• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Christmas is all about buying things. Didn't you know?

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    it's just so funny that archie, a comic rooted in Traditional Values & the 50s and whatever, had to keep up with the modern generation in such a way

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Put Krampus back in Christmas.

Fortunately we have things called DVR and Netflix, so we don't always have to sit and watch every single commercial and listen to every single song. I do find pleasure though in the charities who manage to find all of the old fat white guys with beards and deep voices and sit them inside of every grocery store and say ho ho ho and ring a ling a ding a ling their little bells.

Years
    Garfield and Peanuts are both classics and I read them all the time growing up. Probably was a bigger fan of Garfield though.

As much as I like Peanuts though, Christmas Time Is Here is one of the all-time dreariest Christmas songs ever and I'm not that big of a fan.

Im just going to add in Alan Ford. The only comics I've ever been reading were Garfield and Alan Ford.
    Garfield was so fun, you dont need to think, you just laugh.

Alan Ford has an atmosphere which I love. It's all about mystery, cold weather and New York.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I feel rather young not knowing much about comic strips, actually... maybe it's for the best.

I think a American culture and it's preoccupation with doing things "your way" and that way always involving the shortest path possible has led to the downfall of a lot of long-standing hallmarks of the culture itself. Manga is a testament that visual novels are not dead, and that points the finger to us as to why no one hear reads much anymore. Nothing sublime about a book, so let's just watch TV. I have a feeling this thing wasn't set up for success... maybe having a revolutionary war as a means to found a country from nothing wasn't such a good idea.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I'm kind of late on this but I can play Linus and Lucy on piano and I do it a lot this time of year. I looooove that song. such nostalgia.

watching the cartoons again now they kind of suck but again there's a lot of warm fuzzy feelings associated with 'em so I still watch them.

Years
    Talking about Peanuts ay?

I apparently noticed Brendino changed his avatar to a pic of Charlie Brown and Linus. That is like definitely coincidental hahahahaha. But aside from that, I remember watching a bit of the old cartoon and it was alright but the one I always found adorable was cute dog Snoopy.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Never been a huge fan of peanuts myself.. but my aunt absolutely loves it! I give her Charlie-brown inspired gifts from time to time when I see something quirky I think she'd love.

I tend to find I do give a LOT during christmastime and in general to others.. I enjoy surprising people with a little something and I love sharing my thoughtfulness of others with them even if there's not an occasion. *shrug* Sometimes people just need that little pick me up and to be able to give that to them is meaningful imo..

Years
    I tend to find I do give a LOT during christmastime and in general to others.. I enjoy surprising people with a little something and I love sharing my thoughtfulness of others with them even if there's not an occasion. *shrug* Sometimes people just need that little pick me up and to be able to give that to them is meaningful imo..

So can you clone yourself and send some of you around the world? Thanks.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    No, I don't think it's as much of that, really.

I don't do Christmas, but then again I do. Really though, if I care about you and can provide a gift for some need or honest want, expect it. If you don't receive something it likely means we're not close enough, or I'm broke.

...I'm really trying to tackle that last thing too, lol. I really want to be a generous person but I can't make things happen as often as I'd like... <<

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    So what do you guys have on your Christmas' lists?

Underwear. Not even joking.. I had noticed mine was getting a little bit tatty and mom likes to send something physical in the mail so I've asked her to send me some!

Other than that.. bits of random things actually! I want to get myself a black cardigan and a pedicure. Bit boring, I know.. but I'm always chilly and I haven't had a pedi in a good 4 years so I'd really look forward to one.

Forgetting what else I want, really.. I am thinking more about what to get other people than myself..

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I've asked for money. I can't really think of anything I want or need, except a 3ds and a long list of mtg cards, but I doubt I'd get either of those from anyone in my family, so money is the only thing on my list this year.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Never been a huge fan of peanuts myself.. but my aunt absolutely loves it! I give her Charlie-brown inspired gifts from time to time when I see something quirky I think she'd love.

Does your aunt have this?

Daily Cross Chop

(I do :D)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Underwear. Not even joking.. I had noticed mine was getting a little bit tatty and mom likes to send something physical in the mail so I've asked her to send me some!

Other than that.. bits of random things actually! I want to get myself a black cardigan and a pedicure. Bit boring, I know.. but I'm always chilly and I haven't had a pedi in a good 4 years so I'd really look forward to one.

Forgetting what else I want, really.. I am thinking more about what to get other people than myself..

I do the same thing! I've spent sooo long trying to come up with what to get my boyfriend and mom that I get downright annoyed when they start asking me what I want. I don't care what do YOU want mom god!

I just went to a German-based market in the city and finally got my mom's gift though - a hand-crafted wooden clock from Germany :) I also got my super picky aunt some marzipan honey which is great because I loved it when I sampled it so if she gets picky and decides she doesn't want it I can eat it myself!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back