• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    thanks Nick. A power nap did it help my blood to settle a little bit better but it's nice to know that there is someone out for me as well. I do appreciate it.

in regards to that new article, I'm actually incredibly happy that /b/ finally did something useful for the first time in a while. When you get really sick of Mac users yammering about their technology, its really nice and relieving to read this and watch their idiocy get exposed. I hope it didn't break their phones though, honestly speaking. There is a point to where it does become overkill in any situation.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    I'd love to use Post-It's but mine generally just depict bizarre and/or inappropriate drawings and hang off my Mac for a few days before I throw them out. :(

Years
    I use post-it notes from a sorority that I'm not in anymore. It gives me great joy to use their stuff when I'm not "supposed" to. When I quit that sorority, they asked for my sorority pin back. That thing was about $200, made of real gold and pearls. Needless to say I told them to get lost.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Post it notes are great for making flip books. But I've never really found any other use for them.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I like them for their function as tiny, simplistic notepads - no extra stuff like cardboard or binding. Like when I was looking for a new desk I was walking around my workplace and writing down ones I wanted to look into, and I didn't want to walk behind a bunch of people writing things on a giant notepad because that's pretty creepy.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I use post-it notes from a sorority that I'm not in anymore. It gives me great joy to use their stuff when I'm not "supposed" to. When I quit that sorority, they asked for my sorority pin back. That thing was about $200, made of real gold and pearls. Needless to say I told them to get lost.

Why'd you end up quitting the sorority?

Years
    Why'd you end up quitting the sorority?

When I originally joined, there were a lot of cool people I got along with. Two years later, everyone I was tight with had graduated and I found the newer members to be very cliqueish and unfriendly to me. It was like I was in a totally different sorority all of a sudden. So I decided to quit. I also was having problems affording the dues.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    When I originally joined, there were a lot of cool people I got along with. Two years later, everyone I was tight with had graduated and I found the newer members to be very cliqueish and unfriendly to me. It was like I was in a totally different sorority all of a sudden. So I decided to quit. I also was having problems affording the dues.

Makes sense. Did you end up pawning the pin? I would have haha

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022

Wow, you were legitimately in a sorority. I hate people too much to be in one. Too picky about my friends as well.

My imagination of sorority is always what those College freshman movies depict. Or movies like Neighbors with Seth Rogen and Zak Effron.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    College here is like a 6 year extension of high school. Live with your parents, get drunk on weekends with the friends, and maybe have a 9-5 job on the weekdays as well.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    College/University over here is nothing really too special. Then again I wouldn't know, I made it through six months and dropped out. Currently looking at going back and doing a course of some sort but I have no idea what I'd do, and I'm pretty busy with my workload right now e.g. night shifts + Pokemon during the day. D:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think that it's hard to judge college in an entire country based on a few experiences, because colleges are so different. The local college that my sister went to, most of the kids were within an hour of the school and thus lived at home, most of the kids had no plans of leaving this area, and most of the kids were partiers. Meanwhile at my school, the kids came from all over the world and lived in dorms and off-campus alone, and very few planned on going back to their hometown after graduation.

Years
    Wow, you were legitimately in a sorority. I hate people too much to be in one. Too picky about my friends as well.

My imagination of sorority is always what those College freshman movies depict. Or movies like Neighbors with Seth Rogen and Zak Effron.

Sororities and fraternities can be kind of awesome sometimes and also just really, really awful. One of my friends who was in another sorority was raped by someone in their partner fraternity, and not only did that sorority allow that guy at their functions (they knew), they actually pressured my friend not to press charges because "it could hurt our relationship with the fraternity."

IDK about the living with parents part. I didn't know anyone at my university that actually lived with their parents - most of us were from out of the area or if we were from the area we preferred to live on our own.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I guess it's like a brotherhood, like the mob. You look after your own no matter what horrible things they've done.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    I just found my old PE2K account from 2011 and went through the post history. I both cringed, and nearly broke down crying at home innocent and young I was.

Whatever happened to that place anyway? Used to use it a lot for sprites and now it's just... Vanished. Not that I carePC Master Race >.> <.<

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    I just found my old PE2K account from 2011 and went through the post history. I both cringed, and nearly broke down crying at home innocent and young I was.

Whatever happened to that place anyway? Used to use it a lot for sprites and now it's just... Vanished. Not that I carePC Master Race >.> <.<

Most of the peeps migrated into Pokemon Crossroads.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Finding posts from when you're young is so cringeworthy. Less so as you get older - 19 to 16 is really bad, 16 to 13 is worse, but 22 to 19 isn't that bad.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Yeah reading my facebook updates from when I was 14-16 was horrifying. I got a little better at 17 and now I can view my 18yo posts without facepalming.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back