• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

God, I haven't played with Legos in so long.

I used to make little starships out of them and make them battle each other in a Star Wars-esque space battle. Pew- pewpewpewpew - BOOM! Heh heh, fun times.

Years
  • I'm making my girlfriend a carbot zergling plushie as well as a Jake (from Adventure Time) plushie for Christmas/birthday. I don't know if I can get to Jake though, because I'll be doing it without a template or tutorial :( I also hope she doesn't happen upon this site and reveals my plans ;;

Years
  • And while Kanzler's actually making plushies for his girlfriend, I haven't even thought about what to get my friends.

I'm such a good friend. But seriously, I need to get on to that.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Legos were cool, man. My sister always wanted to roleplay with them, which kind of both bothered me and filled in a purpose for building. The mediation over rare pieces was awful.

Speaking of roleplaying with toys with my sister when we were kids, I ended up getting out all of our plush dolls out of my closet earlier today and setting them up nicely, on my... floor. I have too many, I need shelves.

I really need to get some jewelry for the royal family though! Lucario used to have a 14K gold bracelet for a crown, and Vulpix had something similar... I don't know. I should sort that out for display purposes.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I feel like Legos have made a huge comeback over these last few years; they've been a huge hit in the media market with all of these movies, TV shows, and video game adaptions. They were pretty popular before, but they've exploded in entertainment value lately.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Lego is all sets now though. They still sell the "build everything yourself, go wild" buckets but all they ever advertise is the sets to build movie scenes.

Years
  • Speaking of Legos, have you guys seen littleBits? they actually seem pretty cool, but are apparently quite expensive.

Daily Cross Chop

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Speaking of Legos, have you guys seen littleBits? they actually seem pretty cool, but are apparently quite expensive.

Daily Cross Chop

I have. If I recall correctly there are more professional-level products in a similar concept, something to do with embedded products or what... regardless, they're all toys. The way I see it, I'm not Gigabyte or Intel and don't personally need familiarity with functioning electronics beyond assembling them into PCs. It's likely why I ended up so much closer to software as you can get intimate with it to that extent. PC hardware is very surface level.

Years
  • I have. If I recall correctly there are more professional-level products in a similar concept, something to do with embedded products or what... regardless, they're all toys. The way I see it, I'm not Gigabyte or Intel and don't personally need familiarity with functioning electronics beyond assembling them into PCs. It's likely why I ended up so much closer to software as you can get intimate with it to that extent. PC hardware is very surface level.

They got me when I saw it glows in the dark lol.
    I have seen somewhere a picture of these bits being put into computer, I think.
    I dont know, if I had them I'd use it for useless stuff that would somehow entertain my brain.
    It's glowing on one end and spinning on the other. Enough for me lol

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • They got me when I saw it glows in the dark lol.
    I have seen somewhere a picture of these bits being put into computer, I think.
    I dont know, if I had them I'd use it for useless stuff that would somehow entertain my brain.
    It's glowing on one end and spinning on the other. Enough for me lol

Legos, littleBits, plush dolls... all just reminders that kid me enjoyed things for the mere novelty of them. I miss that sort of naïveté that I had as a kid. I loved those things, and now they're just useless. I'd play with them if I could, but adult brain says there's no need, or that I'm busy, or that I have things to do, or I could be doing something both fun and productive........

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I love giving, I love receiving gifts too but giving is something else. Being able to make someone happy and surprise them and seeing the look on their face is the whole point for me. That's why it frustrates me as well when I can't find a fitting gift for someone lol. But it's really rewarding in the end!!

Am I really off-topic here? Haha, I used to play with Legos I guess? But I feel like they don't give you room to make whatever you want anymore.

Years
  • Legos, littleBits, plush dolls... all just reminders that kid me enjoyed things for the mere novelty of them. I miss that sort of naïveté that I had as a kid. I loved those things, and now they're just useless. I'd play with them if I could, but adult brain says there's no need, or that I'm busy, or that I have things to do, or I could be doing something both fun and productive........

Ah right, yeah that sucks. I managed to keep the childishness in me and am able to just turn off the part of the brain that tell me if something is not useful in a way it could become something productive, its not worth my time. I think you should try to just relax a bit. I know its easies said than done.

I love giving, I love receiving gifts too but giving is something else. Being able to make someone happy and surprise them and seeing the look on their face is the whole point for me. That's why it frustrates me as well when I can't find a fitting gift for someone lol. But it's really rewarding in the end!!

Am I really off-topic here? Haha, I used to play with Legos I guess? But I feel like they don't give you room to make whatever you want anymore.

That's nice :D

You're not offtopic. Not on this thread lol.

Years
  • Me too, as I said in Club Holly Jolly I don't like that I can never find something that I feel others might want. But I was at Dick's Sporting Goods and got my brother a sweat jacket and $50 gift card there, I considered getting him a 3DS and Smash instead, but I didn't know if he would want that. If I could have thought of something interesting for my parents I think I would have went for that.

Years
  • haha Dick's

All I really want for Christmas is a little bit of peace and quiet, after this tough semester and all. Nostalgic toy things can stay in the past.

Years
  • Legos, littleBits, plush dolls... all just reminders that kid me enjoyed things for the mere novelty of them. I miss that sort of naïveté that I had as a kid. I loved those things, and now they're just useless. I'd play with them if I could, but adult brain says there's no need, or that I'm busy, or that I have things to do, or I could be doing something both fun and productive........

I get that, too. We're old bruh oh nooo

I always preferred Hot Wheels and RC cars over Legos though. To really build something out of Legos required a focus I never had.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'll be getting some tarantulas for Christmas. Some new OW species, which should be really nice.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I get that, too. We're old bruh oh nooo

I always preferred Hot Wheels and RC cars over Legos though. To really build something out of Legos required a focus I never had.

I did Hot Wheels until I was about four, Legos until about 8 (12 if you count holding back for my sister), and Pokémon canon from about 6 to 14. I'm just one of those Bug Maniacs or creepy Collectors about Pokémon now - I've lost the shimmering youth of a Youngster or a Bug Catcher.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Yesss Hot Wheels. I had a whole Hot Wheels world set in my basement as a kid. A whole town thing with big roads that could connect to those loop-de-loop normal tracks. Makes for a really outrageous highway. A shot a car through a parking garage once

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Yesss Hot Wheels. I had a whole Hot Wheels world set in my basement as a kid. A whole town thing with big roads that could connect to those loop-de-loop normal tracks. Makes for a really outrageous highway. A shot a car through a parking garage once

I was the kid who coloured my road sets black with a sharpie. Boy did I love sharpies. I made such a vandal mess with those things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back