• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    Evolving Feebas easier on D/P?

On Sapphire (when I had it), to evolve Feebas I had to get it's beauty to the very tip of the pentagon. On Diamond though, I didn't get it nearly as close, but it still evolved. My Feebas did have a Rash nature this time, whereas my Feebas on Sapphire did not completely like Beauty Pokeblocs. I still got the Beauty maxed out more on my last Feebas.

Basically, it seemed a whole lot harder to evolve Feebas in Sapphire than in Diamond. Just wondering if there was a reason or if I'm just imagining things.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    How do you defeat Palmer?

The first, or second encounter? For the first battle, a Starmie would be a fine choice against Dragonite, Milotic and Rhypherior, Using Ice Beam, Grass Knot and Surf. Thunderbolt is there too, but Grass Knot should deal a bit more damage against Milotic, if i'm not mistaken.

I haven't encountered him in round 2 yet, so someone else can answer that =P

Here is a page on what Pokémon he uses.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Today I did an experiment with my espeon. I was in the battle tower and it seemed like every battle I was in, I was up against one dark type and I was like wtf where are they coming from usually I rarely see them so since I didn't have a hp that could fight dark types I said wth I'll give him hyper beam. I said since it's 150 and a special atk equipped with wiseglasses lets try it. Come to my surprise, it actually sweeps them with no problem. Does anyone else thinks this sounds like a good idea?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    DP Contest Pokemon

Okay this is about the pokemon I want to train to enter in the pokemon contests...does anybody have any suggestions on what I should use?
    I would like to use:
    Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

glaceon for beauty

beautifly for smart

prinplup for cool

ambipom for tough

and

I Have No Idea On Who I Should Use For Cute...any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    Desperate mum!!!

hey, just joined today to try and help my son, who's 7, and needs help with something. I've never used anything like this before so sorry if i'm doing this wrong.

He's says he's stuck in Mount Cornett near Oreburgh City and trying to get to Spear Pillow but the way is blocked, does anyone know how to get him there, or what he needs to do.

Grateful for anyones help,
    From a slowly going mad mum x

Years
    And you would sign up to a pokemon forum to ask for your son O.o
    Have you tried a google search for Pokemon walkthrough!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Well, for starters this is in the wrong section, belongs preferably in the DPt Q&A (I can't merge it there, so I'll just move it over to DP)

Moved.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Might as well just answer it now. o3o First off; is your "son" in the beginning of the game or the end of the game? It does make a difference because you need HM08 Rock Climb to travel to Spear Pillar, which is only obtainable at the end of the game. If he has, what part of Mt. Coronet is he in? Has he reached the snowy division of Mt. Coronet yet? Be specific. If he's done with all 8 of the gym leaders, here's what you do from the beginning of Mt. Coronet to the end:
    -----------------
    Mt. Coronet
    Before going, make sure to stock up on lots of Ultra Balls. Also be sure to have lots of Dusk Balls, which can be found in Pastoria City's Pokemon Mart. The reason is that you'll soon be catching Dialga/Pakia. In addition, you might need (Super/Max) Repels if you don't want to encounter wild Pokemon every few steps. You'll also need a Pokemon that knows Rock Climb. Now fly over to Oreburgh City and head east, entering Mt. Coronet on Route 207.

Surf across the water at the north. Go up the stairs and pick up the Protein. Climb the rocks at the very east and go up the steps. Pick up the Max Potion at the north and also the hidden Ether on the small piece of rock nearby. Go all the way south for an Escape Rope. Go north, then south again. Get outside through the exit temporarily, climb down the rocks, and pick up an Iron. Go back into the mountain and go as far north as you can. Cross the bridge and go south for TM80 - Rock Slide. Go north for a Revive. Now head east to get to the lower level and go inside the cave opening. Go up the steps and you'll be surrounded by three steps on all sides. Take the one on the right for a hidden Max Revive on the southern-most rock. Go back and go north, where you'll battle a Galactic Grunt. Go west and pick up the hidden Super Repel on the corner rock. Fight the Grunt and exit through the south.

Climbing to the Peak
    Now you're outside in a snowy environment. The goal now is to climb to the top of Mt. Coronet. Go east, north, and climb the rocks. If you go east into the cave opening, you can go straight up the steps for a hidden Ultra Ball. Smash the rock at the bottom-left corner and pick up the hidden PP Up on the rock that's revealed. Go outside, head west, then south (not through the grassy area). Push the boulder out of your way and continue west. Smash the rock along the way and pick up the hidden Max Potion. Head north and go into the cave opening. Back inside, go straight and climb the rocks. Battle the Galactic Grunt, smash the rock near him, and pick up the hidden Revive. There's also a hidden Ether on a northern rock. Go east, battle the Grunt, and go south a bit to pick up a hidden Escape Rope. Head out again by going east.

Go all the way north for a hidden Rare Candy on the single rock. Go south a bit and go down the steps. Check out the cave opening to battle some Galactic Grunts and pick up a few hidden items, including a Rare Candy hidden in one of the rocks in the lowest level. You won't be able to go into the cave opening blocked by the Galactic Grunt. After they leave later, however, you may go inside to pick up TM02 - Dragon Claw. After that, get out of this cave area.

- Walkthrough from PokeDream.com.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    This does belong in the DP Q&A Thread. I understand you're new and a mom but you should really read the forums and figure out where to post to get the correct and most accurate help.

-MERGED-

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Has D/P ever had a wifi event yet if so how many and what were they?
    I'm really jealous of Platinum users soon being able to get a member card via wifi....

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    What pokemon knows the attack "Theif" when caught?

No pokemon knows Thief upon capture. The pokemon that learn it through level up are:

Poochyena (RSE only) Lv 45
    Mightyena Lv 57
    Kecleon Lv 1
    Lombre (RSE only) Lv 37

You can find TM 46 which contains Thief and is found in Eterna City.

On the other hand, if you just need the special ability (stealing items), then I suggest getting a pokemon with the move Covet. Illumise may be found on Route 229 and know it. Skitty are found on Route 222 during a Swarm and also know it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    So can my empoleon can be a uber?
    Lvl 100
    Hp 315
    Attack 215
    Def 185
    Sp att 205
    Sp def 195
    Speed 158
    Attacks known
    Surf,ice beam,drill peck,earthquake
    So now can it be a uber?
    Pls tell me what is uber and legit?

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    No, it's not an Uber. Here's a little definition of the Uber Tier:

The Uber tier is often characterized by legendary Pokémon. The Uber tier often exists as a banlist for standard Wi-Fi battles. Pokémon in the Uber tier are deemed too overpowered to be used fairly among other Pokémon. Garchomp is also a non-legendary that some fans consider an Uber due to its high stats, movepool, and low amount of weaknesses (Ice and Dragon).

So in other words, only Powerhouse Legendaries like Lugia (Yay!), Deoxys, Arceus, etc. are considered Uber.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back