• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    My mom becomes obsessed with Thanksgiving and the holidays. She took most of this week off and will be off next week. I think she's going to get the turkey today or tomorrow and will start preparing food the day before Thanksgiving. We have a feast on Thanksgiving and it is great. If I go off to college far away next year, that's going to be one of the things that I miss.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Funny this is, our refrigerator isn't working right atm so your freezer is the temperature the fridge should be. So we pretty much have to keep our turkey in the freezer and it will be thawed either way. I love Thanksgiving personally cause of all the food. XD

Years
    We're having rosemary chicken for our big meal on Thursday night.. my family has never defaulted to turkey as the main course on Thanksgiving and usually every year we have a different main course.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm more looking forward to the ham we're going to have on Thanksgiving than the turkey. Since the turkey is normally too dry for me. So ... the ham, the bread, and the mashed potatoes. ♥

Years
    Ham usually comes around the corner for us at Christmas.. usually the same sides we have at Thanksgiving dinner (except for the potatoes) are the same with Christmas dinner.. except we usually have sweet potatoes at Christmastime and not Thanksgiving. And after the large Christmas dinner, we usually have enough leftover ham to last us a long while for either leftovers or sandwiches :3 and on December 26th, we always make homemade Cuban sandwiches from the leftover ham.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ham is the primary meal of our Christmas dinner as well. 8)

....... yeah too lazy to respond with more than that

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I'm sad I'll be out of town for Thanksgiving so I won't have a Turkey dinner. :(

As for Christmas we always make seafood gumbo (I live in south Louisiana...so it's a pretty common Christmas meal...well at least when it's cold outside).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When my mom bakes turkey, it's never dry. d: Once the turkey is done baking, she immediately covers it with butter, white cheese, some of those Indian masalas, and a bit of BBQ. All of this make it extremely juicy. Tastes delicious, too! It might make the turkey more fattening, but hey—it's only for a day.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    My parents are too cheap to get turkey, it's always chicken. And then dad thinks I'm gullible enough to believe it is a turkey >>

Years
    One thing I wish my mother did make though was a good and delicious dessert to go along with one of the holidays.. such as a pumpkin pie <3 those things are so delicious

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Hey, you can't have a Thanksgiving dinner without Mashed Potatoes and Gravy! My family has pretty much the same meal every time (except like... minor differences like different types of bread or pie) so once we didn't make the meal and it was so. strange.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I haven't been able to eat turkey in who knows how long. If it were a more mild allergy, I just would deal with it, but it isn't worth having my throat try to swell shut. I:
    Call me picky, but I like being able to breathe.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I haven't had the pleasure of tasting turkey yet. Though personally, I view it as an over-sized chicken and thus I assume it tastes like it...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Turkey tastes exactly like chicken. Well, to me, anyway. The meat is a little harder, though. If it's not well-baked or cooked, it could be hard to chew. As for pies, it's been a while since I last had them. Seven months, I think. xD" Next time we're out to the bakeries, I'll make sure to buy myself some.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    I don't think I've ever tasted turkey so far. But I totally love fried chicken, that's for sure. As for pies, it's been sometime since I last got one. Making me wanna get one soon again.

Also we don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here. In fact, I don't even know when it's happening :/

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back