• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: [DELAYED] Nintendo Direct announced for tomorrow on 3DS, Switch titles

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • UPDATE: Direct is delayed.

Wonder if we'll learn about the Switch Online service too...?

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I am very annoyed at the ridiculously unsociable time that is airing for the UK. I ain't staying up til 11pm for what will probably be a disappointing lack of noteworthy news.

If it's about the online service, they've left it pretty damn late. If it isn't...why do I get the feeling there will be more Smash. That seems to be all Nintendo have to talk about these days.

Years
  • It's midnight for me. I hope it won't be as disappointing with 3DS news as E3. I would like to hear some news on the Luigi's Mansion remake and other games they announced earlier this year.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    please give us some more news on FE: Three Houses

I would like to hear some news on the Luigi's Mansion remake
    Is it supposed to be a legit remake or is it to be more in the vein of an HD remaster? "Remake" to me implies some changes/additions, which is more what I'd like to see. I loved the original Luigi's Mansion, but have no reason to get a simple re-release of it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I'll still be at work - unlikely, but definitely hoping to hear something about Animal Crossing too

Last edited:

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
    Years
  • It?s a looooong ways from ever dying, I think.
    I concur, especially if the Switch will have Poke Bank compatibility in a somewhat distant future.

If it's about the online service, they've left it pretty damn late.
    This will probably be one of their main topics discussed, considering the service is supposed to launch in a couple of weeks---assuming this correlates to the "second half of September."

If it isn't...why do I get the feeling there will be more Smash. That seems to be all Nintendo have to talk about these days.
    Considering Smash is one of their cash cows, that would be a given.

I wish!

Some more wishful thinking would be a snipet of the Pokemon 2019 'core' game, and whether Poke Bank will be used to transfer from Pokemon SuMo/USUM---assuming this will be a thing.

Years
  • please give us some more news on FE: Three Houses

Is it supposed to be a legit remake or is it to be more in the vein of an HD remaster? "Remake" to me implies some changes/additions, which is more what I'd like to see. I loved the original Luigi's Mansion, but have no reason to get a simple re-release of it.

I've never played the original game, so I can't say that for sure, but they talk about it as remake in the trailer.There also should be new mode called Boss Rush. I think it'll be similar case as Fire Emblem: Echoes.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Article has been updated. The Direct has been delayed owing to an earthquake in Japan.

Some more wishful thinking would be a snipet of the Pokemon 2019 'core' game, and whether Poke Bank will be used to transfer from Pokemon SuMo/USUM---assuming this will be a thing.
    Unlikely on the gen 8 game; I can't see us getting more news about it until after LGPE is released.

I doubt we'll get confirmation on Bank either but my bet is it will be on the Switch closer to gen 8's release.

Years
  • Real disappointed at the complaints I've been seeing on Twitter in regards to the Direct delay. Japan just had a serious earthquake and people need time to mourn, settle, etc...obviously tragic and should take priority over something like this. Wishing everyone and their families there the absolute best.

But otherwise, I'm excited to see whatever this Direct will have in store for us =') Considering buying a Switch by Christmas so the more announcements the better! Maybe I'll finally find something I'm interested in, other than Mario Kart haha.

Years
  • i saw some of the comments and i really shouldn't be surprised at how insensitive some people can be. video games are materialistic items at the end of the day; people's lives are a whole different matter. at least show some respect.

but in regards to the direct itself, im really more excited for more switch game announcements than anything else! ... alhough it's more to actually develop a backlog of games that i have to play than anything. xD

Last edited:

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
    Years
  • Unlikely on the gen 8 game; I can't see us getting more news about it until after LGPE is released.

I doubt we'll get confirmation on Bank either but my bet is it will be on the Switch closer to gen 8's release.
    This will most likely be the case; however, I can still have wishful thinking. :tongue-poke:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Smash will definitely be part of the Direct when they do have it. Probably another reveal. Pretty sure Let's Go was also going to be apart of it since we are supposed to be getting new info soon on one of the Japanese shows.

Another game that was probably on it, was the Legos Harry Potter Saga being ported to Switch, since it was just recently revealed, on the same day as the Direct was supposed to happen.

What I am hoping for thought are these:
    Honestly I want to see more characters for Smash.
    I'd like to see more Mega Evolutions to confirm or debunk rumors.
    Animal Crossing is definitely something I'd like to see.
    I'd love to see Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness be ported to Switch. Or possibly a new spin off similar to these.

And something I know a lot of people are going to hate is DLC for Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, for other regions or even maybe a return to Sevi Islands.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Regarding LGPE, I'd like them to confirm Alolan variants seeing as Sandshrew and Vulpix happen to be Version exclusives and both happen to have Alolan variants that evolve with the same stone(hence why they're Version exclusives despite being paired together in Blue and Yellow). By confirming Alolan variants, it'd fill in the Dark Type gap(since Alolan Rattata, Alolan Meowth and Alolan Grimer fill that void) while boosting Ice, Steel, Ghost, Fairy and Dragon Types. Also interested to see if HM's will be needed to access certain parts of Kanto(like cutting Annoying Trees like before). Aside from that, I'd like to hear more of LGPE OST(would it kill them to use old school Anime OST? Seriously the spoiler alone is worth it).

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Reminder that the rescheduled Direct is starting in about 2 and a half hours!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018

Isn't it just coming out this upcoming spring? Not too long of a wait. The trailer is good enough to keep enjoying.

Not to mention I still haven't even started Revelation.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The last 3 minutes were a roller coaster of emotions

"ANIMAL CROSSING?"
    "oh its just smash"
    "ANIMAL CROSSING CONFIRMED"

That fps in Cities: Skylines though, what were they thinking porting that to the Switch, haha

Back