• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily PokéCommunity Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

There is a lovely little apartment close to where I currently live with a mortgage of ?150k, but I don't have the 10% deposit I'd need for it...I worry sometimes that I'll be forever stuck at home. Or out on the street before I'm prepared.

Last edited:

TY

I dont think my parents want me to stay around for much longer than they have to. If they could they would kick me out for sure

pkmin3033

For all their other flaws, my parents are very understanding of my current situation - I'm not well enough to work full-time, I don't have much in the way of savings (and am not allowed to save over a certain amount of money or I will lose my benefits) and I have no friends I could live with...basically, I'm screwed. xD

TY

my parents love to crack me down whenever possible (probably to make me feel shit so i leave or smth idk).

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • my parents love to crack me down whenever possible (probably to make me feel shit so i leave or smth idk).
    Jesus, that is so sadly relatable for me? I really hate to admit it. Since I was 18 or so, my mother has had that very attitude, even though she says that she?s happy to support me until I?m 24 or whatever as long as I keep doing productive things on the computer (she thinks I always have been, it?s somewhat true lol).

The perception got even worse when my husband (boyfriend at the time) came to have an extended visit with me, and she got this stupid perception that he?s just some kid from the Far East looking for a green card. Her personal responsibility deteriorated, she continued doing shitty things to me, never realising that what pissed me off pissed him off too. Eventually it got so out of whack that we didn?t have running water because the water heater broke, and she couldn?t ask for it to be fixed because she was months behind on the rent. Huge mess on so many levels, both financially and emotionally? we were taking Lyfts to community centers to bathe.

We went to visit the in-laws in January, and their attitude about it was to move, even though it wasn?t the cheapest solution because my mother supported us for free. We?ve been a lot happier apart from all that.
    People who have kids need to be prepared to look after their kids, not just kick them out as soon as they turn 18.
    Yeah? but y?know, given my dad?s attitude is openly that, I wonder if it?s not actually worse to have someone who feigns ?supporting? you while completely wrecking your practical ability to gain independence, as I said above. Both situations are downright entitled and stupid. You don?t ever stop being a parent, and there?s no ?return on investment? for having kids. Get some responsibility.

TY

Im getting constant slander for not having a relationship nor "looking" for one, sitting behind my PC all the time. I'm getting used to it by now, but nonetheless still annoying.

In the end I will have the last laugh tho xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Im getting constant slander for not having a relationship nor "looking" for one, sitting behind my PC all the time. I'm getting used to it by now, but nonetheless still annoying.

In the end I will have the last laugh tho xD

Tell them that can happen online too.

Years
  • I have about a year or two to save up money to move out or with a roomate or something, I dunno.

The bigger problem here is finding a job that would support me actually living independently. I haven't graduated college yet and I still need to live with my parents until I do, which is for the forseeable future, at the very least.

Once I make it into university, then moving on my own would seem a lot more plausible.

TY

Once I graduate I can work on more days than just a Saturday, which would mean a huge increase in income.

Although I'd be looking for a much better job if I do graduate

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Finding work around here is easy enough, regardless of your skill level. The temp agencies are running in the black, 'now hiring' signs are here and there and everywhere, and finding professional opportunities isn't a wild goose chase with the larger economic boom taking place in the Triangle here. Even construction work is flush aplenty with projects like One Glenwood going up this year.
    Tell them that can happen online too.
    Totally! My husband and I met online, and it has been nothing short of wondrous ever since then.

TY

Well considering everyone around here says theres enough work in the IT department and im about to graduate on IT networking, I'd say I'm pretty much set.

Although a drivers license would come in handy, I find that to be scarier than failing the final assessment

pkmin3033

I don't think it's really natural to actively hunt for a partner like that, either...these aren't things you can force, after all. Need to take the time to get to know somebody before you enter a relationship with them.

TY

Meanwhile at the bike repair shop I had to explain what happened to my bike

"Well you see there was this train..."

Sirfetch’d

Speaking of work I have today off! Dunno what I am going to do though....Might sit around and watch some shows or go to the pool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back