• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2009
    Dunno if someone already posted this but...here's a quick tutorial I found about Poketex. The guy's translated most of the buttons (not in the actual tool, just in images.) bardeg.com/index.php?p=poketex&s=tutorials

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Dunno if someone already posted this but...here's a quick tutorial I found about Poketex. The guy's translated most of the buttons (not in the actual tool, just in images.) bardeg.com/index.php?p=poketex&s=tutorials

FYI if you get the latest version there is one in actual english not... (ASCII i think its in i havent seen the buggy one in a while)

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    i know prolly a lot of people have asked this, but how do you extract .narcs?
    is there a program. i've found a narc tool gui thing, but it doesn't say how to extract it.
    please help.....

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    E-Bag you know better than to break the 4 word rule and bypass the 25 character limit.

I know that you didn't need to write a whole essay to answer his question but you can't have exceptions for such easy to follow rules. Why didn't you give him a link or explain how to use that program? This goes for everyone else too, if you are going to be lazy with your answers don't bother posting please, let someone else answer them.

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
  • FYI if you get the latest version there is one in actual english not... (ASCII i think its in i havent seen the buggy one in a while)

If by "latest version" you mean my (inaccurate and poorly) "translated" version, then you're partially incorrect. It is no different from (probably) any other version of PokeTEX that you will find in how it operates. The only thing mine's got is that I changed the text of the buttons to something that the rest of us non-Japanese reading people can understand.

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
    Years
  • Wow, I never realised we'd gotten so far with DS-Era Pokemon hacking, Now all we need is a new advance map and we'd be cooking with gas :D

Amazing what happens to your priorities after a 1 year break ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    If by "latest version" you mean my (inaccurate and poorly) "translated" version, then you're partially incorrect. It is no different from (probably) any other version of PokeTEX that you will find in how it operates. The only thing mine's got is that I changed the text of the buttons to something that the rest of us non-Japanese reading people can understand.

oh i didnt know that i wasnt the one who downloaded it my brother did i just assumed it was a newer version...

BW: does any1 have a poketext encoder?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    I haven't seen this question anywhere on this thread, and I believe I have read the whole thing (took for ever) and I don't want to make a nuisance of myself by asking something so basic.... but here goes:

I have been able to edit overworld sprites easily. I'm working on editing text. My big problem comes to editing battle sprites, I want to edit my rivals sprite and my characters back sprite (when he throws the pokeball at the start of a battle) but PokeTEX doesn't seem to have an option to do that (I can't find anything on the list that corresponds to the battle sprites only overworld sprites).

Could somebody please inform me as to what program to use to edit battle sprites, and prehaps give me a very basic tutorial (just a 1. 2. 3. step guide, I can work the rest out by myself I'm sure).

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    yes its called pokedspic it can open pokegra.narc trbgra.narc and trfgra.narc for editing. note the images need to be indexed i recommend you save the edited picture with the extension .tif thn reopen it and resave it with the extension .png and it should work fine. you can get it at pokeguide.filb.de

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Ahem. If anyone should need this information, there are MORE tiles in Diamond and Pearl as I found False Shinou in Pokemon Diamond. You can use that for help, it's 64,000 steps north of Sinnoh, shortcut by using Snowpoint.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Ahem. If anyone should need this information, there are MORE tiles in Diamond and Pearl as I found False Shinou in Pokemon Diamond. You can use that for help, it's 64,000 steps north of Sinnoh, shortcut by using Snowpoint.

first of all there are no tiles in D/P/P. There are textures.
    That thing you probably saw, is probably things they were going to include but never did.
    Kind of like the fact emerald has GSC songs in...but they were never used or needed.
    I very much doubt it's a "fake" sinnoh. Because it's not like the real Sinnoh wasn't included o.O
    that map could even be part of a map connection to be fair...
    also would of helped to have a screen.

besides how do you know its exactly 64,000 steps to get there
    sounds like BS, but ill see for myself

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • D-Trogh, -_-' As though I would believe that guy, he once said "SUM R0MSS D0NT H4V3 HeXX"
    besides i'll see for myself.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ahem. If anyone should need this information, there are MORE tiles in Diamond and Pearl as I found False Shinou in Pokemon Diamond. You can use that for help, it's 64,000 steps north of Sinnoh, shortcut by using Snowpoint.

Your few posts that even make sense are total lies, and there aren't tiles in DP. By the way, I've been meaning to ask you about what you said to yunghove, "WHY DID YOU PUT ME AS THE DUMBEST PERSON ON PC?!?!?!? I AM THE ONE WHO HACKS IN THE MOST DANGEROUS WAS ON THE PLANET AND YOU CALL ME STUPID?????? You do know that I am the one who hacked PMD (with Gabe) and I use that and it works. You really hate me, dontcha?". I don't seem to recall hacking PMD with you...

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Thanks for all the help guys, my backpics are up and running :P my game now has fully edited overworld and back/trainer sprites, that should be custom enough for my little brothers xmas present (I didn't want to just give him a game for Xmas, it's too generic, but a slightly customised version of his fave game seemed like a good idea, untill I found out how much actual work it was lawl).

Once again, thanks for the help.

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
  • Thanks for all the help guys, my backpics are up and running :P my game now has fully edited overworld and back/trainer sprites, that should be custom enough for my little brothers xmas present (I didn't want to just give him a game for Xmas, it's too generic, but a slightly customised version of his fave game seemed like a good idea, untill I found out how much actual work it was lawl).

Once again, thanks for the help.

Don't forget a flash card to use to play the game on a real DS! Honestly, I wish I would have thought of that. It would've been a great gift for my brother. I don't think I could do it very well though, as I have no talent with graphics.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    I've already bought him a flashcart, that was his birthday present from me, a flashcart with pokemon diamond, he's completed diamond now and says its boring (how he managed to master pokemon so fast amazes me, he's 6 years old and can pretty much recite every pokemon in order :P but then I've always been more of an fps player myself). Hopefully a customised game with brutal gym leaders and an almost impossible elite 4 will keep him busy XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back