• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Why yes. We must revive. I just woke up from a short nap earlier today and about to go do a little shopping for next week :3

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    My day has also been quite so-so as well. I've felt a bit ugh for over half the day and I guess that's a bit why it's been so-so. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I've been seeing a few peeps being "meh" today. Why's that? Can a fox gif make you smile? :3

dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My day wasn't so bad. Feeling extremely tired right now, buuut I just don't want to go to bed!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Not when I'm on mobile, no.

Did absolutely nothing for two of my three finals, and skipped out early on the other one. In painting the final took literally 20 minutes, and I spent close to two hours cleaning out palettes for extra credit. 4th hour was biology and had by far the longest final I've seen totaling a hundred and twenty questions. I ended up getting out early and working in between A and B lunch, which earned me a popcorn chicken bag and a large drink.

6th hour was JROTC and since I have two JROTC classes, my final was already complete so I had nothing to do for two whole hours. Everyone else finished their final in less than 20 minutes so it ended up being kind of a social hour for me. :P

On the way home I chatted with this adorable girl named Katie. I'm thinking of taking her out to Culver's (an upper-class burger joint) and telling her to get whatever she wants and I'll buy. :3

Last edited:

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
    My day was also pretty crappy. Looking forward to tomorrow though, it's looking like it will be a good day due to reasons, and things.

On the way home I chatted with this adorable girl named Katie. I'm thinking of taking her out to Culver's (an upper-class burger joint) and telling her to get whatever she wants and I'll buy. :3

You should do it, from my experience lasses called Katie are lovely.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My day should also be better tomorrow, because, well… there wouldn't be much things to do aside from studying for a few hours. d: After that, I could have the whole day to myself.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I always laugh when I see that... no wonder I got the title's reference quickly.

But then again, Chase is a funny guy at times.
    Who is Chase?

Really though you shouldn't be predicting for mods at all, though.. I just don't see the fun or point in doing it tbh :|
    I think it's fun to speculate and talk about the what ifs. I used to do that all the time for moderator promotions, and other high staff promotions. Some people feel the same way.

Internal forum matters are my favorite thing to discuss here, which is why I had a hard time giving up my position since really the only place you can do that to the extent that I enjoyed it is HQ.

I can predict all the moddings... oh wait.​
    I feel really ashamed of myself for legitimately laughing at that.

People obsess way too much over staff promotions. Let it be, if you get promoted then good for you, now you have an obligation to stay and keep up with stuff. Doesn't mean you're better than someone who isn't like you.

At least that's how I look at it.
    I do agree with you, but there is an incredible sense of satisfaction that comes from getting offered a staff position. It means you're doing something right, you're being recognized for doing something right, you're being appreciated for doing something right, and you're being rewarded for doing something right.

All I know is that my phones definitely gonna need a good root to get 4.4 up, cause whatever I go for is gonna be stuck in 4.2 or 4.3.
    What is rooting? I asked one of my coworkers what it meant, because he mentioned his mom wanted to root her phone. I'm not an Android guy, but I'm considering switching to the Google Nexus phone (whichever one is out when my upgrade comes around) next and I want to learn more about it.

I'm terribly stingy according to what my family says. I hate spending money with a passion.

O.o double ninja posts.
    I wish I was more frugal. I'm trying to be. I love being able to spend money, especially if it's something expensive. It gives me a strong sense of prestige and makes me feel rich. Naturally, I greatly dislike the lack of those funds after I buy what it is that I bought, though.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I love being able to spend money, especially if it's something expensive. It gives me a strong sense of prestige and makes me feel rich.
    I'm quite the opposite. As someone who enjoys shopping a lot, I always feel a higher sense of pride when I can buy something that's quality, but at a low price. You never really hear many people brag about how expensive something was that they bought as much as you hear them talk about the great deals they got when purchasing it.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    As for me, I feel a sense of pride when I look over my wallet and see that I haven't used a single buck out of it. I looooove to stock up money for emergency cases and I never use it. That's why all people I know say I should be a manager because money would never be wasted with me.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I think I find better pride buying something that's cheap but still have leftover money for this and that, but, I think there is something.. 'more safe' about buying an expensive product; it kind of makes you feel that the expensive product in question was worth every penny, y'know? Plus, saving up for something expensive can be really rewarding once you've finally got it!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It feels good to have money and I do like saving. In reality, I honestly save more than I spend. However, what's the point of having money piled up all the time if you're not willing to spend it a little and treat yourself from time to time? And if not for yourself, then for others.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    As for me, I feel a sense of pride when I look over my wallet and see that I haven't used a single buck out of it. I looooove to stock up money for emergency cases and I never use it. That's why all people I know say I should be a manager because money would never be wasted with me.
    I wish I loved doing that. I like saving money and seeing it add up and knowing that I won't use it, but I always fall into the temptation of using it because something happens that makes me access those funds. It seems like whenever I'm on the right track, something unexpected happens. Though, I do want to clarify, the more I have, the less inclined I am to spend it because when another paycheck comes in (even though it's around the same amount as my other paychecks), it seems like I got more than I got.

But re: the bold, I had a conversation with my dad about saving money, and I told him that I wanted to do that. And he was like "For what?" and I was like oh my god are you serious right now??? I said in case of an emergency, and he was like "What emergency?" I told him that I don't want to live paycheck to paycheck and struggle to pay my finances.

We had a fight not so long ago and I flat out told him that he's irresponsible with money (to put it into perspective, he had a total of $6,000 the past two months and it's already depleted) and any advice or opinions he has regarding how I spend my money are better left unspoken because I don't value what he has to say regarding finances.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    @Ace - rooting is acquiring administrative privileges on your phone, basically like you have on your computer. It allows you to modify partitions you normally wouldn't be able to touch, like /system. It allows you to back up both apps AND their data in case of the worst. It can do so much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooting_(Android_OS)

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    @Ace - rooting is acquiring administrative privileges on your phone, basically like you have on your computer. It allows you to modify partitions you normally wouldn't be able to touch, like /system. It allows you to back up both apps AND their data in case of the worst. It can do so much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooting_(Android_OS)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    My dad's the opposite. He taught me all I know about saving money. When there's an emergency, we don't really freak out since he saved a percentage of his pay for them. But that also means we don't spend a lot money on things deemed "unnecessary".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back