feel like typing anymore.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I finished Shadow of the Colossus about a month ago and I honestly felt worse killing the collosi than anything else. Most of them were just lying around minding their own business. Didn't really care for Agro to be honest.
    Zack was a different story though, I loved him. He seemed to be the only likable cheery character in the whole Final Fantasy VII series.

Dragon Quest V and NieR were the two games that made me cry more than once, and NieR gets a special mention because the NG+ is even more depressing, and got me to get teary eyed at the same event despite it happening quite recently(a normal playthrough is about 40 hours and NG+ puts you about halfway through the game).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    You're not the only one, Erik. You're not the only one. I too, cried when it first happen. Now I just don't give a damn about the anime anymore, haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back