• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you get Lucky Egg on your first playthrough?

Years
  • Just curious. Lucky Egg can be found in-game, without ecountering Chansey. It is given by blonde girl in hotel lobby, upon showing her Pokemon with high friendship level. The hotel is located in Coumarine City. Now there goes my question, have you got it in your first playthrough? Or you just realized it much later after getting frustrated over finding someone with Chansey Friend Safari? Well there could be someone very generous and just could trade it for you.

As for myself. I'm a person who talks literally to every single NPC in-game, so it wasn't hard to get one.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • This is why I generally do talk to every NPC in the game no matter what. They DO give out things that you wouldn't expect. I thought I was going to get the Soothe Bell from the girl asking to see a Pokemon with a high friendship level, so I was surprised to get the Lucky Egg instead. Then I later got a second one from Harayama I got in Wonder Trade.

Years
  • Yup, but didn't even realise I had it until later, when someone mentioned the egg and I checked my items and there it was LOL.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Yes I got my Lucky Egg but I didn't use it. That Egg is now collecting dust in my bag.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I tried, but regardless of how hard I did, I just couldn't find any, unfortunately. :( Due to that, had to request a friend to give one to me later throughout gameplay. Personally, I just don't think Lucky Egg is that much important this time around, because it's much easier to train Pokémon now with the new and improved Experience Share. We'd usually struggle when it came to training in previous gens, but same can't be said for gen six, you know?

Years
  • Lucky Egg is pretty in-handy post-game where there aren't much trainers to beat. At least that's what I think.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • Lucky Egg is pretty in-handy post-game where there aren't much trainers to beat. At least that's what I think.

Actually, there are tons of trainers that only come out of the woodwork post-game. The only catch is that they're all at the Battle Chateau. You can fight them as many times as you want, but that's only if you want to level grind and/or earn a lot of cash quickly.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I always harass everyone in the world of Pokemon for free items, so it was a nice surprise to be given one of these.

Of course, one of the first friend Safari's I obtained had both Audino and Chansey, so I use that place as a source for farming both EXP and Lucky Eggs.

Years
  • I got and used it! It made training my Pokemon a lot less frustrating, especially since I was old-school and didn't use the Exp. Share. Glad I made an effort to talk to every NPC this time around.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I got it and never used it :P In X/Y it's already really easy to level up so I figured that adding a lucky egg would make it too easy. So I've only used it while making me competitive team.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I got it, although I think I may have put it on a mon that I then released as it's not in my inventory anymore. :-/

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • For some reason, it never occured to me than anyone might not have gotten the Lucky Egg during story mode... I just assumed it was similar to the professor in gen 5 handing you one for free. Shows how little attention I paid. >.<

On the other hand, I barely got my eviolite two days ago... after completing the national dex. >.>

Years
  • I did get the Lucky Egg and I use it when I need some serious grinding. I thankfully consulted a guide so I knew where it was found and I didn't waste time looking for it.

Years
  • I think I used it in conjunction with the EXP Share. I didn't remember how I got it, but it certainly came in handy when I needed to train Pokemon up for gym battles. Thanks to the new mechanic of the EXP share, though, I didn't need the Lucky Egg too much in the long run.

Years
  • Yup, I got my Lucky Egg during the playthrough. I did not use it until post game, though. I farmed a Chansey FS, to get more, so I can level up a team of Pokemon faster in the cafes to complete my Pokedex. I always talk to every NPC in JRPGs. They are very helpful and give you things for your journey.

Back