• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did anyone call their legendary anything other than Nebby?

thedorkishguy

Growing PokeMaster
Years
  • I called mine Nebby, didn't have the heart to change the name. However it occurred to me that there are other people out there that DON'T have the same kind of heart I do...

So what else did you call it?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Mahinebby. I tried to compromise as I would have named it "Mahinea" if it wasn't for the whole "Nebby" business.

Years
  • When I caught Solgaleo, I named it Solar Panel.

I didn't nickname Lunala yet, but I will before I trade it. I had a name in mind for it last night but have since forgotten it >_>

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I thought about it but decided not to give it a nickname.

I figured if I decided otherwise I could still nickname it Nebby later anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I thought cosmog and cosmoem looked like a nebby, but Lunala def did not so i left it

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Named my Lunala Galadriel, as I had planned since it was first revealed. I did consider going with Nebby instead, but that's not a great name so.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I named Solgaleo "Lemonade" bc I have a food theme going on. .3. I was really tempted to break the theme for Nebby, tho...

xXLunaSolXx

I nicknamed my Solgaleo "Helios". It is fitting since it is the name of the sun God in the Greek mythology.

Last edited:

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • I left mine Lunala but I'm probably going to change it to Nebby. Also going to let it hold the Poke Doll Lillie gave me because that seems right.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I was considering it, but one of my rules is to only nickname mons that are permanent party members during the story, or competitive mons.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Recently I've nicknamed my Legendary in Sun as Nebby, because I feel like it makes more sense this way, given that Lillie always called it Nebby even when it was a Cosmog.

In Moon, it's quite a different case because of Chinese nicknaming limitations (can't nickname any 'mons in Chinese letters -_-). In Chinese, Lillie calls Cosmog as 小星云 (xiǎo xīng yún, little starcloud/little nebula), so I'll call it as XinYun (新云, new cloud) which is the closest to it.

Last edited:

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    Despite my best attempt, I ended up getting too attached to the little guy and named him Nebby.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Despite the fact that I pretty much always nickname my pokemon, I have two exceptions to naming pokemon. I don't name pokemon I know I'm going to release, and I don't name Legendary pokemon. I just feel like Legendary pokemon are relatively special and should be referred to by their species name. So my Lunala is just named Lunala. The story for Lunala was great, but I didn't find any personal attachment to the name "Nebby".

Back