• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Black Friday is so much fun.

Last Black Friday was the first time I ever did anything for it, and my friend texted me after I got done work because I was so bored and she was like let's do something, so around like 2 am when the stores started clearing, we just wandered around in the malls and found some really amazing deals, actually.

And the hustle and bustle was so exciting, too.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Once I went to Fifth Avenue in NYC for Black Friday. Just to say I've done it. :) I'm hoping this year boyfriend buys a new TV so I can buy his old one from him for cheap and get rid of this 22" dwarf TV!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Once I went to Fifth Avenue in NYC for Black Friday. Just to say I've done it. :) I'm hoping this year boyfriend buys a new TV so I can buy his old one from him for cheap and get rid of this 22" dwarf TV!

I read that as "this year's boyfriend" and thought wow trollop

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I read that as "this year's boyfriend" and thought wow trollop

I choose boyfriends based on what expensive electronics they have that they'll sell to me cheap later. On an unrelated note, you have a Macbook right?

Wanna hook up ;)

Years
  • More sinister deals going on here than on Black Friday: Only on PC.
    I try to avoid shopping on Black Friday. People camping out and then bum rushing for a TV or PC is kinda much imo. I work at Target in the electronic section, and people have tried to haggle prices down further than they're marked. It's pretty amusing

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    More sinister deals going on here than on Black Friday: Only on PC.
    I try to avoid shopping on Black Friday. People camping out and then bum rushing for a TV or PC is kinda much imo. I work at Target in the electronic section, and people have tried to haggle prices down further than they're marked. It's pretty amusing

That does sound pretty fun, especially with the idea in mind that you're not gonna sell it to them for lower than it's listed.

Annoying after a while, but fun nonetheless.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Can I just talk about fake holidays some more because I just saw a whole circular for my local store selling desserts for SWEETEST DAY. Including cookie cakes with "Happy Sweetest Day" on them. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS.

Apparently it's only really in this area of the country. Let's all rally against Sweetest Day.

Sir Codin

Black Friday kind of is an awful invention.

Speaking of Black Friday, anyone ever watch South Park's season 17 Black Friday trilogy? Man, when Trey and Matt want to get a point across, they don't let up.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Can I just talk about fake holidays some more because I just saw a whole circular for my local store selling desserts for SWEETEST DAY. Including cookie cakes with "Happy Sweetest Day" on them. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS.

Apparently it's only really in this area of the country. Let's all rally against Sweetest Day.
    What does this mean?

How do you celebrate?

Just eating sweets?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    What does this mean?

How do you celebrate?

Just eating sweets?

Yup. Apparently it's a holiday invented in the 20s literally by candy companies. The original one the companies gave a bunch of sweets to homeless/poor people which is kind of nice, but now it's just "buy sweet things!"

Of course the colors seem to be pink and red so they can push it as a Valentine's in October. So dumb.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    If I was homeless, candy is one of the last things I would want. I mean, I guess it's thoughtful, but..... candy has no nutritional value, it's arguably one of the worst foods to eat dentally speaking... It's like if I were to give a homeless guy gum. Here's something to chew on while you wish you had bread!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I do think there's some benefit to giving something that's a "luxury" to a homeless or poor person. They're still people, they still want to be able to eat a candy bar. Especially if it's a person with kids, because often kids either don't understand "we're too poor for candy" or the parents don't want to worry the kids with money troubles, so the kids want it.

Being poor doesn't mean you're happy living a life with nothing more than rice and beans every day for years, and I'm not one of the people that thinks those people should just accept being miserable in their lives and giving up everything because anything more than the absolute basics is wasting money they could have used in a more productive way.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Not very relevant to the actual topic, but speaking of homeless people...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmav517MQJc

Guy's homeless and basically picks up chicks 3 or 4 times/week to have somewhere to stay. Takes the homeless lifestyle to a completely new level.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah, it is pretty gross. I guess he gets a kick out of it, and in the end it's no different than dudes going out for the night with the express intent to get laid. Happens all the time. The real kicker here is that he's homeless and he has weird tricks to make himself not seem so, like the hair gel and whatever. Other than that hes basically a typical homeless dude spending his cash on drugs, alcohol, etc.

Years
  • While we were out in St. Louis tonight, we had passed by a homeless girl who was sitting on one end of the street. After we had come back from a calzone place for dinner, we passed by her again and my mom gave her the remaining half of my calzone since I didn't really want it.

I do wonder what happens to them that leads them living out on the streets, though. I'm not looking forward to the myriad of homeless that i'm more than likely going to be met with when I go to NYC in November, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back